Long Island wing news

Author
kozel
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 828
2007/12/30 16:05:37 (permalink)

Long Island wing news

From our son's residency in Indianapolis, the wife and I have come to enjoy BW3's. About a year ago they started to open up in the New York area with a place in New Rochelle. About 2 weeks ago they opened in Centereach. We went for lunch yesterday (Saturday) and had to wait for a table. We'll be back.

8 Replies Related Threads

ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8389
    RE: Long Island wing news 2007/12/30 16:20:59 (permalink)
    I think BW3s wings are super small and over rated.That is my take on them as I grew up on Buffalo wings way before the trend.I know alot of people who swear by them-so enjoy!!My choice not to go...
    Russ Jackson
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2257
    RE: Long Island wing news 2007/12/30 16:26:44 (permalink)
    I agree with ann. Tiny wings so small I wonder if they have a hybrid chickens with wings all over the place. I used to love BW3s but the last two times wings had no meat were overcooked and tiny. I do love there spicy garlic sauce. I think I will buy some and sneak it in to Frickers who have the biggest wings I have ever seen.....Russ http://www.frickers.com/
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3987
    RE: Long Island wing news 2007/12/30 19:03:41 (permalink)
    Hey Kozel the only wings I remember on Long Island were at Floyd Bennett
    Field, Mitchel Field, Grumman and Republic------------are there more
    places now ???????????????

kozel
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Long Island wing news 2007/12/31 09:39:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by the ancient mariner

Hey Kozel the only wings I remember on Long Island were at Floyd Bennett
    Field, Mitchel Field, Grumman and Republic------------are there more
    places now ???????????????

Floyd Bennett is still in use, NYC police helicopters.
    http://www.forgotten-ny.com/YOU'D%20NEVER%20BELIEVE/floydbennett/floyd.html
    Mitchel field, gone.
    Grumman, defense business moved west.
    Republic, still in use.
    No mention of Flushing airport?
    http://www.forgotten-ny.com/STREET%20SCENES/newflushingairport/yonder2.html

Here's an interesting site.
    http://www.airfields-freeman.com/NY/Airfields_NY.htm
    kozel
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Long Island wing news 2007/12/31 10:32:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Russ Jackson

I agree with ann. Tiny wings so small I wonder if they have a hybrid chickens with wings all over the place. I used to love BW3s but the last two times wings had no meat were overcooked and tiny. I do love there spicy garlic sauce. I think I will buy some and sneak it in to Frickers who have the biggest wings I have ever seen.....Russ http://www.frickers.com/

You folks in Ohio are spoiled. You have BW3, Frickers, Quaker Steak and Lube, Rooster's, Wings & Rings (did I miss any?). Sure, I've had better; but this is LI's first or second wing place. I hope it starts a trend.
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Long Island wing news 2007/12/31 13:46:11 (permalink)
    Brother Kozel-----Thank you again for being on the ball, you come up with some great sites, but------I remember an airport that is not listed---when we first moved to Far Rockaway and took the LIRR we went past a private field in Valley Stream. In the 30s it was Curtiss Field and if I am not mistaken was the largest field on LI. It was just a private plane field by the time I first saw it, I guess LaGuardia had replaced it in importance. After the war they built the first Mall that I remember ---Green Acres ---on the spot.

And Green Acres had the first Cookie's Steak House which was great until the senior citizens put them out of business. Got the story right from Mr Cookie himself.
    kozel
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Long Island wing news 2008/01/01 00:43:09 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by the ancient mariner

Brother Kozel-----Thank you again for being on the ball, you come up with some great sites, but------I remember an airport that is not listed---when we first moved to Far Rockaway and took the LIRR we went past a private field in Valley Stream. In the 30s it was Curtiss Field and if I am not mistaken was the largest field on LI. It was just a private plane field by the time I first saw it, I guess LaGuardia had replaced it in importance. After the war they built the first Mall that I remember ---Green Acres ---on the spot.

And Green Acres had the first Cookie's Steak House which was great until the senior citizens put them out of business. Got the story right from Mr Cookie himself.

I'm not that ancient but it may be the "Curtis Airport / Columbia Aircraft Company Airfield, Valley Stream, NY" in the "interesting" site above. Take the "central Long Island" link. Happy New Year to you and your family.
    the ancient mariner
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Long Island wing news 2008/01/01 10:21:03 (permalink)
    That's the place Brother Kozel-------I had not gone that far--when I didn't find it in Queens I figured I must have been mistaken. I really was mistaken once but I can't remember what it was all about. Thanks for the great stuff---planes were so interesting in my "yutt" that every time one flew over all us kids would stop what we were doing and look up.

Have you ever gone to the show at the Airdrome in Rhinebeck. I went there a number of times with my kids and with friends--it is a fun afternoon.

By the way---I was at the ground breaking ceremony for MacArthur field (Islip) ---- it was the big event of the year in Ronkonkoma.

I also hope y'all have a wonderful 2008 and lots more after that !!!!!

Ciao---10/4--over and out---Hasta Lumbago-----and "Here's Lookin' At You Kid".

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1