The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Local Donuts 'n' Coffee

Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 4 of 7, messages 91 to 120 of 195
Author Message
lleechef

  • Total Posts: 6259
  • Joined: 3/22/2003
  • Location: Gahanna, OH
RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 08/27/03 2:21 AM (permalink)
Gotta cast my vote FOR Mike's in Everett, MA and definately AGAINST Krispy Kreme. Too sickening sweet for me, hot or not.
With a Mike's doughnut, a nice cup of hot strong coffee from one of the Brazilian cafes.
 
#91
    matilda427

    • Total Posts: 5
    • Joined: 8/20/2003
    • Location: Little Rock, AR
    RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 08/27/03 4:33 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hillbilly

    quote:
    Originally posted by CoreyEl

    Do any of you Razorbacks have an opinion on Shipley's donuts? The Arkansas Times gave it a rave review in its "Best Of" issue, and said they had glazed donut holes. Is it worth a try?


    Shipley's cinnamon twists are great, donuts ok (at least those in Laurel and Hattiesburg, Mississippi). Better than most if there is no Krispy Kreme near.


    Shipley's is ok for Arkansas. It's a handy shop because it's open at 4 am...kind of rare for Little Rock. the donut holes are good and so are the twists...but personally I'll take Community Bakery on Main street in LR any day over Shipley's the glaze on the plain donuts is outta sight and the chocolate glazed are divine. I think they open at 5 am. They are a donut insitution in Central Arkansas.
     
    #92
      Wistah

      • Total Posts: 205
      • Joined: 9/16/2003
      • Location: Hudson, MA
      RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/16/03 7:57 PM (permalink)
      I just had several cake donuts at an apple orchard farm stand in central MA....hot out of the fryer....beats the best of Krispy Kreme by a MILE.......

      Here in the Boston area and down to Cape Cod and out to central MA, fresh homemade doughnuts served in "Mom & Pop" coffe shops used to be a part of our roadfood culture.

      That is, until DD's put a shop on every corner (now they are working on TWO on every corner). That just about killed the M&P's, at least in greater Boston. Even the few indy's left, many of them BUY their donuts from DD or Honey Dew.

      There are still a few good ones left, some of these I haven't seen mentioned yet.

      Gourmet Doughnuts in Wistah.....Anna's in W Roxbury.....Donuts With A Difference in Medford Square (they may not make their own donuts - not sure - but their honey buns are incredible)...Lori Ann in Charlestown.....


      But the BEST, IMHO, are from Ohlin's bakery in Belmont.....out of this world....
       
      #93
        BigGlenn

        RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/16/03 10:37 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by matilda427

        quote:
        Originally posted by Hillbilly

        quote:
        Originally posted by CoreyEl

        Do any of you Razorbacks have an opinion on Shipley's donuts? The Arkansas Times gave it a rave review in its "Best Of" issue, and said they had glazed donut holes. Is it worth a try?


        Shipley's cinnamon twists are great, donuts ok (at least those in Laurel and Hattiesburg, Mississippi). Better than most if there is no Krispy Kreme near.


        Shipley's is ok for Arkansas. It's a handy shop because it's open at 4 am...kind of rare for Little Rock. the donut holes are good and so are the twists...but personally I'll take Community Bakery on Main street in LR any day over Shipley's the glaze on the plain donuts is outta sight and the chocolate glazed are divine. I think they open at 5 am. They are a donut insitution in Central Arkansas.


        Sorry Folks, Shipley's can't compare to Irish Maid Donuts in Pine Bluff Arkansas. Living in California now, I miss them so much. My brother in Florida has actually overnighted them because they are so good! I brought back 7 dozen last trip home. I have a dozen left in the freezer. Uh Oh, make that 10 Donuts left now
         
        #94
          tiki

          • Total Posts: 4135
          • Joined: 7/7/2003
          • Location: Rentiesville, OK
          RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/23/03 11:58 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by lleechef

          Gotta cast my vote FOR Mike's in Everett, MA and definately AGAINST Krispy Kreme. Too sickening sweet for me, hot or not.
          With a Mike's doughnut, a nice cup of hot strong coffee from one of the Brazilian cafes.


          Havent been to Mikes in Everett,but i do miss good old New England PLAIN apple cider doughnuts---no glaze-no frosting-no NEED!!! and i have to agrre that now that i have tried KK they are good but just TOO sweet for my taste---i mean glazed AND frosted!!Just what my alreadey overabundant waistline needs!And although coffee is great, i must admit to a fondness for apple cider with doughnuts unless i KNOW that the coffe hasnt been sitting for ages and their is 1/2&1/2 to go with it--cannot abide by powdered "creamer',and it seems to be showing up more and more nowadays---and if i wanted Irish cream flavored coffe---ID PUT CREAM AND IRISH IN IT!!!!!
           
          #95
            Gator

            • Total Posts: 42
            • Joined: 8/28/2003
            • Location: Austin, TX
            RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/23/03 12:19 PM (permalink)
            I second the sentiment, tiki (and others). I always preferred the "cake" and "fried" aspects of the doughnut to the sweetness. I'm actually eating a Round Rock doughnut as I type, and though tasty, the focus seems to be on the icing. Still, a good local doughnut.

            As for KK, IMHO, all that it demonstrates is that no capitalist ever went broke by increasing the sugar and fat content of something served to Americans.
             
            #96
              KimChee43

              • Total Posts: 382
              • Joined: 8/25/2003
              • Location: Chicago, IL
              RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/23/03 2:53 PM (permalink)
              There's an apple orchard near us that makes its own apple cider donuts during the autumn but only on weekends. They're cake donuts and always glazed. I've never seen plain ones yet. However, I don't think they're made from scratch--probably a commercial mix where they just add fresh apple cider. We like to eat them when they're still warm. People go nuts over these donuts.

              By the way, are there any commercial donut establishments that still make their donuts from scratch? Or does everybody pretty much use a commercial mix? The local family-owned bakery when I was growing up "(now long gone) made everything from scratch, including the donuts, Danish, crullers, pies, cakes, etc. We took it all for granted. Now, I couldn't find a local bakery anyplace that made stuff from scratch if my life depended on it.

              I read in the paper today that Dunkin Donuts is going to start competing with Starbucks and the like by selling espresso, lattes, etc. The article (and I paraphrase) said that DD's goal was to bring uppity beverages normally favored by the intelligentsia, like espresso, lattes, etc., to the common folk. Gimme a break.
               
              #97
                wanderingjew

                • Total Posts: 7411
                • Joined: 1/18/2001
                • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/23/03 3:15 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by KimChee43

                By the way, are there any commercial donut establishments that still make their donuts from scratch? Or does everybody pretty much use a commercial mix?


                Allie's here in Rhode Island still makes their donuts from scratch. Allies has been reviewed on this site.
                 
                #98
                  Liketoeat

                  • Total Posts: 552
                  • Joined: 5/26/2003
                  • Location: Marvell, AR
                  RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/23/03 3:22 PM (permalink)
                  KimChee, CNN just recently had a news feature re Dunkin Donuts going the Starbucks coffee route, as did your morning newspaper I've never been to a Dunkin Donuts and now have less reason to go.
                   
                  #99
                    M&M

                    • Total Posts: 106
                    • Joined: 11/11/2002
                    • Location: Saint Louis, MO
                    RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 09/23/03 6:40 PM (permalink)
                    World's Fair donuts in St. Louis. Grab a bag and walk down the street to the Missouri Botanical Gardens for a nice morning.
                     
                      redtressed

                      • Total Posts: 1017
                      • Joined: 5/10/2001
                      • Location: Morgantown, WV
                      RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 09/24/03 3:46 AM (permalink)
                      I'm pretty picky about my doughnuts. I'm not a fan of commercial ones as a whole, since I grew up doing our own Spudnuts, raised and cake doughnuts here at home. I have a sentimental place in my heart for Krispy Kremes though, just because of the memories of pilgimages my parents and I made to the big bakeries of them in Raleigh NC and Roanoke Va in my young days.We convieniently had family in both towns to go visit, but our secret mission was to get to the Krispy Kreme.

                      We did not and still do not have any of the big doughnut chains here in this town. Unfortunately all the mom and pop bakeries are gone too and the only vendors are grocery store bakeries. Over the state line in Pennsylvania is a small regional chain called Yum Yum Donuts , which doughnut tastiness and variety varies from store to store. I do give them an A on overall variety in their choices such as one called the Chocolate covered Cherry, which is a light cherry cakey donut with a ribbon of cherry jelly in the middle and chocolate icing on top.

                      Besides doing our version of Spudnuts and the raised glazed ones, two of my favorites that my Mama and I developed were Lemonade Doughnuts, which was a deep fried lemony cake doughnut, then was tined with a fork and a glaze of lemonade and sugar was poured over each. The second most memorable was a Rum Doughnut, similar to a Bacardi Rum cake in taste, that had a cinnamony and pecaned laden streusel glaze on them..........

                       
                        johnnym

                        • Total Posts: 30
                        • Joined: 1/27/2003
                        • Location: Farmington, ME
                        RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 09/24/03 11:29 AM (permalink)


                        By the way, are there any commercial donut establishments that still make their donuts from scratch? Or does everybody pretty much use a commercial mix? The local family-owned bakery when I was growing up "(now long gone) made everything from scratch, including the donuts, Danish, crullers, pies, cakes, etc. We took it all for granted. Now, I couldn't find a local bakery anyplace that made stuff from scratch if my life depended on it.

                        Demet's in Medford, Mass makes their doughnuts from scratch. I was in there a few weeks ago and the guy who runs the place was chatting with us, and he told us that yes, almost everywhere had switched to mixes but he was still doing it from scratch. The doughnuts were great, but pretty picked clean by 10am.
                         
                          plumgoodie

                          • Total Posts: 6
                          • Joined: 9/29/2003
                          • Location: Norwalk, CT
                          RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Mon, 09/29/03 8:24 PM (permalink)
                          Two places I would like to mention are the Donut Plant in NYC and Coffee & Donuts in Westport, CT. Both are outstanding.
                           
                            Lucky Bishop

                            • Total Posts: 1049
                            • Joined: 6/9/2003
                            • Location: Allston, MA
                            RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Mon, 09/29/03 11:56 PM (permalink)
                            What is it about people from Massachusetts horribly over-rating places called Mike's? Is it a law? I mean, both Mike's Pastry in the North End and Mike's Donuts in Everett (different shops owned by different Mikes) are raved about here, but in both cases, I find their product to range from okay to uninspired to plain nasty. If I'm in the North End, I breeze past Mike's Pastry with a sad shake of the head at the poor people waiting on line out front not realizing how disappointed they'll be when they come out, and I aim straight for Modern. If I'm in Everett...well, I just ask myself "What the hell am I doing in Everett?" and get out of town as quickly as possible, occasionally diverting my path to Saugus for a coffee roll from Kane's.
                             
                              RevJATB

                              • Total Posts: 3
                              • Joined: 10/1/2003
                              • Location: Hattiesburg, MS
                              RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 10/1/03 12:29 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Richard Brooks Alba

                              P.S. to Paul: Sorry that I was so quick to judge - it just seemed a little...pushy...to have 3 (+2) of your posts talk about everyone getting compared to KK, how there's nothing like a KK [with which I totally agree], but not actually talking about what KK's products TASTE like. (There are lines everywhere for KK - and I agree with AndyNYC1 [yo, Andyyyy!] that people stand in line for the most banal stuff. Look at the Hard Rock Cafe - they could be serving deep-fried cardboard and people would STILL go on about how good they are.) I used to live near Ontario growing up, and there's very little that I remember about the region that was tasty [well, maybe a pie at Marie Calendar's, or some fried something or other at the L.A. County Fair in Pomona], so I'm sure the locals are grateful to have a place to go for some sort of nationwide food phenomenon.


                              Hi folks -- I'm a newbie on this BB but I wanted to reply to this thread, which I've been reading with great interest. Like Paul, I live in the South. I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, and for us growing up (in the '60's) KK WAS a local place for us -- at least local to the South (its headquarters being in Winston-Salem NC). KK didn't even have a shop outside the South until the LATE 1990's. A lot of you talk like KK is some new fad, and I guess it is if you live in NYC or LA, but for us it has always been around. KK started in 1937, not 1997 as some of you seem to think. Sure, the atmosphere at a KK has changed a lot since the 60's: I much preferred the old, quiet, "sit at the counter and keep ordering doughnuts until you're stuffed" feel of the old locations, but the product itself, amazingly, has not suffered in quality at all for all of KK's rapid expansion.

                              As for their being too sweet, again I think that is probably a Southern thing too. The South, after all, is the home of sweetened iced tea and Moon Pies, and, lest we forget, of Coca-Cola! We definitely like sucrose down here, and we're not ashamed to admit it.
                               
                                i95

                                • Total Posts: 2500
                                • Joined: 7/14/2003
                                • Location: Sin City, VA
                                RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 10/1/03 12:40 PM (permalink)
                                "If I'm in Everett...well, I just ask myself 'What the
                                hell am I doing in Everett?'" - Lucky Bishop

                                HA !!
                                 
                                  lleechef

                                  • Total Posts: 6259
                                  • Joined: 3/22/2003
                                  • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                  RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 10/1/03 2:37 PM (permalink)
                                  Just came back from an 8-day road/air trip from Boston.......what the heck was I doing in Everett anyways? The Krispy Kremes were terrible, the traffic was unbearable. Two redeaming factors in Everett: Lily's Gastronomia Italiana and Maria's Mozzarella House.
                                   
                                    spadoman

                                    • Total Posts: 228
                                    • Joined: 9/22/2003
                                    • Location: St. Paul, MN
                                    RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Thu, 10/2/03 6:07 AM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by RevJATB

                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by Richard Brooks Alba

                                    P.S. to Paul: Sorry that I was so quick to judge - it just seemed a little...pushy...to have 3 (+2) of your posts talk about everyone getting compared to KK, how there's nothing like a KK [with which I totally agree], but not actually talking about what KK's products TASTE like. (There are lines everywhere for KK - and I agree with AndyNYC1 [yo, Andyyyy!] that people stand in line for the most banal stuff. Look at the Hard Rock Cafe - they could be serving deep-fried cardboard and people would STILL go on about how good they are.) I used to live near Ontario growing up, and there's very little that I remember about the region that was tasty [well, maybe a pie at Marie Calendar's, or some fried something or other at the L.A. County Fair in Pomona], so I'm sure the locals are grateful to have a place to go for some sort of nationwide food phenomenon.


                                    Hi folks -- I'm a newbie on this BB but I wanted to reply to this thread, which I've been reading with great interest. Like Paul, I live in the South. I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, and for us growing up (in the '60's) KK WAS a local place for us -- at least local to the South (its headquarters being in Winston-Salem NC). KK didn't even have a shop outside the South until the LATE 1990's. A lot of you talk like KK is some new fad, and I guess it is if you live in NYC or LA, but for us it has always been around. KK started in 1937, not 1997 as some of you seem to think. Sure, the atmosphere at a KK has changed a lot since the 60's: I much preferred the old, quiet, "sit at the counter and keep ordering doughnuts until you're stuffed" feel of the old locations, but the product itself, amazingly, has not suffered in quality at all for all of KK's rapid expansion.

                                    As for their being too sweet, again I think that is probably a Southern thing too. The South, after all, is the home of sweetened iced tea and Moon Pies, and, lest we forget, of Coca-Cola! We definitely like sucrose down here, and we're not ashamed to admit it.


                                    Don't forget Southern Comfort!
                                     
                                      fummunda

                                      • Total Posts: 24
                                      • Joined: 9/8/2003
                                      • Location: Kansas City, MO
                                      RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Fri, 10/3/03 1:05 AM (permalink)
                                      I KNEW I shouldn't have looked into this thread, I'm homesick now...I grew up in Malden, Mass. right next to Everett and Mike's, where I still go for a donut fix whenever I'm back there. Out here in Kansas City one place came close to Mike's, and that was the original Lamar's in midtown. Lamar's are franchised now but they just can't hold a candle to the late lamented real deal. Now that it's gone there's Krispy Kreme, and I am totally underwhelmed by those batter lumps. I'm even getting nostalgic for *ugh* Dunkin's...wouldn't mind a regula coffee and a honeydip crulla from there right now.
                                       
                                        johnnym

                                        • Total Posts: 30
                                        • Joined: 1/27/2003
                                        • Location: Farmington, ME
                                        RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Fri, 10/3/03 1:17 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by fummunda

                                        I KNEW I shouldn't have looked into this thread, I'm homesick now...I grew up in Malden, Mass. right next to Everett and Mike's, where I still go for a donut fix whenever I'm back there. Out here in Kansas City one place came close to Mike's, and that was the original Lamar's in midtown. Lamar's are franchised now but they just can't hold a candle to the late lamented real deal. Now that it's gone there's Krispy Kreme, and I am totally underwhelmed by those batter lumps. I'm even getting nostalgic for *ugh* Dunkin's...wouldn't mind a regula coffee and a honeydip crulla from there right now.


                                        Sad to say, Dunkin's no longer has crullers. Yup. I know. Tragic. They now have 'sticks' so that a machine can make them more easily. Mike's and Demet's and other shops in the area still crank out the crullas though. A stick is not as much fun to eat, or order, as a cruller.
                                        Others can disparage Mike's all they want, but that Nut and Honey doughnut...so soft and sweet with honey and dripping nuts all over the place...at one in the morning...it humbles other doughnut offerings. Humbles them.
                                         
                                          Mr. Spudnut

                                          • Total Posts: 4
                                          • Joined: 11/4/2003
                                          • Location: Ada, OK
                                          RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 11/5/03 12:12 AM (permalink)
                                          There's nothing as deleesh as a Fresh Mr. Spudnut. Back in the late forties and early fifties, my grandmother would treat us on Saturday to a glazed one. This was in Marysville, Ca. Many years went by without ever hearing of a Mr. Spudnut. In the mid eighties, while living and working in L.A. (Van Nuys-Reseda)a Spudnuts opened up on Reseda Blvd. in Reseda. I went into convulsive ecstacy. It turned out to be a revamped and updated Mr. Spudnut. Pure heaven. Made with a potato flour mixture, they are super lite on the inside with a little bit of a crust. So what happens ? I move to Oklahoma. Only two donut shops in town other than WalMart and one store bakery. What horrible torture.
                                           
                                            danimal15

                                            • Total Posts: 1092
                                            • Joined: 8/7/2003
                                            • Location: Chicago, IL
                                            RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Wed, 11/19/03 5:09 PM (permalink)
                                            Yum Yum donut shop next to Wrigley Field in Chicago used to have great donuts - especially the old-fashioned variety. I haven't been there in years, but it doesn't appear to sell donuts anymore - it looks like more of a greasy spoon lunch place. The atmosphere was always terrible - there wasn't a no-smoking section, so you always came out smelling like an ashtray.

                                            This is off the beaten path, but we used to pass through Freeport Illinois on the way to Galena from Chicago and there was a donut place we liked called Mr. Donut. I think it was a chain. Does this chain exist anymore? The one in Freeport is long gone.
                                             
                                              The-Porcus

                                              • Total Posts: 32
                                              • Joined: 10/4/2003
                                              • Location: Cambridge, MA
                                              RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Sun, 11/23/03 8:13 AM (permalink)
                                              Someone may be able to help fiond this gem - one of the best doughnuts I ever had was at a little home bakery in Springfield, Ohio. It was a Sunday morning and I drove out from Dayton looking for precocious Yellow Springs, took the wrong exit off I-70 and ended up at this wee place on Springfield's south side. But I never found my way back...
                                               
                                                The-Porcus

                                                • Total Posts: 32
                                                • Joined: 10/4/2003
                                                • Location: Cambridge, MA
                                                RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Sun, 11/23/03 8:17 AM (permalink)
                                                If ever in Vancouver, BC go a little farther out to scenic Deep Cove (15 minute drive east off the Second Narrows Bridge) and try the fat cake doughnuts at Honey's. With a cup of joe, walk out to the waterfront park and pinch yourself to be sure it's not a dream.
                                                 
                                                  jm199

                                                  • Total Posts: 215
                                                  • Joined: 11/24/2003
                                                  • Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
                                                  RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Mon, 11/24/03 12:11 PM (permalink)
                                                  I just posted on another discussion board regarding the zen donuts of ORAM's donuts, of Beaver Falls, PA. Where else can you get donuts with key lime fillng, or ones rolled in crushed pecans or toasted coconut? Check out their website at www.orams.com

                                                  They make Krispy Kremes taste like wallboard, and Orams are twice the size. Their world famous Cinnamon Rolls are called hubcaps by the locals, and are only 75 cents each. I drive 45 miles for these donuts, and always buy at least five dozen each time. They are simply marvelous!!!!

                                                  ORAMS IS THE PLACE TO GO! BRING THE FATBOY PANTS AND ENJOY!!! HOHOHO!!!!!
                                                   
                                                    LApalms

                                                    • Total Posts: 9
                                                    • Joined: 11/25/2003
                                                    • Location: Redondo Beach, CA
                                                    RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Tue, 11/25/03 11:31 PM (permalink)
                                                    KK? LOL!
                                                    The biggest joke in fast food in many a year. HYPE city. Used to gert in Florida. Got them about 3 times. YAWN.....
                                                    ANY donut shop out here, heck just on Artesia Blvd alone, is much better. Artesia Donuts in Redondo beach, and almost ALL donut shops in SoCal are great.There are probably about 6 great donut places within a mile of here that put KK to shame. (Ka Ka) RANDY'S on Manchester just off San Diego Fwy by LAX. We're all laughing while they, mysteriously, get tons of free publicity in the media. They are indeed, brilliant marketers.
                                                     
                                                      LApalms

                                                      • Total Posts: 9
                                                      • Joined: 11/25/2003
                                                      • Location: Redondo Beach, CA
                                                      RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Thu, 11/27/03 8:21 PM (permalink)
                                                      WAY TOO SWEET.
                                                       
                                                        peppertree

                                                        • Total Posts: 301
                                                        • Joined: 6/15/2003
                                                        • Location: Austin(Brooklyn guy), TX
                                                        RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Thu, 11/27/03 8:33 PM (permalink)
                                                        http://www.roundrockdonuts.com/

                                                        Round Rock Donuts now with three locations. I don't drink coffee so I just care about the donuts.

                                                        This is the place to get the donuts. Regular or chocolate covered.
                                                         
                                                          acoustic blues

                                                          • Total Posts: 86
                                                          • Joined: 11/9/2003
                                                          • Location: carbondale, PA
                                                          RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Sat, 11/29/03 9:08 AM (permalink)
                                                          Schaviones (I hope I spelled it right) on Route 6-11 north of Clarks Summit Penna. Awesome
                                                           
                                                            johnnym

                                                            • Total Posts: 30
                                                            • Joined: 1/27/2003
                                                            • Location: Farmington, ME
                                                            RE: Local Donuts 'n' Coffee Thu, 12/18/03 11:07 AM (permalink)
                                                            Since there were several people who responded to this thread with praise for Mike's in Everett, Mass, I thought I should mention the bad news here. I was in there a week ago and the lady behind the counter announced that they are closing. It seems that the guy who runs it has been at it for 40 years and wants to retire. She didn't know when it will close, but when it does, the rumor is...ANOTHER Dunkin Donuts.
                                                            Very sad.
                                                             
                                                              Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 4 of 7, messages 91 to 120 of 195

                                                              Jump to:

                                                              Current active users

                                                              There are 0 members and 2 guests.

                                                              Icon Legend and Permission

                                                              • New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

                                                              2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com