The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot...

Ranger Steve

• Total Posts: 30
Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Tue, 02/6/07 11:56 PM (permalink)
Blue M&M's. Food isn't blue. Even blueberries are purple. Tan was a good color. but it lost out to blue. I can't eat them. Once, a friend of mine got hold of a bag of M&M's at a time when they were making them in football team colors. He got the NE Patriots bag. Blue, red and gray. GRAY for pete's sake. Even the blue ones looked good compared to gray. Someone at M&M needs to be fired.
And Oreos. They are the perfect cookie. Just the right balance of cookie and filling. I accidentally bought a bag of double-stuff Oreos a while back. Maybe kids like those things, but I thought the extra filling was serious overkill. They also have new flavors of filling, but they're all double-stuff. It's like they're saying "You want new flavors? OK, we're going to cram it down you're throat.
And lastly, there was a cookie, I forget the name, but it was a wafer-like thing with peanut butter cream inside. The cookies came in large blocks with raised squares, sort of like ravioli, and you had to break off the squares. They now sell them under the NutterButter name, so I bought some, remembering how good they were years ago. There was hardly any cream inside. Mostly wafer. And the wafer wasn't very crispy either. What a waste.
Ok, that's my rant. Feel free to call me an old coot, or add your own gripe to this thread.

Steve

essemjay58

• Total Posts: 134
    RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 12:07 AM (permalink)
    You're not an old coot--just tellin' it like it is. Keep it up.

cornfed

• Total Posts: 344
      RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 12:17 AM (permalink)
      Maybe you can use some of the "double stuff" in the Oreo to additionally stuff the Nutter Butter.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
        RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 1:13 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Ranger Steve

Blue M&M's. Food isn't blue. Even blueberries are purple. Tan was a good color. but it lost out to blue. I can't eat them. Once, a friend of mine got hold of a bag of M&M's at a time when they were making them in football team colors. He got the NE Patriots bag. Blue, red and gray. GRAY for pete's sake. Even the blue ones looked good compared to gray. Someone at M&M needs to be fired.

Ok, that's my rant. Feel free to call me an old coot, or add your own gripe to this thread.

Steve

If you really want to have a fit over M&Ms, stop in at M&M's World in Vegas or Orlando where they have all the colors for sale, or go to http://www.mymms.com/22colors/

They now have 22 colors:
        cream, yellow, gold, orange, red, brown, maroon, dark pink, pink, green, dark green, teal, aqua, light blue, blue, dark blue, purple, light purple, black, silver, white and electric green

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 2:07 AM (permalink)
          Steve.. Good deal on standing up and speaking your mind! I dont think we should be refered to as Old Coot's though, just folk that where around when things where better... Product they manufacture today is questionable at the least.. We where lucky enough to taste quality, what little there was, back when it was..

PepperPhil

• Total Posts: 335
            RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 11:14 AM (permalink)
            Amen

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
              RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 11:41 AM (permalink)
              I had a friend in college who used to experiment with blue food. His blue brussels sprout fritters seemed pretty good at the time. But now I just say no.

"They now have 22 colors:
              cream, yellow, gold, orange, red, brown, maroon, dark pink, pink, green, dark green, teal, aqua, light blue, blue, dark blue, purple, light purple, black, silver, white and electric green" No "autumn haze?" no "ocean mist?" I think the M&M people need to consult with the J.Crew people.

I don't recall a peanut-butter ravioli square, but I do remember Pitter Patters, which did, indeed, have sufficient peanut butter creme to be called a peanut butter cookie, as opposed to the bastard pretender, Nutter Butter.

Double Stuf Oreos? Obviously a mutant form unleashed by terrorist forces to undermine everything that is good and pure in America. Make sure you tell everyone on the Web.

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
                RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 2:26 PM (permalink)
                Well, the blue M&M's are my fav. I always pick them out and save until last. Don't know why. Of course, I know that they don't taste any different than the other colors, I just like them the best.

Big Sausage

• Total Posts: 137
                  RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 2:40 PM (permalink)
                  When you grab a big hand full and stuff them into the old pie hole who cares what color they are ?

dasl_4

• Total Posts: 187
                    RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 3:33 PM (permalink)
                    I've been known to eat all the double stuff creamy white filling and throw out the cookies .. I wish they would jar the stuff like Fluff .. I would never buy an Oreo that wasn't Double Stuff

efuery

• Total Posts: 630
                      RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 4:01 PM (permalink)
                      What I think oreo does that is the worst is put funky colors in the creme filling to make them "seasonal". I remeber seeing ones with red filling and think OMG that cookie is BLEEDING! Gross and totally unnecessary IMO.

xannie_01

• Total Posts: 1481
                        RE: Maybe I'm just turning into an old coot... Wed, 02/7/07 4:10 PM (permalink)
                        you're an old coot if you go on and on
                        about how a loaf of bread used to cost 29 cents.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com