McRib

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
tigerborn
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
  • Joined: 2004/11/06 10:36:00
  • Location: warren, OH
  • Status: offline
2006/11/16 03:57:28 (permalink)

McRib

Will you miss the McRib sandwich? McDonalds is doing a rather clever campaign called the McRib Farewell Tour. Come get your McRibs since it's available for a limited time! I swear that sandwich is a guilty pleasure. It's great for the first few bites and then the salty aftertaste kills it. Has anybody tried the cinnamon melts and southern style chicken sandwich yet?
#1

51 Replies Related Threads

    doggydaddy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1847
    • Joined: 2006/06/11 18:39:00
    • Location: Austin, TX...got smoke?
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 07:36:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tigerborn

    Will you miss the McRib sandwich? McDonalds is doing a rather clever campaign called the McRib Farewell Tour. Come get your McRibs since it's available for a limited time! I swear that sandwich is a guilty pleasure. It's great for the first few bites and then the salty aftertaste kills it. Has anybody tried the cinnamon melts and southern style chicken sandwich yet?



    There was a Simpsons episode that covered this. Homer went on a tour with other 'Ribheads' who went searching for the last Krustyburger joints that were selling their version of the rib sandwich.

    I have not seen the other items advertised around here. Just the snackwrap. You mentioned elsewhere that they have a lobster roll in the New England area. I have not heard of that either.

    mark
    #2
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    • Joined: 2006/05/21 06:45:00
    • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 07:58:05 (permalink)
    I know exactly what the Mcrib is made out of,so I wont touch it with a 10 foot pole....
    #3
    Farfel280
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 29
    • Joined: 2003/03/04 15:00:00
    • Location: Centreville, VA
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 08:13:35 (permalink)
    I miss the McRib. Yeah, it wasn't even close to being "real", but you're right, it was a guilty pleasure. I haven't seen it around the DC area in ages (probably because it isn't politically correct!) Haven't had the other items (yet).
    #4
    RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 191
    • Joined: 2004/12/23 08:08:00
    • Location: ARNOLD, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 08:45:44 (permalink)
    Hello All

    Must say i liked the Mcrib, as said before you know it's not real but tasty the same. Have't seen them in the Annapolis area in quite in while.

    Jim
    #5
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7749
    • Joined: 2001/01/18 18:49:00
    • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 08:55:46 (permalink)
    #6
    Ashphalt
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1644
    • Joined: 2005/09/14 11:31:00
    • Location: Sharon, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 09:36:38 (permalink)
    Hasn't McRib had more farewell tours than Streisand and Sinatra combined?

    Haven't seen it advertised in my area in years. Had one in the early 80s and I still remember it well enough that I'll never miss it.
    #7
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4561
    • Joined: 2003/07/26 22:24:00
    • Location: Cincinnati, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 10:01:28 (permalink)
    This thread should be moved to the FFF forum
    #8
    Pigiron
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1384
    • Joined: 2005/05/11 17:51:00
    • Location: Bergen County, NJ
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 10:15:04 (permalink)
    I cannot imagine putting a McRib into my body.

    McRib Sandwich: 7.2 oz total-
    Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ)McRib Bun:Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides. McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. Pickle Slices: Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color). Slivered Onions.
    500 calories, 25 grams fat (8 saturated), 75mg cholesterol, 1040 mg sodium

    And on top of that, it looks like this:
    http://www.fastfoodfever.com/uploaded_images/mcrib-sandwich-778324.jpg

    #9
    Ashphalt
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1644
    • Joined: 2005/09/14 11:31:00
    • Location: Sharon, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 11:17:56 (permalink)
    You mean they put that much stuff in it and they still can't kill the taste of rancid pork fat and gristle???
    #10
    Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1509
    • Joined: 2000/09/19 04:01:00
    • Location: Fresno, CA
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/16 12:03:40 (permalink)
    I loved it when it first came out..then I found a less expensive twin at AM/PM for when I get that pork product craving.. and theirs is available year round...
    #11
    SassyGritsAL
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1089
    • Joined: 2005/10/27 11:52:00
    • Location: Huntsville, AL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/17 08:53:45 (permalink)
    One word for the McRib - McNasty
    #12
    signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    • Joined: 2000/10/23 05:15:00
    • Location: Baltimore, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/17 10:12:35 (permalink)
    fungal protease......I'm just drooling.
    #13
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 03:48:44 (permalink)
    Please send to the FFR thread.
    #14
    Gizmolito
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 312
    • Joined: 2004/10/18 17:42:00
    • Location: New Whiteland, IN
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 09:15:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pigiron

    I cannot imagine putting a McRib into my body.

    McRib Sandwich: 7.2 oz total-
    Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ)McRib Bun:Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides. McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. Pickle Slices: Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color). Slivered Onions.
    500 calories, 25 grams fat (8 saturated), 75mg cholesterol, 1040 mg sodium



    The longest listing of strange sounding chemicals and "weird science" ingredience are in the BUN!

    McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.

    You'll get that in any restaurant's bread I suppose, unless very diligent to such things.
    #15
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 09:22:01 (permalink)
    Dang it. Those onions look pretty good TO ME...

    #16
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4561
    • Joined: 2003/07/26 22:24:00
    • Location: Cincinnati, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 12:07:24 (permalink)
    Yeah, this thread should be McMoved....
    #17
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 12:12:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TJ Jackson

    Yeah, this thread should be McMoved....


    Hmmm. Let me think now... What was that old skit on SNL???
    Oh yeah. I remember now.

    "The Whiners"
    #18
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    • Joined: 2006/05/21 06:45:00
    • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 13:10:43 (permalink)
    Those skits were funny,but remember how ANNOYING the whiners were?
    #19
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15219
    • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 13:39:43 (permalink)
    I was thinking of moving it to "Prime Cut's" just to see how long it would last there?
    #20
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    • Joined: 2006/05/21 06:45:00
    • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/19 14:06:44 (permalink)
    LOL,Al!!!!!!!
    #21
    danimal15
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1092
    • Joined: 2003/08/07 11:58:00
    • Location: Chicago, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/20 12:38:36 (permalink)
    How does one make "natural smoke flavor?"
    #22
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15219
    • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/20 12:40:32 (permalink)
    Eat Beans.(Or perhaps a McRib!)
    #23
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4561
    • Joined: 2003/07/26 22:24:00
    • Location: Cincinnati, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/20 13:09:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

    quote:
    Originally posted by TJ Jackson

    Yeah, this thread should be McMoved....


    Hmmm. Let me think now... What was that old skit on SNL???
    Oh yeah. I remember now.

    "The Whiners"

    Pray tell, how is a stating of pure simple truth "whining"?

    (to papajoe re: his question in the following post: I have no suggestions nor input)
    #24
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    • Joined: 2006/01/13 11:23:00
    • Location: Dallas... DFW area
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/20 14:06:34 (permalink)
    TJ, what is your input on the suggestion that... if you think a thread is in the wrong place, advise a moderator, as they have the final say, and that way there is no need to discuss this matter on the thread itself. We can discuss my run on sentances anouther time. :~)

    I have never had a McRib, hmmm? I could see making my own version using pulled ( just off the bone ) rib meat maybe?
    Joe
    #25
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    • Joined: 2006/05/21 06:45:00
    • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/20 14:17:27 (permalink)
    I,myself,dont see the harm in having a discussion not within certain boundries.I "ditto"Papajoe...//and joe-any rib pulled off the bone on a sandwich is a McPeeples!!!!
    #26
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    • Joined: 2003/07/07 18:31:00
    • Location: Rentiesville, OK
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/20 15:12:05 (permalink)
    let's see---McRib forum----read 626 times and repliesd to 25 times--on one page
    Pork Tenderlion forum---read 47240 times and 572 replies taking TWENTY pages

    Tell you anything?
    #27
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    • Joined: 2006/01/13 11:23:00
    • Location: Dallas... DFW area
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/21 12:42:48 (permalink)
    Lets See Tiki---McRib---Pork Tenderloin, hmmm? Ok, I'll have the tenderloin, med rare please.
    Joe
    #28
    Gizmolito
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 312
    • Joined: 2004/10/18 17:42:00
    • Location: New Whiteland, IN
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/21 14:42:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

    let's see---McRib forum----read 626 times and repliesd to 25 times--on one page
    Pork Tenderlion forum---read 47240 times and 572 replies taking TWENTY pages

    Tell you anything?



    Wow, McRib got 25 replies in the first 4 days! Pork Tenderloins got its first 25 replies after more than 4 months!
    #29
    JT1
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 227
    • Joined: 2006/08/16 13:40:00
    • Location: Carrboro, NC
    • Status: offline
    RE: McRib 2006/11/21 14:50:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by danimal15

    How does one make "natural smoke flavor?"


    It must be like artificial vanilla extract, where they make artificial vanilla and then make an extract out of it.

    What IS fungal protease???

    #30
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1