The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Long Island bound from Minneapolis

crbmn

• Total Posts: 1
Long Island bound from Minneapolis Sat, 06/7/03 11:04 PM (permalink)
We are moving east from Minneapolis (via Chicago, Toledo, Penn Turnpike, LIE). Any suggestions for where to eat along the way? In Wisconsin? Pennsylvania?

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Long Island bound from Minneapolis Sun, 06/8/03 9:48 AM (permalink)
    Madison Wisconsin- Go to the Brat und Brau. Actually they are in the food court at one of the malls. They have great Brats Cheese Curds and local beer!

Toledo Ohio- Tony Packos is a must for their Hungarian Style Hot Dogs and sides.

PA Turnpike- The Summit Diner right off the Somerset Exit about 70 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Long Island- Any Long Island Style Diner. Violetta's Pizza or Roma's Pizza in my hometown of Merrick. And the phenominal Lido Deli in Long Beach one of the best Jewish Deli's on Long Island.

goldsborscht

• Total Posts: 128
      RE: Long Island bound from Minneapolis Sun, 06/8/03 12:11 PM (permalink)
      Brooklyn is actually on Long Island (the western most tip). A little geography lesson for you. Stop at world famous Junior's on Flatbush and Fulton for real cheesecake, Greenpoint for any number of fabulous authentic Polish food, and Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge for some brick oven pizza like no other. There's so many interesting food experiences in Brooklyn, you might not even bother going to Long Island.

goldsborscht

• Total Posts: 128
        RE: Long Island bound from Minneapolis Sun, 06/8/03 11:42 PM (permalink)
        Yeah, Andy, I actually live in Brooklyn. Never been to the land of Billy Joel. I'm just trying to make crbmn feel good about going there. In any event, Brooklyn's on your way. Make a stop. Every culture is represented with fine culinary delights. On Flatbush Ave. near Park Slope, there's a local Jamaican favorite called Christie's Bakery. Along with the Jamaican bakery standbys like currant roll, coconut turnover, and beef patties, they also have a full kitchen serving meals like oxtails, curry goat, and jerk chicken. Extremely spicy but somehow refreshing on a warm summer day. Brooklyn tour buses stop at this place.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com