McD Double Cheeseburger horror.

Author
db1105
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 187
  • Joined: 2006/12/08 19:04:00
  • Location: Wilmington, DE
  • Status: offline
2008/11/29 21:45:12 (permalink)

McD Double Cheeseburger horror.

They are now charging $1.19 for a double cheeseburger. I can see this price going up fast now that it's off the dollar menu. No more McD's for me.
#1

28 Replies Related Threads

    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6526
    • Joined: 2006/07/06 19:49:00
    • Location: Live at Saint Clair
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/29 23:51:51 (permalink)
    Get ready for a bigger change when they stop putting on the extra slice of cheese.

    I participate in a survey group and this quarters questions were anonamousely geared around the 1$ value menus.

    One of the questions was

    "Would you mind if a restaurant only put one slice of cheese on their double cheeseburger?"

    Hmmmmmm
    #2
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3764
    • Joined: 2003/03/25 02:02:00
    • Location: Central FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 01:27:17 (permalink)
    Oh, the humanity.
    #3
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    • Joined: 2004/03/29 04:29:00
    • Location: chicago, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 06:01:37 (permalink)
    Yes i would mind.
    #4
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6349
    • Joined: 2007/08/16 17:35:00
    • Location: brick, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 08:19:58 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by db1105

    They are now charging $1.19 for a double cheeseburger. I can see this price going up fast now that it's off the dollar menu. No more McD's for me.


    Welcome to my world and a growing number...I said "no more McD's" 25 years ago...!!!!
    #5
    JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2767
    • Joined: 2006/12/01 10:05:00
    • Location: Pewaukee, WI & Fuquay-Varina, NC
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 08:58:34 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CajunKing

    Get ready for a bigger change when they stop putting on the extra slice of cheese.

    I participate in a survey group and this quarters questions were anonamousely geared around the 1$ value menus.

    One of the questions was

    "Would you mind if a restaurant only put one slice of cheese on their double cheeseburger?"

    Hmmmmmm

    It is called the McDouble(R). I had one last Wednesday. Not bad for 99 cents.

    http://apps.mcdonalds.com/usa/food/dollar/mcdouble/
    #6
    Rt66Mike
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 155
    • Joined: 2005/07/29 13:18:00
    • Location: St Louis, MO
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 09:01:26 (permalink)
    They raised the price to $1.29 in St. Louis.
    #7
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5066
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 15:09:00 (permalink)
    Oh well. No 'real' cheese involved... We can relax now.
    #8
    ThrashATL
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Joined: 2005/09/28 18:57:00
    • Location: Dakota Dunes, SD
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 17:03:42 (permalink)
    McDonald's has a choice not to raise prices when their costs increase? They can do 1 of 2 things. Reduce the amount of the product to maintain price OR increase price and maintain amount of product. Just pull a box of cereal off the shelf and see this game in action all the time.
    #9
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18879
    • Joined: 2000/07/01 08:52:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: online
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 17:30:01 (permalink)
    They're still selling the double cheese around here for a buck, but McDOnald's recently said it was increasing the price and cuting the amount of cheese in half.
    #10
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 17:42:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Travelin Man

    Oh, the humanity.


    Did you mean


    horror? really??
    #11
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2130
    • Joined: 2000/04/16 18:19:00
    • Location: Rye, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 19:50:25 (permalink)
    It may hard to believe this, but I have very reliable sources that tell me the double-cheeseburger will be capped at $1.19 for a while. The franchisees were never pleased with $1, because it is a lost leader for them. I believe you can still get a single cheese double cheeseburger for a buck, which is a hell of a deal if you like them.
    #12
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    • Joined: 2008/07/24 17:31:00
    • Location: Bayonne, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 20:17:48 (permalink)
    In price comparison, a tiny little White Castle w/cheese is $.79.

    If the worst thing I find out today, is that Mc Donalds is taking a slice of cheese off a Mc Double, it is a very good day.

    #13
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6349
    • Joined: 2007/08/16 17:35:00
    • Location: brick, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 20:30:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CCinNJ

    In price comparison, a tiny little White Castle w/cheese is $.79.

    If the worst thing I find out today, is that Mc Donalds is taking a slice of cheese off a Mc Double, it is a very good day.




    #14
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 20:44:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CCinNJ

    In price comparison, a tiny little White Castle w/cheese is $.79.


    Hey, I just stopped at Chateau Blanc today and the cheeseburgers were 84 cents each. 5 cents more than in NJ???

    Oh the horror!

    Maybe I got a few more onions for that 5 cents.
    #15
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15321
    • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 21:43:45 (permalink)

    Tony
    Perhaps they were using bottled water instead of tap water for the steaming process?
    #16
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    • Joined: 2008/07/24 17:31:00
    • Location: Bayonne, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 21:49:30 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad

    quote:
    Originally posted by CCinNJ

    In price comparison, a tiny little White Castle w/cheese is $.79.


    Hey, I just stopped at Chateau Blanc today and the cheeseburgers were 84 cents each. 5 cents more than in NJ???

    Oh the horror!

    Maybe I got a few more onions for that 5 cents.


    Now that the secret is out, all New Yorkers will be running over here, for the big savings. Me and my BIG mouth.
    #17
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 22:30:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CCinNJ
    Now that the secret is out, all New Yorkers will be running over here, for the big savings. Me and my BIG mouth.


    Oh we're coming all right...and we are going to buy your cheap gas too...and make you pump it for us...bwaaah hhhhaaaa hahahaha (is that how you spell the evil laugh sound???)
    #18
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    • Joined: 2008/07/24 17:31:00
    • Location: Bayonne, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/11/30 23:41:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad

    quote:
    Originally posted by CCinNJ
    Now that the secret is out, all New Yorkers will be running over here, for the big savings. Me and my BIG mouth.


    Oh we're coming all right...and we are going to buy your cheap gas too...and make you pump it for us...bwaaah hhhhaaaa hahahaha (is that how you spell the evil laugh sound???)


    More like Muuuuuahhhhh haaaaa haaaaaa!

    Just remember, it is always "free" to come to NJ, but it will cost you at least $8 in tolls to escape NJ. That means plenty of White Castles, and copious amounts of gas!!!

    NJ & You...Perfect Together!!!
    #19
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    • Joined: 2006/09/08 07:12:00
    • Location: Miami, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/01 14:48:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stephen Rushmore Jr.

    It may hard to believe this, but I have very reliable sources that tell me the double-cheeseburger will be capped at $1.19 for a while. The franchisees were never pleased with $1, because it is a lost leader for them. I believe you can still get a single cheese double cheeseburger for a buck, which is a hell of a deal if you like them.


    Around here, "a while" is already up! Double Cheeseburgers are $1.29.
    #20
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/01 14:52:04 (permalink)
    I read somewhere they were going to chage 50 cents more on weekends! Oh wait, wrong story.
    #21
    sgtboots
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 32
    • Joined: 2008/09/24 16:03:00
    • Location: Uniontown, PA
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/01 18:47:35 (permalink)
    Prices are going up at McDonald's on Wednesday in SW PA, anywhere between 10 and 30 cents.

    One of the chicken sandwich meals will be over $7.00.
    #22
    drpep
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    • Joined: 2003/06/26 11:24:00
    • Location: Corning, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/01 20:25:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by sgtboots


    One of the chicken sandwich meals will be over $7.00.

    And that's why I now skip lunches when I'm working away from home.
    #23
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3616
    • Joined: 2003/12/13 02:58:00
    • Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
    • Status: online
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/02 00:03:56 (permalink)
    I'm just curious...for those who are shocked by the price going up...do you go to ANY restaurant that hasn't raised its prices in almost five years on something? At my (former) local pub, you cannot get out the door for under ten dollars to eat a burger and fries. Said burger comes in a frozen pre-formed patty, is served on a substandard bun, and is really not much larger than a McDonald's double cheese. Oh yeah...and they charge 50 cents for a slice of cheese if you want to add it.
    #24
    AndreaB
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1303
    • Joined: 2004/12/06 14:11:00
    • Location: Versailles, KY
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/02 08:32:36 (permalink)
    I won't miss the double cheeseburger too much --- the McDouble will do for me when I want something cheap and fast. I agree that it's getting costly to dine out, even at fast food restaurants. Cooking at home rules.

    Andrea
    #25
    mjambro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 436
    • Joined: 2006/02/07 13:51:00
    • Location: Providence, RI
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/02 11:25:51 (permalink)
    They increased the price of the double cheesburger to $1.19, but brought out a McDouble for $1.00 which is the same, except it has one, not two slices of their cheese product. Since I remove the cheese, it's just one less slice I have to toss. It's hard to be $3.24 for quick lunch.
    #26
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    • Joined: 2006/09/08 07:12:00
    • Location: Miami, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/02 11:40:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by mjambro

    They increased the price of the double cheesburger to $1.19, but brought out a McDouble for $1.00 which is the same, except it has one, not two slices of their cheese product. Since I remove the cheese, it's just one less slice I have to toss. It's hard to be $3.24 for quick lunch.


    Just ask for one with no cheese, if you don't like it. They'll accommodate you.
    #27
    DoubleChubbyChuck
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 22
    • Joined: 2008/10/29 15:23:00
    • Location: Littleton, CO
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/02 12:50:12 (permalink)
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, cheese.
    #28
    drpep
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    • Joined: 2003/06/26 11:24:00
    • Location: Corning, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: McD Double Cheeseburger horror. 2008/12/04 18:19:25 (permalink)
    Another horror!!!! Wendy's 99 cent Double Stack Cheeseburger is now $1.39 at local Wendy's!!!!
    #29
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1