Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County

Author
LongBeachHotDog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2006/05/19 12:20:19 (permalink)

Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County

There are lots in the Hollywood area, but looking for something in the Orange County, Long Beach area, any leads?

3 Replies Related Threads

Benzee
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1873
    RE: Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County 2006/05/20 09:00:22 (permalink)
    Hey Guy ,

For Orange County try Coney Island Restaurant in Middletown - New York that is .

Cannot help you with OC Cali

Benzee
    Skuterdude
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County 2006/05/21 12:55:04 (permalink)
    In the city of Orange.........there is PCH hot dogs........and in Buena Park their is the newly opened Portillo's........Can't help you with Long beach other than a polish sandwich at Joe Jost's........Can't beat a Joes Special and a pickled egg........
    tonyphoto
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Looking for Good Hot Dog's in Orange County 2009/07/07 14:31:47 (permalink)
    I agree with the other writer about PCH Hot Dogs (Pacific Coast Hotdogs) in Orange.  They are located on Chapman Ave. about six blocks east of the 55 freeway and stand out as the only little shack in the center of a strip mall parking lot.

Since you are in Long Beach, look for their other store in Huntington Beach.  I have never been there so am not sure of the location.

I have eaten hot dogs all my 72 years and tried them all over, including Chicago.  For my money, these are the best.  They use Hoffy #1 dogs with the snap casings and their chile is superb. (Better by far than Pinks, for instance.)  Although their fries are out of a bag, for some reason they are better than average, too.  Try to avoid lunch hour because the line can be a little slow with only one or sometimes two people working.  Friendly people and you can not beat their hot dog. 

I am blessed to live only about two miles from this place!

Enjoy!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1