Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2647
2011/03/08 22:24:06 (permalink)

Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011

The Cajun Berkshire Pork Chop was out of this world.

6 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6283
    Re:Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011 2011/03/09 00:28:12 (permalink)
    Wow....out of this galaxy!!
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4253
    Re:Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011 2011/03/09 02:04:33 (permalink)
    That's amazing dude--I didn't even see you there.  The Pie Diva musta had you hidden under the table.

It was a good meal though.  Huge portions of excellent Cajun and Creole dishes.  We started with a plate of Oysters Rockefeller; a half dozen huge oysters simmered with spinach in a rich white sauce that was later soaked up with a beautiful loaf of warm bread.  Other apps that went around the table included Crawfish Hushpuppies, a mound of shelled crawfish tails, and a couple dozen raw oysters.

For entrees, Mrs. Roadhouse and I shared a plate of Jambalaya and an order of seafood etoufee.

After dinner about half the group made their way over to Kopp's for frozen custard--but before we went in, The Pie Diva whipped out a home made King Cake that we sliced up on the trunk of my car in the freezing night air (come to think of it, I didn't see you at Kopp's either).  Quijote also brought date appropriate pastries--paczkis (pronounced "POONCH-keys"), a Polish jelly doughnut-like delicacy.

On MilwFoodlovers recommendation we split a tiramisu sundae which capped off the evening.  Half gallons of the flavors of the day-Strawberry de Leche and Fat Freddy-made it home to Chicago without melting.

So, was there a lot of Mardi Gras action in Arizona?

Buddy
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10284
    Re:Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011 2011/03/09 02:51:40 (permalink)
    Buddy,
    There are only 9 Cajun/Creole places listed on Urbanspoon in the Valley of the Sun. I've been to 3 of them and Baby Kay's was the best of the 3. The owner is a true Cajun from LA. Pier de Orleans was very good also. Those folks are from LA too. Cajun Seafood Corner came up a little short but I think they just changed owners so could get better. 
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/22/37284/Phoenix/Cajun-Creole-Restaurants

It's hard for me to keep track of JRPfeff too. Sometimes he's out here and sometimes he's up there. Just Rackin' up those Frequent Flyer Miles! We're getting into the best time of the year out here. Temps in the low 80's with low humidity and ALL the Golf Courses are open!
    Youze guys need to plan one of your outings out here pretty soon!
    Trade in your Brats for some Enchilada's! and Old Milwaukee's for some Tequila Shooters
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/03/09 03:13:09
    X1
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 942
    Re:Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011 2011/03/09 17:26:54 (permalink)
    Thanks, everyone, for coming to yet another one of my Mardi Gras shindigs. It wasn't the same setup as other years, but we passed a good time, cher.
    Jim, you were there in spirit! 

As for apps - there were also Crabcakes passed around.

My dinner consisted of whole boiled Crawfish and an appetizer order of "Catfish Fingers"...which was just fried filet chunks of Catfish....but they were mighty tasty, indeed. My friend Amy's pecan-crusted veal with Chambord sauce was outstanding, as well. 
    Pics are on my Facebook page (or will be, shortly).

X1
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 942
    Re:Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011 2011/03/09 17:29:54 (permalink)
    Errr...mebbe pics will be uploaded later..seem to be having trouble uploading them to Facebook.
    quijote
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 648
    Re:Mardi Gras at Crawdaddy's - 2011 2011/03/09 23:53:28 (permalink)
    It was a nice time indeed: it's always nice to see Roadfooders and their enablers. My cup of gumbo was tasty, but really liked the mirliton stuffed with shrimps, crawfish, and sausage.The King Cake was so good that I didn't even bother with custard. I'll have to make up for it tomorrow, though--one of the flavors is Pretzel and Beer.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1