McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
6star
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4388
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 01:27:36 (permalink)
I think this story gives the final word on McDonald's: http://www.mcspotlight.org/media/press/mcds/newyorkpost220104.html
JimInKy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 03:32:51 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty246

C'mon guys, you know you all are craving the lucious McRIB!!!!!

I had that McRib sandwich. It made an impression, 'cause I remember exactly where and when. It was October, 1989 at the Harper's Road McDonald's in Beckley, W. Va. At lunch. I was pretty disappointed; I couldn't believe they'd sell something that tasted so awful.

It looked so good in the advertisements.

I never went for a new product after that, so I have no idea what they've been doing. I did buy coffee at a McD drive-thru last summer and it was very good, much better then the blend they used to sell.
Michael Stern
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1034
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 05:57:32 (permalink)
While seldom immaculate enough nowadays to make the late Ray Kroc happy, McDonald's bathrooms are often a welcome sight while traveling. But then, so are BK's, Wendy's, and Duncan Donuts'. Hey, what about a coast-to-coast toilet franchise: "No Food, Just Clean Rest Rooms."
CheeseWit
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 08:04:28 (permalink)
In the past few years, I've been to McDonald's only for their bathrooms. Our roadfood honeymoon included McBathroom stops!
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4596
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 08:45:57 (permalink)
Allow me to focus only on the original question of why isn't the 2 cheeseburger meal offerred in Ohio.

Well, uh, allow me to add that Cincinnati is most definitely an Ohio city, and the McDonald's here do offer that combination.

So there you go.
Sushi_Girl
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 09:19:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Cakes

meowzart,

The fora are about roadfood. I understand that. A simple reminder of that would do however. The poor woman from Australia asked a legitimate question about Denny's and a lot of the replies were way over board. She is interested in seeing Disneyland, not trying to find a diner that meets the criteria of the roadfood elite.

Original Question>>When I come over to the US to go to disneyland in 3 wks, there is a restauraunt across from the hotel I am staying at called Dennys. The food on their website looks really nice, but I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is 'nice food' and a good place to go for a cheap eat? Thanks guys!<<

To me thats asking what Dennys was like food wise and a good place to go to eat,,and we answered her honestly...
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3308
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 16:19:46 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

I cannot understand why McDonald's does not offer food in my state.

Would that be the state of confusion or the state of delusion?
Lone Star
  • Total Posts : 1730
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 16:26:48 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Stern

While seldom immaculate enough nowadays to make the late Ray Kroc happy, McDonald's bathrooms are often a welcome sight while traveling. But then, so are BK's, Wendy's, and Duncan Donuts'. Hey, what about a coast-to-coast toilet franchise: "No Food, Just Clean Rest Rooms."

The "Buccees" rest stops here in Texas are spotless, and immaculate. Some of them even adveritse "WE HAVE CLEAN RESTROOMS!" They also make great iced tea and have lots of gee-gaws and cheesy junk to peruse on a pit stop. I even bought some Watkins Vanilla there last time I was on the road.
Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 16:27:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chicagostyledog

quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

I cannot understand why McDonald's does not offer food in my state.

Would that be the state of confusion or the state of delusion?

Perhaps dazed and confused.
i95
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 17:22:08 (permalink)
Gunther hath spoken.
chezkatie
  • Total Posts : 1329
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 17:28:55 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

My goodness. You people certainly have a lot of venom directed towards Mickey D's.

I see many of you have veered towards the dark side in my brief absence.

I'll sum up:

McDonald's changed the world. For both good and bad.

Live with it.

Hon, I think what most people are saying is that ROADFOOD is GOODFOOD
and McDonald's does not fit that discription; nor does Denny's or Burger King and any number of chains. I would be the last person in the world to tell a nice person from another country, visiting here on a nice vacation, that Denny's is fine!.............no way,! I would want to steer her into some great locally owned ROADFOOD restaurants and I would hope that she would do the same for me if I were to visit her country!
North County
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/05 18:08:33 (permalink)

Visiting a Denny's would give that visitor from a foreign county a taste of an American icon... the biggest chain of coffee shops in America.

The food is not outstanding... but it is a good example of American comfort food. - more so for breakfast.

Plus there are not many “Roadfood” places near Disneyland.

I don’t think the poster asking the original question had access to a car…..
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3308
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/06 11:14:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

My goodness. You people certainly have a lot of venom directed towards Mickey D's.

I see many of you have veered towards the dark side in my brief absence.

I'll sum up:

McDonald's changed the world. For both good and bad.

Live with it.

McDonald's burgers are still the same. We have changed. We're the adventurous group that always seeks the best that's available. We're never afraid to try something new or different. Variety is the spice of life and we like to grab the bull by the horns and hang on for the ride. That's why were always on this site. The choices are so great and the fun never ends.

Chicagostyledog has spoken.
hatteras04
  • Total Posts : 1097
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/06 12:38:12 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by McFan

What is it with McDonald's restaurants Ohio not offering the extra value meal consisting of two cheeseburgers? I know from experience that they are offered at the Golden Arches in Indiana, Minnesota, and Missouri. Why not the Buckeye State? " />

Ok, I live in Columbus, OH and I will actually answer your question (and subject myself to ridicule for knowing this). Even at the McDonald's that don't have the 2 cheeseburger meal on the menu, you can order it and they will know what you are talking about. At the one near my house there is even a sign for the employees inside the drive-thru window (a feature that is by the way not available at most roadfood type places which is why I do occasionally go to McDonald's) that lists additional value meal options. That was the first one listed. I can't remember the others but one might have been a triple cheeseburger meal.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18652
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/06 12:48:22 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by hatteras04

quote:
Originally posted by McFan

What is it with McDonald's restaurants Ohio not offering the extra value meal consisting of two cheeseburgers? I know from experience that they are offered at the Golden Arches in Indiana, Minnesota, and Missouri. Why not the Buckeye State? " />

Ok, I live in Columbus, OH and I will actually answer your question (and subject myself to ridicule for knowing this). Even at the McDonald's that don't have the 2 cheeseburger meal on the menu, you can order it and they will know what you are talking about. At the one near my house there is even a sign for the employees inside the drive-thru window (a feature that is by the way not available at most roadfood type places which is why I do occasionally go to McDonald's) that lists additional value meal options. That was the first one listed. I can't remember the others but one might have been a triple cheeseburger meal.

No ridicule from me. I stopped at a Columbus area (Gahanna) McDonald's to get a cup of coffee on my way home from the supermarket this morning (by the way, a "senior's" cup is 39-cents). I asked if they had a two cheeseburger meal and was told they did.
Route 11
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 755
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/09 17:30:23 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Willly

When I was 16 and worked at Mcdonalds ('82-'83), I couldn't stand making the McRibs. I hated it so much that I never had one. The look of the frozen ground pork extruded with the fake ribs was just too much. Additionally, they had to be cooked at a different temp than the 10-1s and 4-1s, and sit in the sauce for at least and hour before serving.

While I do get my kids McD's every once in a while, I agree that the quality has slipped. At sixteen, I was actually proud to work there. They weren't the the last place teens wanted to work -- They were actually selective. And I learned how to work hard, follow directions, and take pride in even menial work.

You never see a bunch of kids happy to work in a McDonalds anymore.

Whoa...I have another McRib injury story...while working there in high school I accidentally slopped some burning-hot McRib Sauce on my hand and got a major blister that burst on a train ride down the east coast. It looked like someone had thrown a water balloon at my hand! Who's hungry now?

BUT...even though I worked there, I still eat there just because I love the fries. But the burgers taste like old hockey pucks to me now. If it's possible, I get McDonalds fries and a Wendy's burger.

Lynne
Martha-Girl
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 48
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/09 18:00:10 (permalink)
I've yet to find a chain cheeseburger I can't live without, but if we could get an Arby's Jamocha shake to go with the McD's fries, I'd be a happy (and hippy) girl.

Oooh. And a Varsity chili dog.

Maybe they could do a combo store like those Dunkin Donut/Baskin Robbins/Togos that are popping up all over.

My son says the .19 was the extra labor to disassemble two cheeseburgers & reassemble the double. [:D
Kodachrome
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 11:58:40 (permalink)
I don't see the difference in discussing Krystals and White Castle and discussing McDonalds, all 3 were once very nice places to eat, all 3 have had quality go down recently.

To me all the bashing isn't necessary.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7898
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 12:35:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Kodachrome

I don't see the difference in discussing Krystals and White Castle and discussing McDonalds, all 3 were once very nice places to eat, all 3 have had quality go down recently.

To me all the bashing isn't necessary.

This is a website about road food, not about franchised fast food. I have gotten a little leary of the site lately because of all the hijacking of threads about irrelevant nonsense, and other threads that absolutely nothing about road food at all. I have brought up some very fascinating issues. Real relevant road food potential discussions. Most recently I brought up the demise of sit down Fried Chicken Dinner restaurants in Kansas City. Many have ignored this thread, or have hijacked it to talk about fried chicken in Texas. There were one or two who did try to be helpful.

I think it's very sad that a good thread for discussion goes on ignored, where some other threads (which I don't want to mention in order not to offend) with absolutely no relevance to road food get pages of responses.

tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 12:54:40 (permalink)
Gotta agree with Kodachrome--how anyone can rave on about the delights af "sliders" and bash the crap out of McD's is beyond me--but it goes on here often. Personally i am not thrilled with either of them but i have eaten at chains now and then and you get what you pay for. If you go into a fast food joint looking for a handmade 1/2 lb burger patty with a slice sharp chedder and thick deli bacon---your a dreamer and bound to be disappointed---but if you go in looking for a cheap burger,fries and a coke.your just a hungry guy on a budget!
oldfrt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 269
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 13:08:44 (permalink)
I am not a big fan of McD's but if I am traveling or get up early some AM and need a tasty alternative I head to the McD's and grab a couple Sausage McMuffins and a hot Large Coffee and grab the paper to read. Not a bad combo!

As for burgers, when I am in a fast food mood, I gotta have a "Whopper" with all those "veggies" piled on including a large slab of raw onion. Carls Jr. isn't bad either.

Don
LegalLady
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 404
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 14:15:36 (permalink)
Scuse me, Scuse me. LOBSTER rolls at McD's????
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18652
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 14:42:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by EatBeef

Scuse me, Scuse me. LOBSTER rolls at McD's????

Yep.
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 890
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 16:37:22 (permalink)
Just out of curiosity: Do they call it the McLobster?
oldfrt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 269
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 18:19:15 (permalink)
They probably got a deal at McD's to buy leftover "Shore Kill" from Red Lobster.

Don
Pitts
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 78
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/14 20:19:40 (permalink)
Has anyone noticed the review for Burgerville USA? they are a chain. And a darn good one. Hard ice cream shakes,Tillamook cheeseburgers sweet potato fries,etc. Not as cheap as the others but higher quality.
This is the only review I have seen here (highly favorable I might add). Just shows not all chains are bad. It's just that when i'm on the Road I want something I can't get at home.
Ralph Isbill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/15 00:09:43 (permalink)
During my time of delivering trucks and automobiles, I traveled Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Texas, Tennesse, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania. I found very few Mom and Pop establishments, close to the interstates, with ample parking. I ate at lots of Dennys, Shonies, Waffle Houses (had lots of bad food at some of them good food at others. Huddle Houses, and other big names. I learned that you paid your money and took your chances. M.D. was a rest room and you could get a cup of real coffee, Havent been there in years. Most folks have'nt any idea about a good breakfast place anymore. In Huntsville Alabama, I asked a young lady where to find a good breakfast. She directed me to a Carl's Junior.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/15 05:49:59 (permalink)
Now thats just sad!
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7019
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/15 08:58:43 (permalink)
Haven't eaten at McD's since around 1974 but they do have clean bathrooms and pretty decent Diet Coke.
evilpez
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: McDonald's Two Cheeseburgers Extra Value Meal 2004/02/15 11:03:28 (permalink)

Living in Nova Scotia, the McLobster (yes it is called that - McCrustacean tested poorly) is offered readily over the summer months. Mostly to cash in on tourists who want an authentic taste of the Maritimes while safely in the confines of the familiar golden arches.

But as any true blue road food scholar will attest - you can't beat a shore side shack offering up a fresh lobster roll with some fresh cut fries.

Any local can tell a tourist a mile away while waiting in line at a Mickey D's - because they're the only ones ordering the McLobster value meal from a company who's only other foray into seafood is the mysterious and tartar sauce blasted Filet-o-fish.

Four minute pieces of lobster and a large wad of wilted lettuce does not a lobster roll make.

Oh yes - the original post was about the double cheeseburge meal deal - it does exist in Atlantic Canada too - but only on request. The local MacDonald's here will also serve you up the Neopolitan shake on request too! (one layer each of vanilla, chocolate and stawberry!!) This franchise is like visiting Lord of the Flies.

Madness!!
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1