Matlock Hot Dog?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 13:22:10 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Kristi S.

i95 is rousing our rabble! He's an instigator! Creating panic in the masses. We'll never figure out the six degrees!!!

What was this topic originally about, anyway?

Kristi's right, of course, however I do believe that both Jill St. John and Anthony Geary both once had their hair styled by Christophe (St. John's late 70's shag and Mr. Geary Weird Al-like perm).

(Could I have penned anything more gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 13:23:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Star

quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

quote:
Originally posted by i95

quote:

Personally, I prefer Otis's take on things. Say, what did he drink anyway?

Really Fine Dolcetto, of course.

EldeMayberry wine -- I'm not the son of a Brewster!

But your mother was a hamster.

WildWalker - your menu sounds good, but I would like to suggest that in addition to the sport peppers, you add some sliced pickled jalapenos and perhaps some chow-chow to your condiments.

Just guess what I wave in your general direction
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18255
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 13:46:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

there was a topic?

Michael - Luke and Laura were/are charactors on the soap "General Hospital". Lots of things have happened to them over the years. Lots.
Thank you. I really had not the foggiest notion what this was about. (He said, feeling like a )
Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 14:20:05 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by i95

quote:

WildWalker - your menu sounds good, but I would like to suggest that in addition to the sport peppers, you add some sliced pickled jalapenos and perhaps some chow-chow to your condiments.

A herring??
Lone Star
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 14:32:19 (permalink)
Oh I remember now Grampy . What's that smell????
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 844
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 15:06:19 (permalink)
Hmmmmmmmmmm, so what are we discussing ??? Something to do with Norwegian pickled fish perhaps ???

Say ... while we are on the subject. What whine goes best with lutefish ???

Perhaps ..... "But I don't want any more of that" ??? No ??
Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 15:15:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by scbuzz

Hmmmmmmmmmm, so what are we discussing ??? Something to do with Norwegian pickled fish perhaps ???

Whine from sour grapes?
Lone Star
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 15:16:25 (permalink)
quote:

Ask Grampy - he may say "Ni!"
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 22:24:07 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by i95

quote:

A herring??

Only recently, when watching a subtitled clip, did I finally understand the insult "...you filthy kunniggets!!!" was actually their mispronounciation of "knights". Duh.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/20 22:27:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

Now, be the first to connect the "Six-Degrees-of-Kevin Bacon" via the following names mentioned on this thread and win an invitation to EliseT's New Orleans wedding:

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Rick Springfield.

It's only fair you explain the connections. Buddy Epsen?

And I didn't realize invitations were to be given out on a merit system...I need to rework my list..."Auntie Jeanette? Cousin Pierre? Can you find the connection between Opie and Madonna?"
WildWalker
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 47
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 05:27:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Brahma Bob

Westerners eat more poultry dogs than anyone else in the nation. Southerners are a close 2nd. In the Mid West they eat more pork and beef dogs.

The "Lucky Cafe" I operate is in the Marin Jewish Community Center, hence I server Kosher Nebrew National all Beef Jumbo Frank and Beef Polish Sausage.

In the East they eat more all beef dogs. In Chicago yellow mustard, dark green (neon) relish (or pickle spears), chopped raw onions, tomato slices, and celery salt on a poppy seed bun is the way to dress a dog.

I have begun looking for Jumbo poppy seed buns...have not found them yet. Would a pickle spear replace the need for the neon green relish?
I used up most of my relish tonight, and would rather just provide the kosher dill pickle spear.

In New York: steamed onions and pale yellow mustard sauce.
I'm not Jewish, and am curious if there is difference in the way the dogs would be dressed in Jewish NY vs Jewish San Francisco...or it's northern neighbor, Marin?

In the South: slaw dogs that they term "dragged through the garden" are topped with coleslaw.

Kansas City: sauerkraut and melted Swiss on a sesame bun.
I think any cheese would violate the kosher rule against combining the fruit of the animal's labor, and the animals' flesh.

As far as cooking, there's deep frying. A lot of people (who really know what a good dog should taste like) prefer their dogs boiled first then grilled. There's a reason why most hot dog stands boil their dogs: they're fast, they're good, and there's few left overs.

I find the Hebrew Nationals, either the Jumbo Frank , or the Polish Sausage, have no fillers, grain. It's the fillers, the grains,
that expand to plump up some franks. I tried boiling these, and nothing happened. They didn't plump up. I find grilling on low heat, 250 F, cooking slowly, the franks get nice color, but don't burn.
They continue to swell up while being grilled, and they stay looking great for a couple hours. These are sturdy franks.

I think that the problem is this: once the dogs are grilled you cannot store them hot without significant (and unappealling) shrinkage.

I brought home some loftovers tonight. I will investigate in the coming days. I think I will devour these first few remnants.

Don

Nobody wants a hot dog that looks and tastes like a shriveled pencil eraser. I think (but I don't know for sure) that both the deep fry and grilled cooking methods are made to order.
WildWalker
Junior Burger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 05:30:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

Why would you want to eat a hot dog, or go to this much trouble to find out info about a hot dog, that was mentioned in a TV show?

I've never seen anyone eat hot dogs with whole peppers inserted in them.
I like spicy food, and thought I might enjoy it.

I enjoy exploring food. I used to often find items on the menu of restourants I had not had...and would order it for the new learning experience.

Since I cook and serve hot dogs at Lucky Cafe, I am curios to explore variety in hot dogs.
WildWalker
Junior Burger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 05:33:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

Actually Andy Griffith IS a hot dog fan and HE writes alot of his stuff himself---or gives it direction anyway---and why wouldent an actor OR writer be just as likely to know all about hot dogs as anyone else! After all he is why i even know of the existance of the Snappy Cafe ande was a regular denizon there!

Sounds like there is a story behind your discovering the existance of the Snappy Cafe. I'm curious if you would like to share.

WildWalker
WildWalker
Junior Burger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 05:38:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tiki

Actually Andy Griffith IS a hot dog fan and HE writes alot of his stuff himself---or gives it direction anyway---and why wouldent an actor OR writer be just as likely to know all about hot dogs as anyone else! After all he is why i even know of the existance of the Snappy Cafe ande was a regular denizon there!

I think it's interesting the the Brennen episode in particular, presents the scene of these hot dog fanatics which seems to be an exact caricature of some of the most knowledgeable, helpful characters in these forums. I mean, not many people order hot dogs specifically from a given vendor in a far away town. That was depicted, and that seems to happen here. :-)

Wild(ing in the Wilderness) Walker
WildWalker
Junior Burger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 05:42:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by JimInKy

Well, I'm more than impressed Mr. WildWalker. Such planning and conscientousness is rare. Best wishes to ya!

Blushing. :-)

It being an older crowd, they don't really want HOT SPICY food.
I even got some sarrano peppers to substitute for Sport peppers to make a Chicago 7 ingrediant hot dog. I will have to make myself one tomorrow, and use small slivers of Jalapeno.
The Jalapeno is not as hot as a sarrano. I don't believe I'm up to that.

I made some Salza that I didn't have a use for. :-) I think it's a little too hot for my liking.

I made up some Jalapeno Sauce. Actually I juiced em, so it's Jalapeno juice concoction. My name for it is "Green Dragon Fire".

Well, it was a fun project for me. Now that they are prepared, I will have to see how hot I can take it.

I had a 25% increase in business due to the improved menu. I am pleased with that.

Wild Walker

WildWalker
Junior Burger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 05:44:45 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by JimInKy

Well, I'm more than impressed Mr. WildWalker. Such planning and conscientousness is rare. Best wishes to ya!

Blushing. :-)

It being an older crowd, they don't really want HOT SPICY food.
I even got some sarrano peppers to substitute for Sport peppers to make a Chicago 7 ingrediant hot dog. I will have to make myself one tomorrow, and use small slivers of Jalapeno.
The Jalapeno is not as hot as a sarrano. I don't believe I'm up to that.

I made some Salza that I didn't have a use for. :-) I think it's a little too hot for my liking.

I made up some Jalapeno Sauce. Actually I juiced em, so it's Jalapeno juice concoction. My name for it is "Green Dragon Fire".

Well, it was a fun project for me. Now that they are prepared, I will have to see how hot I can take it.

I had a 25% increase in business due to the improved menu. I am pleased with that.

WildWalker
i95
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 07:49:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by EliseT

quote:
Originally posted by i95

Now, be the first to connect the "Six-Degrees-of-Kevin Bacon" via the following names mentioned on this thread and win an invitation to EliseT's New Orleans wedding:

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Rick Springfield.

And I didn't realize invitations were to be given out on a merit system...I need to rework my list..."Auntie Jeanette? Cousin Pierre? Can you find the connection between Opie and Madonna?"

Three things, EliseT:

1. I can't explain the Buddy Ebsen connection. I just can't.

2. I probably should have first discussed with you the offering of invtiations to your wedding as prizes. Sorry.

3. Finally, even your Auntie Jeanette could connect-the-dots between Opie and Madonna by knowing that:

Ron Howard was the voice of Tom Colonic in "Osmosis Jones" with Laurence Fishburne

Laurence Fishburne was in "Rumble Fish" with Nicholas Cage

Nick Cage was in "City of Angels" with Meg Ryan

Meg Ryan was in "Sleepless in Seattle" with Tom Hanks

And Tom Hanks was in "A League of Their Own" with, yes, Madonna.

Ta-da.
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 09:37:04 (permalink)
Er ... Me !!! Never heard of it !!

and BTW where does Kevin Bacon fit in that list ??? Confused in SC !!!
i95
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 09:42:36 (permalink)
Just add:

Madonna was in "Shanghai Surprise" with Sean Penn

And Sean Penn was in "Mystic River with, yes, Kevin Bacon.

An encore ta-da.
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 10:09:19 (permalink)
Naw !!!! But I bet he's a big lutefish fan !!!!
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 20:30:49 (permalink)
quote:

Er ... Me !!! Never heard of it !!

and BTW where does Kevin Bacon fit in that list ??? Confused in SC !!!

There is a theory that everyone on earth can be connected through six degrees of seperation. There have been studies done where a letter is given to someone in, say, Nebraska and they have to get it to someone in a place like Tasmania. So the Nebraskan perhaps has a hairdresser who is from Sydney. They give it to the hairdresser, who sends it to her mom, who sends it to her ex-neighbor who lives in Tasmania now, who knows the person's aunt, etc. They have found they are able to do this almost unfailingly in under six degrees of seperation.

A game has come out of this where you connect famous people, as I-95 has so skillfully demonstrated above. I think they chose "Kevin Bacon" because his name has the same number of syllables and rhymes with seperation. But he has actually starred in alot of movies with an odd assortment of stars, and you can connect him to almost anyone.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/21 20:32:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by i95

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Rick Springfield.

Three things, EliseT:

2. I probably should have first discussed with you the offering of invtiations to your wedding as prizes. Sorry.

3. Finally, even your Auntie Jeanette could connect-the-dots between Opie and Madonna by knowing that:

Ron Howard was the voice of Tom Colonic in "Osmosis Jones" with Laurence Fishburne

Ta-da.

I actually took the easier route through Penny Marshall, but also ending up with a League of their own.
i95
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/22 08:14:55 (permalink)
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by i95

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by i95

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Rick Springfield.

Three things, EliseT:

Ta-da.

I actually took the easier route through Penny Marshall, but also ending up with a League of their own.

And just to come full circle, the direct route to Mr. Bacon from Ms. Marshall is that:

Penny Marshall was in "She's Having a Baby" (cameo) with Kevin Bacon.

(Extra credit for all of you that also recognize "She's Having a Baby" as having a soundtrack featuring 1980s chanteuses Kate Bush "This Woman's Work" -- more recently recorded by Maxwell) and Kirsty MacColl (doing the Smith's "You Just Haven't Earned it Yet Baby.")

hatteras04
  • Total Posts : 1081
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/22 09:04:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Rick Springfield.

Rick Springfield was on General Hospital from 1981 to 1983.
Demi Moore was on in 1982.
She was also in A Few Good Men with (you guessed it) Kevin Bacon.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/22 17:12:22 (permalink)
OK, Buddy Ebson guest starred as a hobo on the Andy Griffith show. He was also a host of Academy of Country Music Awards, as was Reba MacIntyre, who starred in tremors with...Kevin Bacon!!!

It's just spooky, isn't it?
fdaniels
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/22 21:02:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Andy Griffith was in Spy Hard with George Kennedy
Who was in Airport 77 with Kathleen Quinlan
Who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon

Buddy Epson was in The Bevery Hillbillies (1993) with Dabney Coleman
Who was in The Man with One Red Show with Tom Hanks
Who Was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon

Mike Connors was in Stagecoach with Bing Crosby
Who was in White Christmas with Mary Wickes
Who was in Sister Act with Whoopi Goldberg
Who was in Ghost with Demi Moore
Who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon

Jill St. John was in Eight on the lamb with Bob Hope
Who was in Road to Bali with Bing Crosby

Anthony Geary ws in You Can’t Hurry Love with Bridget Fonda
Who was in Balto with Kevin Bacon

Rick Springfield was in Hard to Hold with Eilber
Who was in Mighty Joe Young with Bill Paxton

Rick Springfield.

jayro76
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/22 23:53:08 (permalink)
I love Hebrew National beef franks, but lately, I have really enjoyed Stadium red hots. They're nice and plump with red casings that have a bit of cayenne in there. The only thing is I have to go to certain parts of town to buy them. I can't buy them in the parts of town where all the rich people live for some reason. Maybe those folks just don't know how to eat;)
i95
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/23 10:07:54 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by fdaniels

quote:
Originally posted by i95

Andy Griffith
Buddy Ebsen
Mike Connors
Jill St. John
Anthony Geary

and

Andy Griffith was in Spy Hard with George Kennedy
Who was in Airport 77 with Kathleen Quinlan
Who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon

Buddy Epson was in The Bevery Hillbillies (1993) with Dabney Coleman
Who was in The Man with One Red Show with Tom Hanks

Mike Connors was in Stagecoach with Bing Crosby

Jill St. John was in Eight on the lamb with Bob Hope
Who was in Road to Bali with Bing Crosby

Anthony Geary ws in You Can’t Hurry Love with Bridget Fonda
Who was in Balto with Kevin Bacon

Rick Springfield was in Hard to Hold with Eilber
Who was in Mighty Joe Young with Bill Paxton

Rick Springfield.

Rock-on, fdaniels !!!!!
WildWalker
Junior Burger
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/23 14:06:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by GordonW

Given this topic, I just had to do a Google search on Matlock. It seems that every script has some kind of hot dog vendor in it. But no recipies.

Gordon,
How do you do Google searches for Matlock scripts?

I put Matlock and script into the "must have words", and got lots of hits, but after reading many...still not one talking about dramatic scripts of TV series.

In particular, I am searching for script of the Brennen episode, which I believe names type of pepper, Brand and vendor of hot dog.

Thank you,

WildWalker
Who walks through the wilderness, wilding.

Sorry for missing this the first time.
fdaniels
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: Matlock Hot Dog? 2004/01/25 20:13:53 (permalink)
So, Elise, when is the wedding?
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1