Los Angeles: Where to Find the Best Non-Chain Fish Tacos

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10284
2012/08/13 13:27:16 (permalink)

Los Angeles: Where to Find the Best Non-Chain Fish Tacos

Here's Serious Eats list. Is your favorite on there or did they miss your "Best Of" place???
http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/08/best-fish-tacos-in-los-angeles-california-rickys-taco-baja-ensenada-via-mar-seafood.html?ref=title

3 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7959
    Re:Los Angeles: Where to Find the Best Non-Chain Fish Tacos 2012/08/13 15:38:45 (permalink)
    Interesting.  Just from the pictures, Las Brisas would have been my to go to place.  Of course this is the one and only place that the author places on the Not Recommended list of one.  He does not state why it's on this list.

None on the list are geographically close to me and not areas that I frequent.  I don't really see them (not knowing, myself) as destination restaurants.

My favorite fish tacos (I haven't had many) are from an Armenian owned Mexican restaurant in Sherman Oaks called Las Fuentes.

On the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, I go to The Reel Inn.  You order your chosen fish and make your own.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10284
    Re:Los Angeles: Where to Find the Best Non-Chain Fish Tacos 2012/08/13 15:43:26 (permalink)
    mar52
    Interesting.  Just from the pictures, Las Brisas would have been my to go to place.  Of course this is the one and only place that the author places on the Not Recommended list of one.  He does not state why it's on this list.

Yeah, I don't get why they included that place. It's supposed to be a best of list and yet they slam the place???
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Los Angeles: Where to Find the Best Non-Chain Fish Tacos 2012/08/13 16:50:50 (permalink)
    If you click on it, he explains:

"Despite a healthy local following, Las Brisas in Boyle Heights simply can't stand up to the competition. Dipped in a crunchy breading instead of a more traditional batter, the fish taco arrives as one long, flat piece of tilapia. With so much real estate to chew on, the seasonings need to be more pronounced but, sadly, not even the pale orange crema and limp greens can offer much solace."
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1