The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day?

MiamiDon

Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? Thu, 04/9/09 6:12 AM (permalink)
The home page "Restaurant of the Day" for 4/9/09 is The Little Spot.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=2233

I looked this place up in the past, because it is near to where my brother lives.  But, it received a negative review from Michael Stern, and was subsequently slammed by a user review. 

There is nothing new, so why is it ROTD?  Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
    Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? Thu, 04/9/09 11:56 AM (permalink)
    Inquiring minds make the world go round Donald me boy!!!!  It is good to have yours working full blast. 

I have been to The Little Spot 3 or 4 times---I used to meet a business associate there----it was a high class power lunch place.  I never though of it as anything but so-so and convenient. 

I have also stopped at Walter's when in the Mamaroneck area-----if they were on the same block I would definetly go to Walter's ---but they are about 20 miles apart and that is too far for me to go for a dog.  If I am off on the actual milege I will have to admit I never thought of it before reading the reviews. 

ayersian

Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? Thu, 04/9/09 12:17 PM (permalink)
      Maybe it's because of the mouth-watering photo?  Ye gods, that looks incredible!  I'd still go to try that very dog...  Chris

P.S.  We have to mix the positive with the not-so-positive reviews -- if they were all positive, no one would trust our judgment.  I really like this Stern review because it's honest without being condescending toward a local business or the guy who suggested it -- a real "agree to disagree" moment.
      <message edited by ayersian on Thu, 04/9/09 12:20 PM>

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
        Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? Thu, 04/9/09 1:29 PM (permalink)
        ayersian

Maybe it's because of the mouth-watering photo?  Ye gods, that looks incredible!  I'd still go to try that very dog...  Chris

P.S.  We have to mix the positive with the not-so-positive reviews -- if they were all positive, no one would trust our judgment.  I really like this Stern review because it's honest without being condescending toward a local business or the guy who suggested it -- a real "agree to disagree" moment.

Agreed. Not all places serve good food, even if they are family owned, independent, and look like Roadfood type places

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
          Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? Thu, 04/9/09 2:02 PM (permalink)
          I Google Mapped the two and they are 13.1 miles apart------many more miles that I would drive for a
          special hot dog...I can make them just as good at home----Zero miles away. 

MiamiDon

Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? Thu, 04/9/09 4:55 PM (permalink)
            Ancient One:

Yeah, but the dog at your house is not RoadFood! 

I'm going to be in Rye for a few days next month, so I think I may go to the Little Spot (I can add to the negative reviews, if necessary), and also to Walter's in Mammaroneck, and Pat's Hubba-Hubba in Portchester.   Those are all in my teenage stomping grounds, and I never heard of them until I came to Roadfood.com.
            <message edited by MiamiDon on Thu, 04/9/09 4:58 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com