Little Rock to Dallas- I-30 Breakfast and Lunch

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15333
2004/01/09 18:44:39 (permalink)

Little Rock to Dallas- I-30 Breakfast and Lunch

In a couple of weeks we are going to head West from Louisville to SoCal etc. The first day 'Home to the Little Rock area' is covered...What I need are some suggestions for two meals between somewhere near Little Rock down to The Dallas Area using Interstate 30. Keep any suggestions close to the Interstate please. We will be at Bushies by dark that day. More segment requests will be added soon.

2 Replies Related Threads

Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: Little Rock to Dallas- I-30 Breakfast and Lunch 2004/01/12 11:39:21 (permalink)
    Mr. Mayor, for breakfast, I'd highly recommend Ed & Kay's Restaurant in Benton, soutwest of Little Rock. Liketoeat and I have both mentioned this place on a few other threads. You'll love it.

I doubt that you'll be hungry when you get to Mt. Pleasant, TX, but if you are, there's a BBQ place I used to stop at called Blalock's. Heading west, I think it'll be the 2nd Mt. Pleasant exit, and you'll take a right. It'll be right off I-30 behind a gas station.

Hopefully, some of the Dallasites can recommend stuff close to I-30/635 South/I-20 West/I-35E South in the Dallas area. I haven't found a lot of good "Roadfood" places close to the highway, but there's probably a bunch I've overlooked.

I'm sure you'll be stopping in West, but just north of there at Abbott (birthplace of Willie Nelson), there's a place called Turkey Shop that fixes a GREAT turkey sandwich (McDuff might be ready for a snack ).

Little Rock to Round Rock is approximately 8 hours.
    upstateapple
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Little Rock to Dallas- I-30 Breakfast and Lunch 2004/01/19 14:32:28 (permalink)
    Bryce's Cafeteria, exit 222 off I-30 in Texarkana, has been serving southern style meats and veggies for 7 decades.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1