Marble Slab Creamery

Author
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3308
2005/08/19 00:19:08 (permalink)

Marble Slab Creamery

We just returned from a week in Colorado. While in Vail, we stopped at a Marble Slab Creamery. Pricey and fabulous! A huge variety of home made ice cream flavors with the taste and texture of a good gelato. We also stopped at the MSC stores in Glenwood Springs and Aurora to get our ice cream fix. The other two stores were more reasonably priced. Unfortunately, there are no MSC stores in Wisconsin, but cross the border into Illinois and there are 2 stores in Lake County (Gurnee & Libertyville) and 2 in Cook County (Skokie & Evanston). www.marbleslab.com

5 Replies Related Threads

tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2011
    RE: Marble Slab Creamery 2005/08/19 10:40:40 (permalink)
    Looks like a good franchise. That brings up an interesting question for CSD. You have done well as an independent businessman, so you know the ropes. If you were to go into the ice cream biz, do you think that the franchise fees to a place like Marble Slab or Cold Stone are worth the money? With everything else being equil (location, product, decor), would you make more money as "Chicago Style Ice Cream", or as a franchisee?
    Rapunzll
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: Marble Slab Creamery 2005/08/19 10:57:21 (permalink)
    I love Marble Slab! I don't know where their HQ is, but we used to stop at the one in Beaumont, TX in the mid-80's. I love their sweet cream ice cream. Sadly, they don't have a store here, but I did stop at one in Lexington, KY when I was on a trip a couple of weeks ago. It was as good as ever!
    NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3053
    RE: Marble Slab Creamery 2005/08/19 14:09:37 (permalink)
    How does Marble Slab compare to Cold Stone in terms of product (taste, flavors, etc.)?
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Marble Slab Creamery 2005/08/19 15:28:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tmiles

Looks like a good franchise. That brings up an interesting question for CSD. You have done well as an independent businessman, so you know the ropes. If you were to go into the ice cream biz, do you think that the franchise fees to a place like Marble Slab or Cold Stone are worth the money? With everything else being equil (location, product, decor), would you make more money as "Chicago Style Ice Cream", or as a franchisee?

I also sell ice cream. Drop me an e-mail if you're interested in becoming an independent ice cream vendor.

CSD
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Marble Slab Creamery 2005/08/19 15:31:30 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by NYNM

How does Marble Slab compare to Cold Stone in terms of product (taste, flavors, etc.)?

There is no comparison. Taste, flavors, etc, Marble Slab is light years ahead of Cold Stone. It is without a doubt, one of the finest ice cream products I've ever experienced.

CSD
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1