Luigi's Holly Hill, FL revisited

Author
sk bob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1801
2010/03/28 18:23:49 (permalink)

Luigi's Holly Hill, FL revisited

3rd turn Peg and I went to Luigi's Pizza in Holly Hill, FL for a whole pizza.  BaahBen and myself were there before at lunch for just slices.  He said the whole pizza was better than just the slices.  But, they are the same. 

We got a large 16" extra cheese.  They also have an extra large 18". 

I always get just cheese to taste the pizza itself without toppings.  I believe that it's the best way to judge the pizza, because toppings can add extra flavors, which will take away from the taste of the basic pie.

Luigi's is located in a small strip mall on  US1 with the usual Italian food on the menu at decent prices.  The lunch special is 2 slices this size and a can of soda for $3.75.

The 16" large extra cheese

Thin crust, a mild not overpowering sauce, cheese all the way to the crust and over.

The cooks in the kitchen.  You can see them working from the dining room.

In our opinion it's the BEST Italian Pizza from New Smyrna to Flagler Beach.  If you're down here, you definitely should try it.  Other people around us were having dinners and they all looked good and plentiful.

The price for the pizza was $9.50 plus $1.95 for extra cheese.  Well worth the  cheap price!  $2.00 for a bottle of Bud.  The Staff was very friendly.  We will be bacK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4565
    Re:Luigi's Holly Hill, FL revisited 2010/03/28 21:03:07 (permalink)
    sk bob, Thank for the  report.  looks like a good New York style pie.  

Say hello to Baah Ben and John A, to of the best contributors to this site.  I miss them both.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18882
    Re:Luigi's Holly Hill, FL revisited 2010/03/28 21:27:05 (permalink)
    That looks pretty darned good.
    hannahbannah
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 31
    Re:Luigi's Holly Hill, FL revisited 2010/03/28 21:39:24 (permalink)
    Ok, this is my first post.  I have been reading all your posts for a long time and was waiting for a good place to jump in. Soooo, I live in Ocala, the food capital of the world, nottttttt, and go to Daytona area once in a while.  Last time I was there I went to Petes on Nova.  It was the third time I was there.  I love their pizza, BUT, last time I went I realized the place  had not been cleaned since 1966!!!!  One look at the ceiling fans,  and I wanted a Swiffer.  So whoever said the food was good was right, but give me a broom.  I am so glad I have another place to try in Daytona. The pix are making me drool!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1