Looking for Help

Author
ChrispyChips
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/03/28 10:42:28 (permalink)

Looking for Help

Wanting to start up a hot dog cart in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada, if anyone has advice or can help out please give me a shout or something. Thank you much appreciated.

1 Reply Related Threads

brickboo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 330
    Re:Looking for Help 2013/03/28 15:58:51 (permalink)
    Everything you need to know can be found at these two sites:
    http://hotdogprofits.com/
    http://learnhotdogs.com/h.-to-start-a-hot-dog-cart

For what I know now, the first thing I would do is see if anyone is making a living selling hot dogs off of a cart in your town. If there is a successful vendor of hot dogs , hurry and dive in.

On the other hand if no one is doing this successfully, I'd think twice about trying it and find out why no one else is not doing hot dog cart vending. This business has been around since the beginning of time. It's nothing new.

If you see any vendors and they are doing Fish and Chips off of a cart, maybe that is what you should consider. At some locations you be able to afford a Cadillac for you and the wife vending hot dogs, if you are willing to work hard. This is no piece of cake. It takes time and physical labor.

At other locations you won't be able to pay the mortgage. By locations I mean different cities not different corners of a particular neighborhood. Look at all of the like new hot dog carts on the internet. For some reason or other MOST of these people could not make money. Not all of them gave up too easily. 

Maybe like my town everyone is a hiker, mountain bike rider, mountain climbers, joggers skiers and very health conscious. I can't give hot dogs away here in Western Colorado. Not many folks here eat them.

Do your home work or you'll wind up with a rusty cart in the garage. The internet is full of like new hot dog carts for 20% to 40% less than new. Or better yet build your own cart for $1000 or less the experts claim.

I sincerely am not jealous and I wish you the very best of good fortune. I don't care if no one else ever has to do back over flips to sell a hot dog.
    Boo Hargis
    Read the "Colorado Vendor" post that another poster did that explains this type of a situation much better than I do.   
    post edited by brickboo - 2013/03/28 16:03:10
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1