Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Meat Ball Marinara Sliders

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 38
the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 12:37 PM (permalink)
I don't know if this recipe is good or bad, but it was featured by Publix, the
great supermarket chain here in Florida------I will try it out one of these days
and report back----but, in the meantime anyone else is free to give it a go.

They recommend using dinner rolls as the bun-----

Use whatever amount of meat you want and form patties the size of the buns and
1/2 inch thick. 

Heat enough Marinara sauce to cover the meat top and bottom.

Preheat a large frying pan on medium high 2-3 minutes.
Add the meat patties 3-4 minutes a side, or to desired doneness.

Now the hard part-----slice open the bun and cover bottom 1/2 with sauce.
Now add a meat pattie
Add one slice Mozzarella Cheese
and on top of that one tablespon of marinara

Don't forget the top half of the bun----add that and serve-----Manga, manga.

PapaJoe8

• Total Posts: 5504
    Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 1:36 PM (permalink)
    Sounds good to me Ancient One! I think the rolls should be toasted after being split so the don't get soggy. Not sure though?
    Joe

TnTinCT

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 1:48 PM (permalink)
      For a friend's party last year, I did a big crock pot of meatballs in sauce - i sliced them all in half first, and then just simmered them in the sauce. Brought along a few bags of the little potato rolls, and some sliced mozz, people built their own little sliders (the half meatball had a nice flat side so it didn't roll off the tiny roll) . Was a big hit, and really minimal effort.

the ancient mariner

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 2:06 PM (permalink)
        Mon Amie Papa Joe----I offer to toast your buns anytime.

TnT----hey that's an explosive name----I like it.

Your crock sounds like a great idea----I shall make the meat-a-balls
        as you say, then toast Joe's Buns and let folks do with them as they may.

I also like that minimal effort stuff-----makes my day.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 2:43 PM (permalink)
          Them's ain't no meatballs.  That's a pizza burger. 

PapaJoe8

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 3:37 PM (permalink)
            TnT, after reading your post I think an un toasted bum will work just fine. A bit soggy might be good.

And yes Ancient One... more minimal.

Pig, now ther's a name for them... Pizza Sliders! Oh, meatballs on a pizza?
            Joe

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
              Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 3:46 PM (permalink)
              Eminently edible. The only additions I'd make is toast the bread with garlic butter and top the serving with fresh grated Romano or Parm.

PapaJoe8

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 4:05 PM (permalink)
                Mmmm, sounding better all tha time. A toasted Parm / Romano Pizza Slider. My garndzillas would insist on topping it off w/ a slice of pepperoni. :!)
                Joe

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4466
                  Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 4:56 PM (permalink)
                  the ancient mariner, My favorite Italian! 

Sounds like something I eat 1-2 times a week at home.  No buns though.  I usually just grab the end of a loaf a bread and have at it.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9574
                    Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 5:44 PM (permalink)
                    I've made these for an office Pot Luck. Bought a bag of frozen MINI Meatballs at Smart & Final. Threw them in a Crockpot with a jar of Prego Sauce that I jazzed up a little bit, Sliced up a couple bags of King's Hawaiian small rolls and ----- Walla!---- Mamma Mia's Mahalo Mini Meatball Sliders!
                    (Don't forget to use a liner bag in the Crockpot. Makes cleanup a breeze!)
                    <message edited by Foodbme on Thu, 02/11/10 5:51 PM>

the ancient mariner

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Thu, 02/11/10 6:08 PM (permalink)
                      Pittston Joe----I'm not really Italian although I have hung around with a few Italian guys and even better their sisters.  Growing up in Brooklyn and Queens we
                      all were everything.  Irish, Italian, who cares-----
                      So you had these brand new sliders long before there were sliders---but, a slider by any other name is still easy going down.

Papa Joe------if we keep adding stuff to the stuff we already have we will have hamburgers all over again.  Then we will be kicked off the slider post.

El Pig Iron--- Pizza smeeza---call it what you will, and add what you want ---
                      it will go good with a few beers.

Food Be You----sounds like a nice party----but you are not allowed to use Hawaiian Rolls with meat-a-balls---it's against the law.  You are violating 
                      interstate commerce and are not politically correct. 

Just made one for dinner----but I didn't have chopped beef so I used a can of tuna, and I didn't have no rolls so I used a piece of pumpernickel, and I didn't have no marinara sauce so I used Hellman's Mayo and it didn't taste like meat balls anything,  it tasted like a tunafish sam-itch====what's the big deal.   
                      <message edited by the ancient mariner on Thu, 02/11/10 6:11 PM>

PapaJoe8

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Fri, 02/12/10 12:57 PM (permalink)
                        A meatball, pepperoni, marinara or Itialan red sauce, mozz parm/ romano burger on a toasted garlic buttered bun. Hawaiian Style; with a Hawaiian bun and pineapple. But??? could you call that a burger??? Maybe this needs a new name?

Oh, per Joe's idea... make your own with all tha fixins. Served w/ half a loaf of white bread.

And oh, also make some small ones and call them sliders??? Or???

Hey, it all sounds good to me! :~)
                        Joe

Foodbme

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Fri, 02/12/10 2:34 PM (permalink)
                          the ancient mariner

Food Be You----sounds like a nice party----but you are not allowed to use Hawaiian Rolls with meat-a-balls---it's against the law.  You are violating  interstate commerce and are not politically correct. 

It's Called Island Fusion- "Hawaiian-Italian" - it's the New Rage, the "In" thing, Today's top chefs are all about "Fusion"---Like "Eskimo-Japanese" a.k.a. Blubber Sushi!

the ancient mariner

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Fri, 02/12/10 5:00 PM (permalink)
                            Sushi is blubber.

or bait !!!!

Island Fusion --- no way----Italian is Italian and Hawaiian is Hawaiian
                            and never the twain shall meet.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                              Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Fri, 02/12/10 5:12 PM (permalink)
                              Welcome to my bait shop and sushi bar. When it's swimming it's bait. When it stops swimming it becomes sushi.

Waste nothing!

PapaJoe8

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sat, 02/13/10 12:25 PM (permalink)
                                I guess you won't be trying a Puka Dog anytime soon Ancient One? Fruit salsa on a hot dog... :~) .

Michael, an oyster doesn't swim but it is still alive when we eat it. I know you already knew that but some folks here might not. And, I think I saw Andrew Zimmer eat some kinda fish that was still kickin.

Foodbe, it's kinda like Lions and Tigers. Once the ocean no longer keeps them apart there will only be Ligers... or Tigons. Both DO exist.
                                Joe

fabulousoyster

• Total Posts: 1855
                                  Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sat, 02/13/10 6:02 PM (permalink)
                                  Meatball sandwich vs. Meatball slider.  Geez.....
                                  Reminds me of my dog. I have a "designer dog".  Oh yeah, in other words, a very expensive $1400 mutt.
                                  Recipes should be delicious, most meatball heros, sandwiches are.....

Foodbme

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sat, 02/13/10 6:16 PM (permalink)
                                    the ancient mariner

Sushi is blubber.

or bait !!!!

Island Fusion --- no way----Italian is Italian and Hawaiian is Hawaiian
                                    and never the twain shall meet.

I've reported you to the DIVERSITY CZAR in the Federal Government and she has granted you a $20,000, Tax-Free, No Payback Required Scholarship to attend a Federal Diversity School in St Pete. They start each morning singing Kum- Ba- Ya and end each day singing "We are The World"! You will be required to attend until you realize we're all just one big, happy world!

<message edited by Foodbme on Sat, 02/13/10 6:20 PM>

the ancient mariner

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 12:21 PM (permalink)
                                      All meatball sandwichs---no matter what they are called--are great.  Unless,
                                      of course, if they are made by an Irish Mother.  Mine made lousy meatballs. 

Diversity is great---I shall tell my neighbor (from Alabama) about the meeting. 
                                      It's a small world after all.  And growing up in Brooklyn and Queens I was Diversified long before there was a Czar of any kind outside of Russia.

Our Brooklyn apartment building was filled with aromas at dinner time----and they were all different.  Eight apartments and eight different nationalities.  The aromas melded just like us kids did.  We are all God's people----Amen, Brother.

PapaJoe8

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 1:31 PM (permalink)
                                        Ok, it's up to us to bring about world peace. Ohh, if everyone had a meatball slider there would be no need for war. I think we just solved tha problem. Meatball sliders for all!
                                        Joe

Foodbme

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 1:42 PM (permalink)
                                          PapaJoe8

Ok, it's up to us to bring about world peace. Ohh, if everyone had a meatball slider there would be no need for war. I think we just solved tha problem. Meatball sliders for all!
                                          Joe

Right On Joe---Like I always say---- "You can't fire a Bazooka while eating a Slider!"

the ancient mariner

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 2:10 PM (permalink)
                                            So, let me ask you something Texas Papa---how you gonna have world peace when

some veggie eaten babe won't eat no MeatBalls.  And, how about some guy from Peta

throwing mud in the sauce.   Those folks don't want peace, meat balls or not.  They

also listen to Frankie and Do It Their Way.---Regrets I have a few, but then again---

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                              Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 2:52 PM (permalink)
                                              PapaJoe8

Joe

We would all be asleep.

PapaJoe8

Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 3:43 PM (permalink)
                                                Good point NYPN!

Maybe we should ask Paul Ancient One. He wrote that song for Frank.

All we need is a veggie slider recipe. Mushrooms instead of meatballs maybe?
                                                Joe

the ancient mariner

• Location: st petersburg, florida
                                                  Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 4:07 PM (permalink)
                                                  Hey Pops what thinkest thou ---Paul Anchor (or should that be Planker) may have written it, but it would still be laying around gathering musical dust in his garage if Mr Sinatra hadn't recorded it.  Getting Frank to record a song was money
                                                  in the bank, especially this one knowing what a rebel Franky was------and--------no mushroom could ever come close to replacing
                                                  "One Meat Ball"--------you get no bread with one meat ball.  Was that Louie Prima
                                                  or Tony Pastor ???? 

I don't get the "we would all be asleep" reply-------maybe i am asleep. 

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                                                    Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 4:12 PM (permalink)
                                                    It was Josh White.

Little man walked up and down,
                                                    To find an eatin' place in town.
                                                    He looked the menu thru and thru,
                                                    To see what a dollar bill might do.

CHORUS:
                                                    One meat ball,
                                                    One meat ball,
                                                    One meat ball,
                                                    All he could get was one meat ball.

He told that waiter near at hand,
                                                    The simple dinner he had planned.
                                                    The guests were startled one and all,
                                                    To hear that waiter loudly call.

Repeat CHORUS

Little man felt so ill at ease,
                                                    He said: "Some bread Sir, if you please."
                                                    The waiter hollered down the hall:
                                                    You get no bread with your one meat ball.

Little man felt so very bad,
                                                    One meat ball is all he had.
                                                    And in his dreams he can still hear that call
                                                    You get no bread with your one meat ball.
                                                    Hear Josh White:
                                                    http://sso.playme.com/sso/d/s.php?media_type=audio&community_id=20532445&content_id=3932795&id=18915932&wapdld=8069905&getmp3=1&id_leaf=0013&tms=1263918415
                                                    <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Sun, 02/14/10 4:19 PM>

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                                      Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 4:27 PM (permalink)
                                                      PapaJoe8

Good point NYPN!

Maybe we should ask Paul Ancient One. He wrote that song for Frank.

All we need is a veggie slider recipe. Mushrooms instead of meatballs maybe?
                                                      Joe

As long as they are portabellos.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4466
                                                        • Location: Pittston, PA
                                                        Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 4:29 PM (permalink)
                                                        I am far to young to be posting on this thread

PapaJoe8

• Location: Dallas... DFW area
                                                          Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 5:09 PM (permalink)
                                                          Ahh NYPN, yes Portabellos! Portabello subs! May be tha next food craze!

Joe, you are not as young as you think you are. Anyone w/ a daughter in college can post on this thread. :~)
                                                          Joe

the ancient mariner

• Location: st petersburg, florida
                                                            Re:Meat Ball Marinara Sliders Sun, 02/14/10 5:27 PM (permalink)
                                                            How about grand daughters in and outta college already??

Pittston Joe is still a boy.

Thank You Michael Hoffman-----the lyrics are perfect for Valentine's Day----
                                                            a great old love song from the old country.
                                                            You are hereby welcomed into the land of forgotten songs, lyrics and singers.
                                                            Now for a dollar, in another part of town, Ol' Josh cudda gotten hisself
                                                            some Shoo-fly-pie with apple pan doudy,  that woulda filled him up. 

Now Papa---will you forget that mushroom stuff, man, they do not enter the picture when we are talking about meat balls, that includes Porta Bello and all the rest.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 38

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com