The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Long Island , NY

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 13, messages 241 to 270 of 380
rongmtek

• Total Posts: 503
RE: Long Island , NY Thu, 09/14/06 7:36 AM (permalink)
Fearn's was a bit precious, but the wine & cheese thing was a trend that had a short shelf life, thankfully. In another thread about LI in the 60's, I mentioned an odd vibe at Fearn's. On more than one occasion one of the 2 brothers who ran (owned?) the place asked me "Are you riding the silver train tonight?" I always assumed this was an offer of cocaine, though I have no proof. I did not like coke, and certainly had no money for it if I did. You mentioned "food budget"; I don't think we ate much at all, spending what cash we had on drink. We also drank at "Alice's Restaurant" on Northern Blvd, Patrick's Pub (I forget where), and the best dive of all (and still going strong) Eddie's Pizza on Hillside Avenue.
I have not lived on LI since 1972, but I own a business in Albertson, so I do eat around sometimes. The only place I can recommend is the churrascaria on Jericho Tpke near Willis Avenue. Excellent rodizio and a very lively (if older) scene. That neighborhood (Mineola/Albertson) is quite aged now, and I don't mean our generation, I mean that of our parents.
Happy eating.

hotpep1

• Total Posts: 17
    RE: Long Island , NY Wed, 10/4/06 10:46 PM (permalink)
    OK, I have to add my two cents...grew up in Massapequa/Farmingdale but have lived in South Floirda past 27 years.

Places gone now:
    Ray-Norr's: gonna miss their fried chicken & corn fritters when I visit!

Big Bow Wow: was on Sunrise Hwy., Massapequa Park. An open garage-like place that had great hot dogs & burgers, grilled over charcoal.

Jolly Rogers: I remember how my Dad would get a pastrami sandwich that would be packed with 4" of meat. He would always go back to the counter and say he "dropped his bread", and the counterman would give him 2 more slices, and my Dad would make a 2nd sandwich to share with me & my Mom!

Great places that are still there:
    Zorn's: terrific rotisserie and fried chicken, ribs not bad either!

Kwong Ming Chinese Restaurant: on Jerusalem Ave. & Wantagh Ave.

Can you still get Chinese roast pork sandwiches on garlic bread up there? I used to get them all everywhere...

LindaW

• Total Posts: 338
      RE: Long Island , NY Thu, 10/5/06 7:57 AM (permalink)
      from Newsday
      BBQ trend still smokin' (10/4)
      BY JOAN REMINICK
      Newsday Staff Writer

October 4, 2006

The barbecue trend continues to smoke. In North Bellmore, Laura's BBQ Roadhouse just opened at 1759 Bellmore Ave., 516-409-4510, under the ownership of Texas native Lloyd Adams and his wife, Long Islander Laura Adams.

The couple started out with a mobile catering business called Laura's BBQ Shack, which served as a vendor at the annual Grill Kings Long Island BBQ Cook-Off at Belmont Park Racetrack in Elmont this past July. "We received the People's Choice award," said Adams regarding that venture. While the new restaurant offers ribs, pulled pork and chicken, Adams' professed favorite is brisket. "Being from Texas, I do like the beef," he said. The eatery, which occupies the site that formerly housed the Smithville Cafe, has an outdoor smoker.

For the past month, Barbecue Bill's has been filling the streets of Greenport with the scent of hardwood-smoked meats. The bi-level restaurant, at 47 Front St., 631-477-2300, offers deck seating and overlooks Greenport's harbor. Pit master Doug Cress co-owns the place with manager Bill Winkle. They offer such classics as brisket, pulled pork and ribs, both baby backs and St. Louis-style.

Will Breakstone, who won the 2003 Grill Kings Long Island BBQ Cook-Off, just opened Willie B's, 222 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore, 631-206-2580. It has no tables and only does takeout and delivery. Breakstone, a former municipal bond broker and financial consultant, had been running a catering operation for the past couple of years. He said he envisions his new business as "the Domino's of the new millennium." Specialties include brisket, pulled pork, pulled chicken, barbecued chicken, baby back ribs and smoked sausage.

Care to smoke your own? Paul Kirk, the legendary pitmaster, cookbook author and co-owner of Manhattan's R.U.B. (Righteous Urban Barbeque), will be conducting a one-day seminar entitled The Baron's School of Pitmasters on Oct. 21 at the Water Taxi Beach in Long Island City. Kirk will preach on, among other topics, brisket, pork butt, pork ribs, chicken, sausage, fire management, fuels, rubs, and contest presentation. The class, limited to 40, costs $250. For information, go to whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com. For questions, and to reserve a place, contact Robert Fernandez; e-mail bbqwhite trash@optonline.net or 917-763-5062.

One reason to plan a drive out to the East End this time of year is that several dining spots are offering price breaks for the fall season. Alison, 95 School St., Bridgehampton, is featuring a plat du jour every Tuesday to Sunday from 5:30 p.m., with a different special running every day. On Sunday, for example, the dish is a lobster potpie for $27. Included is a green salad and a glass of wine. For information or reservations, call 631-537-7100.

Another deal may be found at Almondito, 290 Montauk Hwy., East Hampton, which is running a three-course $19.95 prix fixe Thursday to Monday from 6 to 7 p.m. and all night on Wednesday. For information or reservations, call 631-329-6700.

LGDENNO

• Total Posts: 5
        RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 11/13/06 4:14 PM (permalink)
        Does anyone remember Heads and Tails in Roslyn? Early 70's. Great bartender named Arthur. Always had my favorite cocktail waiting since he would see me coming from the parking lot accross the street. Also had great food when they opened prepared by chef Mike as I recall. Some say it went down hill. I wouldn't know since I would usually attend the bar festivities!

LGDENNO

RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 11/13/06 4:57 PM (permalink)
          Another couple of places I thought about are:

The Blue Spruce: Was located just east of the Roslyn bridge on the right side. I never was in there but my Mom said it was quite the place. Any comments??

Powell's Clam Bar: Was located on the way into Cold Spring Harbor on the water. A legit Billy Joel hang out. Hung with him many times there. It was outdoors only with fresh, cold clams and oysters or fried whole clams and oysters and brewskies. On a summer day or warm spring or fall day this was nirvana for me.

Manero's Steak House: Was located in Roslyn just off 25A (YES, THEY STILL HAVE ONE OPEN IN GREENWICH, CT RIGHT ON THE WATER. STAY AT THE THE GREENWICH HARBOR INN IF YOU TRAVEL). Dry aged steaks and unbelievable garlic bread and gorgonzola cheese salad dressing! They also had a restaurant called Al Dowds in Northport.

All for now.

MacTAC

• Total Posts: 425
            RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 11/13/06 6:17 PM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by LGDENNO

Manero's Steak House: Was located in Roslyn just off 25A (YES, THEY STILL HAVE ONE OPEN IN GREENWICH, CT RIGHT ON THE WATER. STAY AT THE THE GREENWICH HARBOR INN IF YOU TRAVEL). Dry aged steaks and unbelievable garlic bread and gorgonzola cheese salad dressing!
            And there is still a Manero's Steak House on the south side of Jericho Turnpike in Syosset, just west of South Oyster Bay Rd/Jackson Av...

rongmtek

• Total Posts: 503
              RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 11/13/06 10:53 PM (permalink)
              WOW! I have posted to this forum a few times, but here are TWO places I completely forgot about!
              Heads & Tails- the missing link in the Roslyn memory chain. Along with Fearn's Harness Shop & My Father's Place, these three places were the suburban pseudo-hippie hangouts of the late 60's & early 70's. Although I seem to remember Heads & Tails becoming somewhat more "Saturday Night Fever" at some point; that might have just been the young ladies stumbling over their disco biscuits.
              And Manero's Steak House- the "fancy" restaurant we were promised at the end of the hebrew school year in seventh grade. It was fancy enough to get to second base on the bus ride home! Ah, youth...
              Another local Roadfood place, still operating after at least 50 years: HILDEBRANDT'S ICE CREAM SHOP on Hillside Avenue in New Hyde Park. Excellent homemade ice cream, fresh burgers (served on toast, I think, not buns? Not sure.)
              I tend to badmouth Long Island, but it was not a bad place to grow up.

kaos

• Total Posts: 1
                RE: Long Island , NY Thu, 11/16/06 5:28 PM (permalink)
                hello everyone...when i was a kid i used to go with my parents to howard johnsons in valley stream ny..we would have the all you could eat fish..and on other nights i believe it was all you could eat chicken...does anyone remember the exact location of this resturant...it has been driving me nuts tring to figure out where this was as compared to now...can anyone help.....thanks kaos

Scott_R

• Total Posts: 127
                  RE: Long Island , NY Thu, 11/16/06 5:30 PM (permalink)
                  Reading this thread makes it sound like there USED to be good restaurants on LI, but there aren't any anymore.

lcc50s

• Total Posts: 3
                    RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 01/14/07 1:18 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Scottow

Does anyone remember Hamburger Choo Choo on Main Street in Huntington? You HAD to sit at the counter because your burger would be delivered to you by train atop a flatcar! Also, does anyone recall the name of the restaurant in Cold Spring Harbor near The Moorings, that was done up like CAVES? This would be around 1960 or so. I lived there through 1970 and it was long gone before then. I can't for the life of me remember the name. Oh, and I loved Linck's Log Cabin as a kid! A classmate of mine at Cold Spring Harbor - Linda Meyers - told me her parents owned it. And Hilldebrant's on Hillside Avenue in Williston Park (where I lived till '56) was a favorite, too. Ah, the memories!

lcc50s

• Total Posts: 3
                      RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 01/14/07 1:24 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Scottow

Does anyone remember Hamburger Choo Choo on Main Street in Huntington? You HAD to sit at the counter because your burger would be delivered to you by train atop a flatcar! Also, does anyone recall the name of the restaurant in Cold Spring Harbor near The Moorings, that was done up like CAVES? This would be around 1960 or so. I lived there through 1970 and it was long gone before then. I can't for the life of me remember the name. Oh, and I loved Linck's Log Cabin as a kid! A classmate of mine at Cold Spring Harbor - Linda Meyers - told me her parents owned it. And Hilldebrant's on Hillside Avenue in Williston Park (where I lived till '56) was a favorite, too. Ah, the memories!
                      I remember Hamburger choo choo very well...I believe the "cave" restaurant you are thinking of was Neptune's Cave..I went there many times as a kid with my family..then to the fish hatchery afterward..Lincks was always a Sunday spot with family..as Mei Ting in Huntington..The little Shack in Centerport for outdoor eating~ Great Times~ Miss the "good Old Days" of Long Island (although I am still here~ born and raised in Northport.

LGDENNO

RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 01/16/07 2:30 PM (permalink)
                        Does anyone remember THE IBERIAN in Huntington village? They had the best spanish food! Paella, Shrimp Ajillo (loosly interpreted as "shrimp from hell" according to the owner).

I remember the Hamburger Choo Choo like it was yesterday. Then again what red blooded boy wouldn't? To have your burger delivered by a model train! Yes, that was livin!

And of course Huntington has the Med Snack Bar and Canterbury Ales! Two great places!

LGDENNO

RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 01/16/07 3:16 PM (permalink)
                          Two great waterfront Long Island restaurants that have been around forever and are still in business today! How novel...

LOUIES on Manhasset Bay in Port Washington. Right on the water and used to have outdoor dining. Haven't been there in a while so don't know if they still do. The bar bustles with alot of local boaters and fisherman (docking available). Great food, great atomosphere. A cocktail and some seafood at the bar works wonders but they have a formal dining area as well.

WALL'S WARFon Long Island Sound in Bayville. You will step in sand probably before you step into Wall's. It's right on the beach. Large bar with large windows looking out at the sound and a large outdoor deck on the beach for drinks and food. Wall's also offers a formal dining room. This is a fantastic place to catch a sunset in the summer or a Nor'easter in the off season.

I have been a patron of both for almost 50 years and they were around long before I arrived. Enjoy!

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
                            RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 01/16/07 3:29 PM (permalink)
                            LGDENNO and company --------- I ate in the Blue Spruce twice and it was a great looking place and the food was great, but like many restaurants it burnedto the ground one night and that was that.

The Clam Bar in Cold Sring Harbor was a regular stop off place for me---if I was near it a lunch time--it was also where I put my boat into the water. The ramp was just along side and when the snappers and blues were running I was there all the time. A friend of mine lived in a house boat just off the docks and often worked the clam bar. There had been a wonderful big restaurant right there but it too burned down, can not remember the name. Ah yes---The Mooring !!!!!!

Manero's is kaput in Greenwich. It changed hands 2 or 3 years ago and the new owners closed up within a few months. Having lived in Cold Spring and in Greenwich I knew Manero's and Al Dowd's (Manero's son-in-law)very well.

And the Choo-choo on Main St Huntington---ah yes !!! I worked on the construction of the place back in the 50's and was there for the Grand Opening. It was fun while it laste. At that time Main St had angle parking and you drove down the middle.

LGDENNO

RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 01/16/07 3:58 PM (permalink)
                              A very fun post to read MARINER! Always fun to get another perspective.

Yes, now that you mentioned it, The Blue Spruce met the same fate as many other fine eating establishments on L.I. including Links Log Cabin. As I recall that burned as well. Makes you wonder...

Ah yes, snapper and blue fishing and eating! A great pastime of mine having grown up on Long Island all my life. And I can almost picture the houseboat that you speak of. Went to the Mooring early 60's before it burned.

Sad to hear about Manero's. It was an institution and a super example of a fine steak house with it's dry aged meats, garlic bread and salads! You don't see that much anymore. The last time I ate there I had their lamb chops that were 2 inches thick and aged as well. Lovely!

Quick story about their garlic bread. The original location in Roslyn has changed names but the last I knew they still had the meat shop and sold the same garlic bread to go. Careful, the last time I bought it, it ate through tin foil and a plastic bag before I got home. AHHHH, the same garlic bread we remember! The garlic oil just oozes!

I posted about Wall's Beach (Wall's Warf) in Bayville. Ever been there?

Thanks for your feedback.

Scott_R

RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 01/21/07 12:15 PM (permalink)
                                Chaophaya is back!!!

Best Thai there is, closed in Lindenhurst in Fall of 2004.

There was an article in the NY Times, detailing its reopening in Kings Park, 25 Main Street--an excellent review, calling the food "exceptionally good."

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
                                  RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 01/21/07 12:50 PM (permalink)
                                  LGDENNO,
                                  Dear Sir,

Yes indeed I have eaten at Wall's, as a matter of fact when I lived in Low-cost Valley and Glen Cove
                                  I ate their quite often. I also made a fool of myself there one night when a table I had reserved was taken. I had invited a lovely lady to enjoy the sunset from a seat in the window---but some yahoo tipped the waiter a buck or two and stole my fancy table. I was angry but a free vodka martini made me feel better.

There had been another joint a little west of Walls---a much bigger place called Reinhardt's (if I am not mistaken) where busses would bring groups from all over for seafood at the beach. Nothing fancy---eat with your fingers from the paper plates and wipe 'em with paper napkins as you sit on the outside deck and fight off the flies and seagulls. Great fries and slaw !!!!! And very cold beer.

eggsactley

• Total Posts: 128
                                    RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 02/4/07 11:44 AM (permalink)
                                    Long Island is suffering through what all suburban areas are...the big box chain mentality. These mediocre outlets kill the business for the Mom and Pops, not only in restaurants but in all phases of retail.

Scott_R

RE: Long Island , NY Thu, 02/8/07 10:50 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by eggsactley

Long Island is suffering through what all suburban areas are...the big box chain mentality. These mediocre outlets kill the business for the Mom and Pops, not only in restaurants but in all phases of retail.

Too true, unfortunately. I refuse to set foot in any chain restaurant, and won't go to other retail if there's a indie option.

Scott_R

RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 02/13/07 10:28 PM (permalink)
                                        I posted a review to Second's BBQ, for those who didn't see it.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=4369

Rob1958

RE: Long Island , NY Thu, 02/15/07 9:36 AM (permalink)
                                          Hello all, great site...i stumbled upon it during a search. I grew up in Levittown and now live in Lk Ronk. There were plenty of childhood era food outlets that dotted the landscape. Jolly Roger (with great, rubber-like hot dogs), Wetsons, Raphael's and Francesco's pizza, Zorns (on Thanksgiving, my mother used to comment that these turkeys had breakfast that morning), Potters Pub for hamburgers, Jahns (kitchen sink which I had shared after roller skating but never ate myself.
                                          As a sidenote, I worked in the "New Levittown Park Bake Shop" as a teen. The mirror on the right is a two-way in which we would be an inch or two away from people fixing their make up and hair, etc..which at times made us howl with laughter.

hagster

RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 02/18/07 4:03 PM (permalink)
                                            Hi All,

Great site, and I got here by accident looking for info about The Texas Ranger restaurant of Freeport. This topic brings back lots of memories of good eateries on Long Island for me, and I still live here, born and raised in Freeport, now in Sea Cliff.

The places I remember that some have mentioned are: Linck's Log Cabin, Raay-Nor's (our family used to go there every Easter), Fearn's Harness Shop, Heads or Tails, and The Texas Ranger of Freeport, as mentioned.

The Texas Ranger made what they called a 'Special Burger' with their own recipe cole slaw, onion and tomato on the burger, absolutely great. There was another Texas Ranger in Island Park. Someone mentioned another great burger place in Roosevelt, and that may have been Nikki's, which supposedly had the same burgers as The TR's, although i never ate there. Up until a few years ago, after the demise of those restaurants, there was one other place where you could get the same 'Special Burger', and that was Ehrhardt's on Woodcleft Canal in Freeport, which was primarily a seafood place. That one's gone now as well. Each of these places had good chili as well, and the 'Special Burger with Chili' over the top of it was outstanding.

A few other unmentioned restaurants: Blakely's in Freeport, right on Sunrise Highway. They had cheeseburgers with Glenn Blakely's own recipe cheese (some combination of wisconsin cheddar, worchestershire sauce, and stale beer mixed together). I know that because my father worked there for a while. Right down the street was Viebrock's, with good German meat and potatoes cooking, great homemade ice cream, and one of the first, if not the first, in restaurant francises for Colonel Sander's KFC.

Also, and this one I think is still in business, now on Grand Avenue in Baldwin, is Sal's Wander Inn. Their original location was right on the top of the hill, going over the canal between Baldwin and Freeport, and that place was pretty funky, lopsided wooden floors, etc. It's still the only place I know of on LI where they make shrimp pizza, which is a treat.

Then there was the old Nathan's in Island Park which was like a gigantic barn. Great burgers smothered with fried onions, etc.

I have to stop myself now. Thanks for reading.

MacTAC

RE: Long Island , NY Sun, 02/18/07 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by hagster

Great site, and I got here by accident looking for info about The Texas Ranger restaurant of Freeport.
                                              Hi Hagster,

I ate at the Texas Ranger once and before I returned, it had unfortunately closed. That was a good burger. Although I wasn't from Freeport (Levittown), my mother worked for quite a few years in the Meadowbrook Bank, in the landmark building there. My best friend's father was a butcher in Karl Ehmer's.

I used to drive my mother to work so I could use her car during the day. I remember hearing Otis Redding's Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay for the first time, right after his death. I was driving on Sunrise Highway right in front of what is now Dunkin Donuts. Was that a Wetson's back then?

hagster

RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 02/19/07 10:07 AM (permalink)
                                                Hi MacTAC,

Yep, that was a Wetson's. There was one in Merrick too, on Merrick Road. Remember getting a gigantic bag of around a dozen burgers, and a half dozen bags of fries? I believe the burgers were something like 15-20 cents apiece.

I was riding in a car myself, with my cousins, when I first heard the Beatles, I think it was 'She Loves You'. Knocked me out. I eventually became a musician and the Beatles were a big reason why. Funny how we remember this stuff.

There's a place which is almost an institution on the south shore, in Massapequa, called the All American Hamburger stand. Remember that one? It has to have been there for the last 35 years or so.

MacTAC

RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 02/19/07 10:26 AM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by hagster

I was riding in a car myself, with my cousins, when I first heard the Beatles, I think it was 'She Loves You'. Knocked me out. I eventually became a musician and the Beatles were a big reason why. Funny how we remember this stuff.

There's a place which is almost an institution on the south shore, in Massapequa, called the All American Hamburger stand. Remember that one? It has to have been there for the last 35 years or so.
                                                  We ate at the All American a few nights ago, Double Doubles, real French Fries, Onion Rings, Chocolate Shakes...

I first heard the Beatles while I was wrangling shopping carts for Waldbaums in Wantagh, my first job. There was a music store that had an outdoor speaker and I got to hear a lot of that first album.

Seems we may be of a similar vintage, Hagster :-)

hagster

RE: Long Island , NY Mon, 02/19/07 11:52 AM (permalink)
                                                    Oh yes, those french fries. And, of course, the ketchup they give you in those little paper cups. A real hamburger stand, hallelujah..

It does seem we're about the same vintage, I'm 59 for another few months, then I'm over the hill. And on this L.I. topic anyway, seems like a fair number of people are in the same ballpark agewise/memorywise.

Enlightened

• Total Posts: 2
                                                      RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 02/20/07 8:56 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by William Floyd

I spotted this forum and wondered if anyone would remember two places that I recall from childhood. First was the West End Tavern that sat on the triangle formed by Hempstead Turnpike and Front Street in Hempstead. The other was The Midway that stood on Franklin Avenue just north of where Corona Avenue hits Franklin in Franklin Square. These memories must be at least 45 or more years old. Thanks.

Enlightened

• Total Posts: 2
                                                        • Location: holbrook, NY
                                                        RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 02/20/07 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by William Floyd

I spotted this forum and wondered if anyone would remember two places that I recall from childhood. First was the West End Tavern that sat on the triangle formed by Hempstead Turnpike and Front Street in Hempstead. The other was The Midway that stood on Franklin Avenue just north of where Corona Avenue hits Franklin in Franklin Square. These memories must be at least 45 or more years old. Thanks.

The West End Tavern was right across from a White Castle that had the roller skate girls come out to your car with the food. This was during the mid-60's.

fabulouscustodians

• Location: Brentwood, NY
                                                          RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 04/10/07 12:18 AM (permalink)
                                                          i'm havig a difference of opinion with another friend about the location of "Al Dowd's" restaurant.we might BOTH be correct.however, the one i was at was on the south side of 25A i believe in or on the wasy to Cold Spring Harbor. it was a smallish fast food sized restaurant where the "Beefalo Burgers" & fries were real good.my friend says it is further east on 25A in Centerport @ the corner of 25A & Broadway(i forgot what they call Broadway all the way down @ that end)up on that hill.can somebody clear this up?
                                                          Tony L.

MacTAC

• Joined: 11/19/2004
                                                            • Location: Long Island, NY
                                                            RE: Long Island , NY Tue, 04/10/07 12:32 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by fabulouscustodians

i'm havig a difference of opinion with another friend about the location of "Al Dowd's" restaurant.we might BOTH be correct.however, the one i was at was on the south side of 25A i believe in or on the wasy to Cold Spring Harbor. it was a smallish fast food sized restaurant where the "Beefalo Burgers" & fries were real good.my friend says it is further east on 25A in Centerport @ the corner of 25A & Broadway(i forgot what they call Broadway all the way down @ that end)up on that hill.can somebody clear this up?
                                                            Tony L.
                                                            Although I've heard of Al Dowd's, I'm not familiar with it. I do know the one you remember was known as Dowd's Beefalo when I used to go there, owned by Jack Dowd. The Beefalo burgers were actually 25% bison and 75% beef, I believe. Before that, I think it was called The Wildwood (Rest?) and it was there a long time...

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 13, messages 241 to 270 of 380

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com