Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 39
DLnWPBrown

• Total Posts: 832
Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Tue, 03/3/09 6:44 PM (permalink)
 Hey all,

Buffetbuster will be in Raleigh NC this weekend and we are planning a meet & greet for any Roadfoodies in the area. We are meeting at Barbecue Lodge on Capitol Blvd. in north Raleigh. This place has pretty good BBQ, chicken, slaw, and HOMEADE BANANA PUDDING. They do serve family style and their fried chicken is top notch as well. 

We are planning to meet at 1:00 PM. The address is 4600 Capitol Blvd in the mini city area. If you are not sure where they are located, drop me a line. Hope we can get some people out, if not, we will just sit and eat until we are sick.

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
    Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Tue, 03/3/09 7:24 PM (permalink)

I am trying to convince my Mom to drive up from fayettville to get BB's autograph and/or used napkin { suitable for framing } for me, but she seems to have a prior NASCAR commitment    Guess this apple fell pretty darn FAR from the tree.... Sob!...

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
      Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Tue, 03/3/09 7:29 PM (permalink)
      Someone hide the dinner rolls...

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
        Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Tue, 03/3/09 10:30 PM (permalink)
        AHI MPLS

I am trying to convince my Mom to drive up from fayettville to get BB's autograph and/or used napkin { suitable for framing } for me, but she seems to have a prior NASCAR commitment    Guess this apple fell pretty darn FAR from the tree.... Sob!...

Can you hang on til March 20? Buffetbuster will be in the Twin Cities then.

buffetbuster

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 8:40 AM (permalink)
          DLnWPBrown

This place has pretty good BBQ, chicken, slaw, and HOMEADE BANANA PUDDING.  
          CajunKing, I will be thinking of you while eating that banana puddin'!!!  I sure hope other Roadfooders can come out and join DLnWPBrown and myself for some barbecue!!!

<message edited by buffetbuster on Wed, 03/4/09 8:44 AM>

DLnWPBrown

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 9:54 AM (permalink)
            Any Roodfooders who plan on meeting up ( sorry for short notice ) , drop me a line for driving directions. They are located in a strip mall and it is not too hard to find.

For those wondering, I actually had my wedding rehearsal dinner there 9 years ago yesterday.

Dennis in Cary

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 11:10 AM (permalink)
              There is a 25% chance I may show up....

It depends on the following:

• How ridiculously low will priceline go to accept my ridiculous offer
              Right now they're at $230 r/t including 2 days of car rental
              which seems reasonable to me.

• If the weather forecast here in Rhode Island changes.
              Currently they're predicting freezing rain early friday morning here in Rhode Island which makes me uneasy about going...I will wait until tommorow to see if the forecast changes and/or if the offer is still acceptable at that rate (or lower) 

buffetbuster

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 11:15 AM (permalink)
                WJ-
                You would most definitely be welcome!  But, I know the real reason you are thinking about going.  You want to give Allen & Son a piece of your mind for Travelin Manning you last year!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 11:25 AM (permalink)
                  buffetbuster

WJ-
                  You would most definitely be welcome!  But, I know the real reason you are thinking about going.  You want to give Allen & Son a piece of your mind for Travelin Manning you last year!

Revenge is sweet!

DLnWPBrown

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 2:09 PM (permalink)
                    buffetbuster

WJ-

Okay, so what did I miss??? What did Allen & Son do this time???

Dennis in Cary 

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                      Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 2:38 PM (permalink)
                      DLnWPBrown

buffetbuster

WJ-

Okay, so what did I miss??? What did Allen & Son do this time???

Dennis in Cary

Dennis

Last Year, prior to the Presidents Day Weekend "Glee Club" event in Mobile, I was in Charlotte visiting a friend. I was heading back to Raleigh because I had to fly out of there to head to my next destination. Prior to leaving Charlotte I called Allen and Sons and they assured me that they would be open until 8PM.  I deliberately left Charlotte early (which was a good thing because I missed a hail storm) and when I got to Allen and Sons at 6:30pm they were CLOSED!
                      I think I ended up going to a place called "The BBQ Joint" in Chapel Hill instead.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 3:09 PM (permalink)
                        buffetbuster

DLnWPBrown

CajunKing, I will be thinking of you while eating that banana puddin'!!! 

A(The following post has been edited to make the content PG)HOLE!!! 

It actually sounds like a wonderful meal, I do hope WJ can make it

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 3:21 PM (permalink)
                          CajunKing

buffetbuster

DLnWPBrown

CajunKing, I will be thinking of you while eating that banana puddin'!!! 

A(The following post has been edited to make the content PG)HOLE!!! 

It actually sounds like a wonderful meal, I do hope WJ can make it

The weather for Friday Morning here in RI has been upgraded to "all rain" I still want to wait until tommorow before any decisions are made.

buffetbuster

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 3:29 PM (permalink)
                            WJ-
                            If you decide to fly down, I promise you the best sushi, 5-way chili and lutefisk that Raleigh has to offer!!!

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3663
                              Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 3:40 PM (permalink)
                              buffetbuster

WJ-
                              If you decide to fly down, I promise you the best sushi, 5-way chili and lutefisk that Raleigh has to offer!!!

Offer him a blind date with a stunning thin gal who does a lot of walking and loves real Roadfood and I think he will over look the bad weather.

Paulie

• Total Posts: 119
                                Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 4:41 PM (permalink)
                                Greymo

Offer him a blind date with a stunning thin gal who does a lot of walking and loves real Roadfood and I think he will over look the bad weather.

Why would her looks or weight matter?  WJ's the most open-minded Roadfooder, remember?

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Wed, 03/4/09 4:51 PM (permalink)
                                  Paulie

Greymo

Why would her looks or weight matter?  WJ's the most open-minded Roadfooder, remember?

Open minded with ROADFOOD

Other than that I'm just looking for what I perceive would be my counterpart....

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 8:40 AM (permalink)
                                    I spoke with Buffetbuster last night. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm in, weather for Rhode Island tommorow has been upgraded to a 30% chance of showers.

Priceline gave me  r/t air fare, 2 days of rental and a 2 day hotel stay for $280 (this includes taxes and fees) the down side is I have a 5:30 AM flight tommorow morning into Raleigh and an 8:30 am flight out of Raleigh on Sunday Morning.

I tried to get in touch with my friend in Lincolnton (outside of Charlotte) I was hoping to spend the day with her on Friday, however she didn't return my call. Last time I spoke with her, her parents were visiting for an extended stay.

So it looks like I'm going to try to hit both Skylight Inn in Ayden and Allen and Son's tommorow.

buffetbuster

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 8:45 AM (permalink)
                                      Well, we are up to three for lunch at Barbecue Lodge, DLnWPBrown, wanderingjew and myself.  Anyone else?

AaronM

• Total Posts: 196
                                        Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 9:58 AM (permalink)
                                        I would LOVE to be there. My Grandmother lives in Cary and I visit her about twice a year. Alas, I can't make it down there.

Dannis, have you ever had Salvio's pizza?

The Travelin Man

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 11:16 AM (permalink)
                                          You guys are making me very jealous, as the Raleigh-Chapel Hill area is one of my favorites. 

If someone can promise me an extra ticket to the Carolina-Duke game, then I'm in.  The game is Sunday afternoon at 4 pm.  I am sure that finding an extra ticket won't be a problem - though, I hear demand may be a little extra high for this year's Senior Night game with Mike Copeland and Bobby Frasor among the honorees!

buffetbuster

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 11:19 AM (permalink)
                                            TTM-
                                            Show up and I will be happy to buy you a Duke t-shirt!

DLnWPBrown

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 11:21 AM (permalink)
                                              AaronM

I would LOVE to be there. My Grandmother lives in Cary and I visit her about twice a year. Alas, I can't make it down there.

Dannis, have you ever had Salvio's pizza?

Hey AaronM, I live right around the corner from Salvio's. They are at the corner of Old Apex & Cary Parkw,y. I live just up the road off of Cary Parkway. 

Salvio's has some of the best pizza I have had around here.

BTW, I have convinced my wife to come out with us Saturday... she would be upset if I went without her as she loves their banana pudding as much as I do. So we are up to 4 now.

Denni sin Cary

<message edited by DLnWPBrown on Thu, 03/5/09 11:23 AM>

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 11:25 AM (permalink)
                                                The Travelin Man

You guys are making me very jealous, as the Raleigh-Chapel Hill area is one of my favorites. 

If someone can promise me an extra ticket to the Carolina-Duke game, then I'm in. 

uh-oh!!

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                                                  • Location: Fox River Valley, IL
                                                  Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 12:43 PM (permalink)
                                                  Hey, maybe you guys have this posted in the wrong spot, I just noticed it by accident when I scrolled through All Forums and looked at the column on the right with Last Post. I think all the meet up have been in the Miscellanous - Food Related section. You'll get more of a draw there.
                                                  <message edited by kland01s on Thu, 03/5/09 12:47 PM>

DLnWPBrown

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Thu, 03/5/09 4:01 PM (permalink)
                                                    How do I repost this?

Dennis in Cary

DLnWPBrown

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Fri, 03/6/09 8:46 AM (permalink)
                                                      Just a reminder that both buffetbuster & wanderingjew will be in the Raleight area tomorrow.  If you'd like to join us for luch Saturday we will be at the Barbeque Lodge @ 1:00 Saturday.

Dennis in Cary

The Travelin Man

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Fri, 03/6/09 8:53 AM (permalink)
                                                        buffetbuster

TTM-

If you would have said a "DUCK FOOK" shirt, you might have had a deal.

DLnWPBrown

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Fri, 03/6/09 12:15 PM (permalink)
                                                          The Travelin Man

buffetbuster

TTM-

If you would have said a "DUCK FOOK" shirt, you might have had a deal.

Damn, Wnedy and I could have worn our Cameron Crazies shirts just for you Traveling Man. I am looking forward to meeting Cliff and Dale  tomorrow though. I am making an open invitation to all Roodfooers that if you come to the area, let me know and we can try and get together while you are here. Hell, if you're nice enough with the gifts ( LOL ) I might even break down and cook for you myself.

Dennis in Cary 
                                                          <message edited by DLnWPBrown on Fri, 03/6/09 12:17 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:Meet & greet w/BuffetbusterMarch 7th - Raleigh NC Fri, 03/6/09 12:30 PM (permalink)
                                                            I just spoke to wanderingjew and he is off and running, with a meal at Allen & Son already under his belt.   

<message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 03/6/09 12:31 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com