Livermush Pizza.

Author
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
2007/11/29 23:27:36 (permalink)

Livermush Pizza.

Dearfolk,
If you were to order up a Livermush Pizza at the place in Boiling Springs, North Carolina that offers same (and there you can choose between regular and hot livermush!), what would you put on it? What type cheese would you use? What other ingredients? I can't wait to see the can of worms this opens up, but I'm totally serious.
For mine, I'd ask for hot livermush, feta cheese, onions, and black olives... no peppers. I've tried a Livermush Omelette made with Feta Cheese at The Landmark Diner in Charlotte, N. C. with great success, so this seems like it would work.
Any of you who live where Scrapple or Goetta are available may feel free to use that instead in your theoretical pizza. Or you might even opt to make a pizza with some form of Head Cheese if you're being really entrally-creative (or is that "cranially-creative" instead?).
I don't think I would be willing to try Brain Pizza, so I hope nobody chooses that over Livermush.
Just Loafing Around, Ort. Carlton in Mushified-In-One-Or-Two-Stores Athens, Georgia.

7 Replies Related Threads

peppertree
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 305
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/11/30 01:12:32 (permalink)
    Thin crust (very thin) cooked well done, with mazzorella cheese and the dough should have some garlic powder in it. Please go light on the tomato sauce.
    Sprinkle olive oil on the pizza.
    Rick F.
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1736
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/11/30 01:35:44 (permalink)
    Why did I know that Ort. had started this thread before I even opened it?
    brittneal
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1265
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/11/30 02:15:54 (permalink)
    I dont think head cheese would do the trick. As it is all held together by gelatin I would think it melt the cheese, leaving you with head(brains-ARRGH!!!)
    I was visiting cousins in Munich over Xmas when I was stationed in Germany. My new years eveeeeeeeeeeee treal was a spicy gelatin. It was filled with sliced hardboiled eggs, bits of ham,peppers, onion and peprroncini). Not to bad with wurst breads and lots of Sekt. The next day my uncle brought out his specialty steaming on a garnished platter with brat kartofflen, dumplings and cooked cauliflower. It was the brain that was cooked to make the gelatin. As the guest I got the first slice, he must have given me half a pound. I had super hot mustard and horseraddih to cover it up, but I embarrassed them by puking all over the table. BTW, They never invited me back!
    britt
    brentk
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 251
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/11/30 05:57:15 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

Dearfolk,
    If you were to order up a Livermush Pizza at the place in Boiling Springs, North Carolina that offers same (and there you can choose between regular and hot livermush!), what would you put on it? What type cheese would you use? What other ingredients? I can't wait to see the can of worms this opens up, but I'm totally serious.

I thought Boiling Springs was in South Carolina?

Anyway, what is the name of the place?
    Hillbilly
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 992
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/12/01 00:16:16 (permalink)
    Livermush, feta cheese, onions, light mustard, topped with uncooked coleslaw. Chased by sweet tea or Cheerwine!
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/12/04 01:37:58 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by brittneal
    I was visiting cousins in Munich over Xmas when I was stationed in Germany. I embarrassed them by puking all over the table. britt

Britt,
    Ach du lieder!!
    Mitt Der Gesellschaft Die Terriblepunengoingon, Ort. Carlton in Spreichen-Der-Southern-Dialect Athens, Georgia.
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Livermush Pizza. 2007/12/04 01:46:04 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by brentk
    quote:
    I thought Boiling Springs was in South Carolina?

Brent,
    There is such a place in each state, and -- to add to the confusion -- they aren't much more than 25 miles apart!
    Boiling Springs, South Carolina is about 5 or 10 miles northish of Spartanburg in Spartanburg County.
    Boiling Springs, North Carolina is about 5 or 10 miles westish of Shelby in Cleveland County. It is the larger place, and is home to Gardner-Webb University (which has about 4,000 students!).
    The pizzaria I've heard of (but never been to) is in North Carolina. I don't know its name, but I suspect that it would be a cinch to locate in so small a town. You might try Googling up all the eateries in the town and working from there.
    Hey, I'd like to know myself... this is a bona-fide field trip... especially considering that I need to visit Charlotte soon enough anyway. Boiling Springs would indeed make a decent stopover.
    Mushing Along, Ort. Carlton in Amazing Athens, Georgia.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1