McCafe Free Smoothies at same event I paid for space to sell smoothies! HELP! HELP! HELP!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
lornaschinske
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re:McCafe Free Smoothies at same event I paid for space to sell smoothies! HELP! HELP! HE 2011/08/25 16:15:31 (permalink)
I think the event promoters are just after the entry fees. A nearby town is having their 3rd annual town celebration.We did it last year. Nice little event. About 75 miles away. Last year they have a nice attendance. To say they had between 600 to 700 people would be generous. Probably barely over 600 all day. It was a 6 hour long event. We were the only food vendors and we did well with a brand new menu (first day out with the deli menu). We paid $40 for last year. We enjoyed it, told the lady promoter we would like to come back again. This year, new guy in charge. Price for food vendors is up to $75. That's an increase of over 80%. Based on last year, this event is attended by locals with very few from other towns. To be honest, I don't think it is worth it for us. Once we subtracted the entry fee and the fuel we basically did a very good "street day" at the time. Even if we hadn't stopped doing events due to David's medical problems, we wouldn't be doing it. These event promoters are off their nut when it comes to vendor fees. That's my opinion.

Vendor Fees:
Local Merchants $50
Arts or Crafts Booths $25
Food Vendors $75
Commercial $150
Local Non Profit Free
Other Nonprofits $25
Any booth needing electricity Add $10
post edited by lornaschinske - 2011/08/25 16:22:43
bartl
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:McCafe Free Smoothies at same event I paid for space to sell smoothies! HELP! HELP! HE 2011/08/25 22:50:39 (permalink)
lornaschinske I don't think you have a legal leg to stand on. You just spent $750 for an expensive lesson.

What part of "exclusive" do you not understand?

Bart
lornaschinske
Re:McCafe Free Smoothies at same event I paid for space to sell smoothies! HELP! HELP! HE 2011/08/25 23:38:44 (permalink)
Only if it was in writing. I have yet to see where it was said they had "EXCLUSIVE" in writing. This whole event sounds like a disaster. All new vendors, none returning from previous years. Want the payments in blank money orders. I think some one is skimming. Perhaps an investigative reporter can do something with it. I do think the website would be the best bet. And get more of the other vendors from past years to add their stories. Put a link to where they can submit their stories to you or a contact e-mail address so their stories can be added to the site. Don't use Facebook as you can't control the content. In the case of the blank money order... post a copy of the blank money order and a copy of the cashed money order. Once there are stories from 5 or more other food vendors, forward the webpage link to the State Attorney General, the board members (each one) and the top TV stations in the state.
post edited by lornaschinske - 2011/08/25 23:40:27
MamaG
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:McCafe Free Smoothies at same event I paid for space to sell smoothies! HELP! HELP! HE 2011/09/08 11:21:57 (permalink)
The copy of the cashed money order is in.   As we expected, it was made payble to "Dale Massey" and not to the event name.

The Quake on the Lake event (non profit name on Michigan.Gov: Oakland County Community Club)  apparently subcontracted out to Eventure Services (profit) the food vendor coordination.

Who do I take to small claims court?  OCCC or Eventure Services?
The other odd thing is Sue Massey is on the board for the non profit and owner with her husband of Eventure Services?  Isn't this a conflict of interest?

lornaschinske
Re:McCafe Free Smoothies at same event I paid for space to sell smoothies! HELP! HELP! HE 2011/09/08 12:53:08 (permalink)
Perhaps both? Talk to the office you would file the claim with. They should be able to give you some info.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1