Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult?

Author
jlacer
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/12/05 04:52:02 (permalink)

Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult?

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeremy Lacer and I would like to ask some questions to you restaurant owners. I'm a marketing consultant that has a passion for food and restaurant.
I notice that a lot of restaurant owners could really improve their marketing, but that they just don't have the knowledge how to do it.

I'm planning on creating a website for restaurant owners that contain a lot of information, tips&tricks and tutorials about how to market a restaurant.
Do you think that restaurant owners are interested in this, or are they too busy to do their own marketing?

Also, about what kind of marketing would you restaurant owners get more information?

Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm really interested in your anwers :).

-Jeremy
post edited by jlacer - 2013/12/05 04:58:40

6 Replies Related Threads

Midnights
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 225
    Re:Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult? 2013/12/05 14:06:26 (permalink)
    If it's one of those sites that is just a bunch of info that I could get myself with a simple Google search, I probably wouldn't be that interested. If I had to pay for the information, my desire to go to such a website would sink to zero.

The best site would likely be one that publishes statistics for different types of advertizing, broken down by specific municipalities and the different types of restaurants within each municipality. It would also have a demographics breakdown for ad reach. I don't know how exactly you could get such info. Working with POS companies and local ad agencies might be a start. While they would not likely give specific, private info, they might sell you info without actual identifying info. They would likely not give you such information free of charge. So, you'd have to determine a good price point that restaurants would be willing to pay, that takes into account not just the normal costs of hosting the website, but also the costs associated with obtaining the info.
    bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1299
    Re:Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult? 2013/12/05 16:12:29 (permalink)
    First question: How would your site be better than this one?

Bart
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10218
    Re:Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult? 2013/12/05 22:00:45 (permalink)
    Marketing in Europe would be much different than in the Colonies!
    I'm sure European customers have different criteria than Americans.
    They even drive on the wrong side of the road!
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3966
    Re:Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult? 2013/12/06 03:06:23 (permalink)
    Foodbme

Not only that, but how much luggage can you fit into a "boot". I can barely get my feet into my boots!
    FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1650
    Re:Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult? 2013/12/06 10:48:41 (permalink)
    Foodbme

You are right about the first part.....but regarding the second , you haven't spent much time in "Europe", just those little islands off shore. The rest of Europe drives on the right....now including Sweden who switched over in the 70's I believe and accurately actuarrily predicted 7 people would die the first day.

And somehow, I can't see getting a Brit, a Frenchman, a German, and an Italian together for a symposium on "what constitutes good food"......never mind Spain, Greece and a host of smaller countries
    maintainfloyd
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 40
    Re:Marketing a restaurant, easy or difficult? 2013/12/06 11:25:40 (permalink)
    I do my own marketing but lets see what you got for us. 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1