Local Donuts 'n' Coffee

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 181 to 195 of 195
Skipcanavan
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 10/12/07 11:04 AM
I also grew up in southern Massachusetts, in Taunton. We have/had (not sure if they are still around) 2 great local favorites. Art's International Bakery and Colonial Donuts. As a kid on those cold snowy mornings the donuts and coffee were a nice warm up!

jettababs
  • Total Posts : 222
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 10/12/07 11:17 AM
I'm hesitant to mention it, since it's already so crowded, but Titus Donuts in Lebanon, Indiana makes the lightest, most ethereal donuts ever. Even several hours old, they're delicate and crisp around the edges, and never greasy. Fresh out of the fryer, they are absolutely imcomparable. The Pershing--a sort of cinnamon donut with caramel frosting, is heavenly. It's not unusual to see people staggering out with several dozen donuts for jury duty, morning meetings, etc.

rhoges6
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Mon, 10/22/07 10:54 PM
There's a little place in Ellington, CT called Gerry's Donuts. I had a teacher in high school who used to bring in a couple dozen of their donuts for us when we had tests. I seem to remember that they have pretty good Boston Cream, but their chocolate glazed were my favorites.
http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=10502932&fr=ypsrp

LoveMyLab
  • Total Posts : 150
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Tue, 10/23/07 11:47 AM
If you are in the Portland, Oregon area and heading up to Mt. Hood then you must stop at Joe's Donuts in Sandy, Oregon. It is recognizable by the line out the door. Fresh made daily with a extensive variety. Perfect combination of sweet, crust, and soft chewy center. The staff appears genuinely happy to be working there. I think these are the best donuts in the Northwest. I do admit to never have eaten at Krispy Kreme. When they opened here there was so much hype and not so favorable reviews.

mantaraya1
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Thu, 11/15/07 3:23 PM
I have tried KK ,DNonuts, but it does not even come close to Spudnuts Donuts in Panama City, FL it is located in the panhandle of Fl. I think the secret is probably the patatoe flour, I love their Huge Apple Fritters, warm cinn twist,Honey buns, and the toasty choc. Long Johns with the cool baberian filled; out of this world.

Typing this message it made me hungry. I will stop by before they close at noon.

ajp1111
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Mon, 11/19/07 10:53 PM
Krispy Kreme's aren't real donuts. For the real thing try Dale's Donuts in Stevensville, MI. Two of these with a cup of joe will stay with you through the morning. The best? Apple cinnamon!

danimal15
  • Total Posts : 1092
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 05/9/08 10:29 PM
I see someone here mentioned a place in Joliet, Ill. I'm in Highland Park. No good donuts anywhere around here that I've found. Seems like DD has a monopoly. Can anyone tell me I'm wrong and recommend a place? I love the old-fashioned cake donuts that are crisp on the outside, soft on the inside - like the ones Yum Yum used to make (it's long gone - I noticed I mentioned it in an 11/19/03 message I wrote on this thread.)

cecif
  • Total Posts : 1412
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 05/9/08 10:54 PM
I have no idea whether this thread has Kane's Donuts of Saugus MA in it... if not, then y'all are so sadly missing out. I seriously believe it is the best donut in the world. Join us on June 1st for a Boston Area Meet & Eat to find out...

Interesting how it always seems the newbies are continually resurrecting old threads... hey more power to ya folks! Welcome!

nanarosiew
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 06/13/08 7:08 PM

nanarosiew
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 06/13/08 7:14 PM
You haven't had a REAL donut until you visit Allie's Donuts in North Kingstown R I. This is a mom & pop shop where all the donuts are home made on the premises fresh daily. Lines can be out the door at times, but it's worth the wait. Why you can even buy a bag of "brokens" at a reduced rate. The heck with the donut chain stores. Allie's is the best.

wanderingjew
  • Total Posts : 7408
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 06/13/08 7:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nanarosiew

You haven't had a REAL donut until you visit Allie's Donuts in North Kingstown R I. This is a mom & pop shop where all the donuts are home made on the premises fresh daily. Lines can be out the door at times, but it's worth the wait. Why you can even buy a bag of "brokens" at a reduced rate. The heck with the donut chain stores. Allie's is the best.

Totally agree!!

jvsmom
  • Total Posts : 462
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 06/13/08 7:56 PM
The Coffee Shack in Pembroke, MA has donuts to die for. My favorite is the whoopie pie donut, but the double chocolate is heavenly too. Also, the coconut jelly stick, and now they have mint oreo donuts.

I would drive the 40 minutes there and back any day of the week and twice on Sunday before I would ever buy another Dunkin' Donut.

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Wed, 07/23/08 4:16 PM
DanD Donuts in Panama City, Fl (located on Harrison Ave, across from Bay county HS)

Oh man these gems have been a PC tradition for years, and man o man are they good.

food truck guy
  • Total Posts : 35
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 09/6/13 6:56 AM
krispy kreme has the best donuts!

Pancho
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee - Fri, 09/6/13 5:09 PM
food truck guy

krispy kreme has the best donuts!
BS...how can you say that? Check out this little joint. Blows that Voodoo tourist trap away.
https://plus.google.com/1...5916352019/about?hl=en

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 181 to 195 of 195