The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Manage Message

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
Manage Message Wed, 01/28/09 9:10 AM (permalink)

Sometimes it's on the drop down screen for Message Options thus allowing you to delete a post, sometimes it's not?

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
    Re:Manage Message Wed, 01/28/09 2:20 PM (permalink)
    I think Manage Message should be on all posts which you originally posted, but not on other people's posts. (At least that is the way I have found it to occur.)  In other words, you can delete your own posts, but nobody else's.

MiamiDon

Re:Manage Message Wed, 01/28/09 3:52 PM (permalink)
      6star

I think Manage Message should be on all posts which you originally posted, but not on other people's posts. (At least that is the way I have found it to occur.)  In other words, you can delete your own posts, but nobody else's.

That's the way it is.

MiamiDon

Re:Manage Message Wed, 01/28/09 3:53 PM (permalink)
        John A

Sometimes it's on the drop down screen for Message Options thus allowing you to delete a post, sometimes it's not?

John, I believe that the original poster cannot delete the original post once someone had replied.  Is that to what you refer?

John A

Re:Manage Message Wed, 01/28/09 5:16 PM (permalink)
          MiamiDon

John A

John, I believe that the original poster cannot delete the original post once someone had replied.  Is that to what you refer?

No. There are times, quite often, when I cannot delete my own posts immediately after posting. Before anyone has responded.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6086
            Re:Manage Message Wed, 01/28/09 5:19 PM (permalink)
            Had the same problem...didn't see a delete message!!

6star

Re:Manage Message Thu, 01/29/09 12:15 AM (permalink)
              When you click on "Message Options", one of the options is "Manage message".  If you click on "Manage message",  you get a box that says "Delete this message", "Reason" (with a blank space to write the reason) and the picture of a garbage can (to click on) with the words "Send this message to  recycle bin".  If you follow these steps, you can delete any of your own messages, no matter how new or old they are, as long as they are not the first post in a thread.  A first post can only be edited.

I can say this from experience, since I delete my older Food Recall posts after they have been up for a while, and I have also deleted one of two posts right away when I saw I had accidently double-posted it by clicking on it twice.
              <message edited by 6star on Thu, 01/29/09 12:24 AM>

John A

Re:Manage Message Thu, 01/29/09 6:09 AM (permalink)
                6star

When you click on "Message Options", one of the options is "Manage message".  If you click on "Manage message",  you get a box that says "Delete this message", "Reason" (with a blank space to write the reason) and the picture of a garbage can (to click on) with the words "Send this message to  recycle bin".  If you follow these steps, you can delete any of your own messages, no matter how new or old they are, as long as they are not the first post in a thread.  A first post can only be edited.

After someone has responded to it with a subsequent post. I have deleted first posts many times to make corrections, to me it's easier than editing with the new system.

I can say this from experience, since I delete my older Food Recall posts after they have been up for a while, and I have also deleted one of two posts right away when I saw I had accidently double-posted it by clicking on it twice.

"Sometimes it's on the drop down screen for Message Options thus allowing you to delete a post, sometimes it's not? "

"No. There are times, quite often, when I cannot delete my own posts immediately after posting. Before anyone has responded. "

I can say this from experience. The "MANAGE MESSAGE" line does not always appear on the drop down screen under the "MESSAGE OPTIONS" box.

6star

Re:Manage Message Thu, 01/29/09 12:29 PM (permalink)
                  The only other conclusion I can come to is that we are using different systems, since there have been some other people who complained about problems with the new setup and were told to change to a different system to solve them.  Mine is Vista with IE.

John A

Re:Manage Message Thu, 01/29/09 5:14 PM (permalink)
                    6star

The only other conclusion I can come to is that we are using different systems, since there have been some other people who complained about problems with the new setup and were told to change to a different system to solve them.  Mine is Vista with IE.

I'm with you on the different systems

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

Re:Manage Message Thu, 01/29/09 11:08 PM (permalink)
                      At the bottom of every page you can see your permissions at the " Icon Legend and Permission" section.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com