Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day?

Author
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
2009/04/09 06:12:19 (permalink)

Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day?

The home page "Restaurant of the Day" for 4/9/09 is The Little Spot.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=2233

I looked this place up in the past, because it is near to where my brother lives.  But, it received a negative review from Michael Stern, and was subsequently slammed by a user review. 

There is nothing new, so why is it ROTD?  Inquiring Minds Want to Know!

5 Replies Related Threads

the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? 2009/04/09 11:56:28 (permalink)
    Inquiring minds make the world go round Donald me boy!!!!  It is good to have yours working full blast. 

I have been to The Little Spot 3 or 4 times---I used to meet a business associate there----it was a high class power lunch place.  I never though of it as anything but so-so and convenient. 

I have also stopped at Walter's when in the Mamaroneck area-----if they were on the same block I would definetly go to Walter's ---but they are about 20 miles apart and that is too far for me to go for a dog.  If I am off on the actual milege I will have to admit I never thought of it before reading the reviews. 
    ayersian
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 902
    Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? 2009/04/09 12:17:43 (permalink)
    Maybe it's because of the mouth-watering photo?  Ye gods, that looks incredible!  I'd still go to try that very dog...  Chris

P.S.  We have to mix the positive with the not-so-positive reviews -- if they were all positive, no one would trust our judgment.  I really like this Stern review because it's honest without being condescending toward a local business or the guy who suggested it -- a real "agree to disagree" moment.
    post edited by ayersian - 2009/04/09 12:20:14
    John Fox
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2339
    Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? 2009/04/09 13:29:02 (permalink)
    ayersian

Maybe it's because of the mouth-watering photo?  Ye gods, that looks incredible!  I'd still go to try that very dog...  Chris

P.S.  We have to mix the positive with the not-so-positive reviews -- if they were all positive, no one would trust our judgment.  I really like this Stern review because it's honest without being condescending toward a local business or the guy who suggested it -- a real "agree to disagree" moment.

Agreed. Not all places serve good food, even if they are family owned, independent, and look like Roadfood type places
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? 2009/04/09 14:02:38 (permalink)
    I Google Mapped the two and they are 13.1 miles apart------many more miles that I would drive for a
    special hot dog...I can make them just as good at home----Zero miles away. 
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Little Spot - White Plains, NY: Restaurant of the Day? 2009/04/09 16:55:46 (permalink)
    Ancient One:

Yeah, but the dog at your house is not RoadFood! 

I'm going to be in Rye for a few days next month, so I think I may go to the Little Spot (I can add to the negative reviews, if necessary), and also to Walter's in Mammaroneck, and Pat's Hubba-Hubba in Portchester.   Those are all in my teenage stomping grounds, and I never heard of them until I came to Roadfood.com.
    post edited by MiamiDon - 2009/04/09 16:58:46
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1