The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich

fattybomatty

• Total Posts: 1017
Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Thu, 06/17/10 11:52 AM (permalink)

My sandwich from 2nd street bakery in Jersey City.  It tastes as good as it looks

TnTinCT

Re:Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Thu, 06/17/10 3:28 PM (permalink)
    um - YUM!! Wow that looks like an awesome sandwich. I haven't been able to find a local place that uses decent bread to hold up to great italian ingredients, they all seem to be too white-bready, and not enough chew in the crust. I have bad sandwich-envy right now.

fattybomatty

Re:Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Thu, 06/17/10 3:44 PM (permalink)
      TnTinCT this place bakes its own bread.  It is run by an old school Italian family and the bread is just chewy enough to hold up the sandwich without being too hard.  That's a full size dinner plate that it is sitting across too.  Only $6 for that sandwich.  

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6067
        Re:Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Thu, 06/17/10 4:39 PM (permalink)
        Looks perfect...great looking bread...I too hate white bread type Italian bread!!!

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
          Re:Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Fri, 06/18/10 8:40 PM (permalink)
          I've been there a couple times, and I agree. Great hot subs, and about as old school as it gets. Love it!

Right around the corner is Pecoraro's Bakery (279 Newark Ave) which makes terrific stuffed breads and bakery pizza, but get there early, they often run out by mid morning.  

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
            Re:Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Sat, 06/19/10 9:55 AM (permalink)
            That's a two shirt lunch, the Grinder/Italian roll looks like it is the perfect roll to carry the load of those meatballs. ................I wish the rest of the USA would understand that a great sandwich starts with the Bread/Roll...............BillyB

fattybomatty

Re:Meatball/Italian Sausage Parm Combo Sandwich Sun, 06/20/10 1:12 PM (permalink)
              Ken,

My friend swears Pecoraro's is a front because every time he gets there he doesn't see any bread left.  haha.

Billy B,

The roll really makes or breaks a sandwich.  It needs to hold the sauce and meat without falling apart.  I'm such a sloppy eater that if the roll is weak my shirt will pay the price

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com