Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira ad

Author
Jasper1
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
2013/08/12 14:21:55 (permalink)

Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira ad

I'm having a truck built and I cannot find a place that can get the windows done.
I saw a Humira commercial and thr food truck looked exactly what I'm trying to make my truck look like.
It has a long window with 4 pieces and the inner ones slide to the outside. When opened or closed the entire window opening looks like one huge window because there are no vertical supports.
But the only think I can find is a concession type window.

If anyone knows the look I want and knows where I can get windows like this that have an awning also please let me know.
I'm getting down to the wire and will be buying the truck in the next week or two and will immediately start on the conversion to a food truck.

post edited by Jasper1 - 2013/08/12 14:31:01

6 Replies Related Threads

fishscale28
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 246
    Re:Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira 2013/08/12 15:25:39 (permalink)
    It's just a framed opening with the awning built onto the truck.  Cut the hole, reinforce/frame it then have the awnings made to fit the opening.  Similar to the west coast style trucks (Armenco is a common brand).
    Jasper1
    Hamburger
    Re:Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira 2013/08/12 17:08:59 (permalink)
    Thanks,
    Checking out their website.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1995
    Re:Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira 2013/08/12 22:22:55 (permalink)
    That's all custom work by a catering truck builder. You are not going to find that window set up off the shelf.
    Who is building your truck? If they are a pro builder, they should have the know-how to do these type of things.
    Look on these sites for ideas.
    Wyss Catering
    Armenco
    LA Lunch Trucks
    I have worked on trucks made by these three builders, They are very professional and can build anything.
     Most trucks are built from scratch in the shop, they build fridges, steam tables, cabinets, sinks, etc, all custom work to suite each build. If you have the money, they can build it.

Jasper1
    Hamburger
    Re:Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira 2013/08/13 00:09:44 (permalink)
    Thanks,
    I found out that Armenco is the one who built that truck in the commercial. They just used a glass shop for the windows and frame and I think the window awning cover came from All-Brite.
    I'll have a builder have the glass shop build the frame and windows and hopefully a All-Rite awning will fit the frame.
    All-Rite cannot build a frameless window so I have to use a glass shop.
    Thanks for all the help.
    daddywoofdawg
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re:Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira 2013/08/14 13:10:14 (permalink)
    just slotted track on all sides.
    Jasper1
    Hamburger
    Re:Looking for frameless windows and CANNOT find anything. I want it just like the Humira 2013/08/14 23:23:28 (permalink)
    Thanks,
    I think I found a glass shop that can do it. I just hope when I buy the awnings they will fit.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1