Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/23 09:58:19 (permalink)
In Dallas my favorte ribs are from Back country on Greenville Ave.. I had some Bakers ribs over the week end, not bad but can't top Back Country.

Sadler's frozen whole brisket, when reheated properly, is my favorite BBQ brisket... bar none. Anyone tried Sadler's ribs???
Joe
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2215
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/23 10:24:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by rainroosty

Everyone's different.....We love those Lloyd's ribs! We serve them up with a big batch of rice and make a mess eatin' those delicious saucy ribs....MMMMMM GOOD!!!!

This coming from someone who rates Pizza Hut #1. As you say, "everyone's different". pb
Bogeyman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 35
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/26 12:45:41 (permalink)
Lloyd's is just awful Have tried the ribs & the pork tubs. The tubs seemed mostly that sweet sticky sauce. Not that less would have helped the situation.
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3026
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/26 19:30:11 (permalink)
Did not like Lloyd's either.

As far as Sam's club goes, they look so good. But, you have to really be careful which package you pick in my opinion. I do not like the real meaty end of the slab...That meat at part of the slab has a very strong taste; almsot like a country style rib. As the slab tapers down, the color of the meat changes from the dark colored pork to the lighter colored pork and the taste is completely different.

The price of a slab of these ribs is very reasonable. I think it's like $12?
Ciaoman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 375
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/26 19:41:57 (permalink)
Interesting thread. Has anyone tried Lloyd's BBQ BEEF ribes? I thought they were pretty good, though hardly a match for the beef ribs available throughout TX.
rainroosty
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/27 17:48:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by porkbeaks

quote:

Everyone's different.....We love those Lloyd's ribs! We serve them up with a big batch of rice and make a mess eatin' those delicious saucy ribs....MMMMMM GOOD!!!!

This coming from someone who rates Pizza Hut #1. As you say, "everyone's different". pb

And just what is the connection between me liking Pizza Hut as favorite "chain" and my enjoying Lloyd's ribs?
porkbeaks
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/27 18:42:23 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

And just what is the connection between me liking Pizza Hut as favorite "chain" and my enjoying Lloyd's ribs?

Mediocrity.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/27 19:00:15 (permalink)
Their tub packaged products are so unbelievably over vinegared, one bite knocks the wind out of me.
rainroosty
Junior Burger
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/27 20:13:34 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity.

No, it's not mediocrity to me and millions of others. It's quite wonderfully delicious.
porkbeaks
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/27 21:24:01 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity.

No, it's not mediocrity to me and millions of others. It's quite wonderfully delicious.

It's quite amazing how many folks are satisfied eating mediocre ribs and pizza. pb
rainroosty
Junior Burger
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/28 08:43:16 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And this coming from someone who whines if there's a little cornmeal on the bottom of their pizza. Men can eat all kinds of ribs and all sorts of pizzas and pickled pigs feet and Chef Boyardee spaghetti and all that stuff without whining like a kid about it. In other words, there's nothing at all wrong with the food YOU enjoy, that's all good, too....but just because you don't like what others enjoy it doesn't make that food inferior. I don't whine. You do.

Mediocrity.

It's quite amazing how many folks are satisfied eating mediocre ribs and pizza. pb
Leania_1stone
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 208
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/28 09:18:15 (permalink)
I made the mistake of buying the Lloyds tubs of shredded meat for my sons bday party we were going to cookout but it ended up being really icky out and our budget just went nuts when we bought his presents so we went cheapo and got the prepared stuff....a few ppl ate it but it mostly went untouched I tried to eat it but the sauce was just disgusting and the meat was very dry I won't be buying it again if I need something in a pinch I'll go to grandpa's bbq a local place with good bbq ah you live and learn right? :)
Mosca
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2973
RE: Lloyd's pre-packed bbq'd ribs 2007/10/29 17:06:37 (permalink)
p&b, rr,

I think the idea is that you find reviewers whose tastes agree with yours, and follow them.

rr, you would probably do well to ignore my advice, or at least to disagree with what I don't like and probably agree with what I like; and you would probably be wise to do the same with p&b's opinions.

p&b might very well find that our tastes are similar, and therefore would read my words and choose with me.

A reviewer's overall goal is not to please, but to be consistent. If I am consistent in my descriptions, what I write is useful to everyone.

Tom
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1