Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
2009/02/26 08:30:57 (permalink)

Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots

Man vs. food on the Travel Channel featured shows on the Seattle and Portland, Oregon area which featured some interesting spots.
      Portland's show featured the Stepping Stone Cafe in Northwest Portland. The place features its own eating challenge of eating 3 plate sized pancakes. The place is a lot of fun with loud rock, fun signs and good food. I could not finish the pancakes but Sam and hid friend Dominique had excellent omelettes. The remnants of my pancake order provided breakfast for the next three days.
    The second place visited was the new location of Voodoo Donuts at 1501 N.E. Davis in Portland. The segment featured a wedding and the host's attempts to make the various types of goodies made at Voodoo.
       Curiously , I  am one of the people who passed the food challenge at Salvador Mollie's, eating five habanero fritters and a dish of habanero sauce in 5 minutes. The fritters are hot. I like the restaurant which has a pirate and carribbean theme for its food and is a great place to just hang out and enjoy.
    The Seattle show featured the Red mill, a roadfood reviewed place with great burgers and onion rings. The challenge was eating a 12 egg omelette at Beth's, another roadfood reviewed place. I also was able to eat one of these omelettes  so I understand what the poor man had to go through.

5 Replies Related Threads

billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2442
    Re:Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots 2009/02/26 14:58:13 (permalink)
    Mr. Chips, I really liked both of those episodes.  The Stepping Stone had a HUGE omelet that looked amazing.  Stuffed with chicken fried steak and hashbrowns and covered in gravy!  You took on some mammoth challenges, good sir.  Bravo!
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    Re:Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots 2009/02/26 15:26:10 (permalink)
    mr chips

Curiously , I  am one of the people who passed the food challenge at Salvador Mollie's, eating five habanero fritters and a dish of habanero sauce in 5 minutes.

Let the record show that I'm impressed. I couldn't do it. I'm much too delicate.
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    Re:Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots 2009/02/27 03:54:33 (permalink)
    I have a friend who lives in Seattle for many years.  Said the Red Mill is great. 

I like the show..He grows on you....I like it when he is eating really hot food.  He's tough and determined.
    post edited by Baah Ben - 2009/02/27 03:56:39
    marzsit
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 368
    Re:Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots 2009/02/27 05:48:15 (permalink)
    when i visit beth's, i take 3 friends with me and we all split a single omelet.. and we all end up absolutely stuffed....
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    Re:Man Vs Food-Seattle-Portland featured spots 2009/02/27 09:51:51 (permalink)
    When i get back to Beth's,  Sam and i will likely split a 6 egg omelette. 12 eggs is a little too much for one person.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1