Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 36
drpep

• Total Posts: 335
Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Thu, 10/16/08 9:40 PM (permalink)

mikeam

• Total Posts: 192
    RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Thu, 10/16/08 10:09 PM (permalink)
    WOW. Amazing

HDtravlr1

RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Thu, 10/16/08 10:16 PM (permalink)
      That is a huge burger!

Roy

• Total Posts: 131
        RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Thu, 10/16/08 10:31 PM (permalink)
        What an utterly stupid thing to do to one's body. For $400.? I wouldn't try it for 100 times that.
        The man is a jerk!

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
          RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 8:55 AM (permalink)
          Yuck! I bet he was on the throne for quite some time afterwards. Might as well have eaten a bowling ball!

Andrea

WarToad

• Total Posts: 1787
            RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:01 AM (permalink)
            So... 20 lbs with bun and toppings, he's 180 lbs himself. He ate roughly 1/9th his bodyweight in one sitting.

Dang. Double dang.

Run2Eat

• Total Posts: 91
              RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:04 AM (permalink)
              Sometimes people just get caught up in the moment.. My wife and I went to a “National Corndog Day “ party during March Madness and I ended up getting the coveted Triple Double… Ate 10 corndogs, 10 servings of tater tots “10 per serving for a total of 100 pieces” and 10 beers…. I was miserable “and actually not a bit tipsy but I have a nice certificate on my desk and some terrible pictures.

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
                RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:11 AM (permalink)
                Wow, simply wow.

Whoever said this guy is a jerk needs to seriously lighten up.

Foodosaurus

RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:21 AM (permalink)
                  The part that I am most disturbed about is the cup each of Mayo, Mustard, and Ketchup. Just picturing those alone is enought to send me to bow before the great porcelain g-d.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4722
                    RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:26 AM (permalink)
                    Check out the shirt he's wearing...looks like he's taken on this kind of challenge (although probably not on this scale) before.

Brad

seatown76

• Total Posts: 379
                      RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:47 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Roy

What an utterly stupid thing to do to one's body. For $400.? I wouldn't try it for 100 times that.
                      The man is a jerk!

Wow that's a bit harsh since you don't even know the guy!

firecommander3565

• Total Posts: 505
                        RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 9:56 AM (permalink)
                        Why? For 3 tshirts and $400? I bet he just took 5 years off his life expectancy. What a doofis!

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
                          RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 10:40 AM (permalink)
                          I don't think the burger even looks like it'd be worth the first bite.

exsquidao

• Total Posts: 409
                            RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 10:49 AM (permalink)
                            Not trying to be an instigater here, but have you ever read any of the travel reports on here, and I love them all BTW, but I have sat and read these thing and couldn't believe the amount of food some people eat while doing? them, but I don't post that they are jerks or have no respect for thier bodies, if the guy wanted to do it that's his problem not anyone else's.

susanll

• Total Posts: 1077
                              RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Fri, 10/17/08 10:51 AM (permalink)
                              Interesting way to use up your 15 minutes of fame.

mncorn

• Total Posts: 151
                                RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Sat, 10/18/08 2:34 AM (permalink)
                                I would puke after three pounds. I saw the pictures on the local TV news.

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                                  RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Sun, 10/19/08 5:03 PM (permalink)
                                  Why did you eat that giant burger? Because it was there

mncorn

• Total Posts: 151
                                    RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 2:16 AM (permalink)
                                    Good Job. I would puke after the first pound. Good job.

Wintem01

• Total Posts: 205
                                      RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 1:08 PM (permalink)
                                      Then it's a good thing you didn't try. I'm with exsquidao on this. Some of these trip reports I read amaze me with the amount of food consumed. But I figure, that's the way they like to relax. Plus I look at it as it's not something done every day, and even if it was, who am I to judge? LOVE the trip reports and wish I could be there for ninety-seven percent of them.

And sorry Roy, but for $40,000, I'd give it a shot.

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
                                        RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 1:38 PM (permalink)
                                        Amazing and nauseating !

Mrs.Crunch

• Total Posts: 199
                                          RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 2:03 PM (permalink)
                                          Burger abuse!!

Slim Strummer

• Total Posts: 233
                                            RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 2:14 PM (permalink)
                                            To each his own. I wouldn't do it, but I am proud of him.

fabulousoyster

• Total Posts: 1855
                                              RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 2:24 PM (permalink)
                                              My gallbladder would not like that.

southpaw

• Total Posts: 105
                                                RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 2:38 PM (permalink)
                                                What?, No Fries with that?...

catherines

• Total Posts: 40
                                                  RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Mon, 10/20/08 3:14 PM (permalink)
                                                  According to the local newspaper (Herald Standard Uniontown PA) he also eats chicken wings whole - bones and all - in competition.

cameron074

• Total Posts: 135
                                                    RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Tue, 10/21/08 9:07 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by catherines

According to the local newspaper (Herald Standard Uniontown PA) he also eats chicken wings whole - bones and all - in competition.

That can't be good for you...can it?

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4896
                                                      RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Tue, 10/21/08 9:42 PM (permalink)
                                                      I guess he doesn't believe in, doggy bags.

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
                                                        • Location: Union County, NJ
                                                        RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Wed, 10/22/08 8:55 AM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by Twinwillow

I guess he doesn't believe in, doggy bags.

Usually for eating challenges, doggy bags are frowned upon, kinda takes away from the "eat the whole thing in one sitting" deal.

Foodosaurus

RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Wed, 10/22/08 8:59 AM (permalink)
                                                          GNeedles59 - HA! I literal just laughed out loud. Simple yet hilarious.

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2931
                                                            • Location: Mountain Top, PA
                                                            RE: Man finishes the 15lb burger at Dennys Beer Barrel Wed, 10/22/08 9:53 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Not trying to be an instigater here, but have you ever read any of the travel reports on here, and I love them all BTW, but I have sat and read these thing and couldn't believe the amount of food some people eat while doing? them, but I don't post that they are jerks or have no respect for thier bodies, if the guy wanted to do it that's his problem not anyone else's.

quote:
                                                            Then it's a good thing you didn't try. I'm with exsquidao on this. Some of these trip reports I read amaze me with the amount of food consumed. But I figure, that's the way they like to relax. Plus I look at it as it's not something done every day, and even if it was, who am I to judge? LOVE the trip reports and wish I could be there for ninety-seven percent of them.

For many trip reports, not everything gets consumed to the last bite. Oftentimes a bite or two is taken, and it's off to the next place. The reason is that the restaurants are not meals as part of a trip; rather, the point of the trip is to sample the food. The reports are the sharing part. For me personally, my reports are of meals that are part of a trip, so I usually eat my meal, but also take a bite or two of each meal ordered (we are all family, and I share some of mine as well), thereby getting one restaurant, one meal, but 3 entrees and maybe a taste of a couple or three appetizers and desserts in.

When I went to Denny's Beer Barrel, I ordered the half pound burger. It was OK, but not all that. I wouldn't put it in my top 10 burgers; I would put it squarely in the middle of burgers. But the place is a welcome stop on an otherwise worthless stretch of interstate. If you're traveling across PA/OH/IN, this is where you want to try to stop for lunch or dinner, if you can.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 36

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com