Memorial Day BBQ

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13500
2003/05/18 08:41:15 (permalink)

Memorial Day BBQ

When life gives you lemon's, you make lemonaide. I had a huge family get-together planed for Memorial day and unfortunately this past Thursday evening, an F1 tornado hit my lot. Just about all trees down that were huge. We had three episodes of hail that lasted about one hour, now my Memorial Day event will be escalated as we will have no power for at least another week. That will force a cook out instead of a cook in. The F1 ripped the power pole in half.

Now I will get out the smoker, grill and will do brisket, pork butte, ribs, chicken and burgers.

I will use the turkey fryer to fry my seasoned potatoes.

It is now sunday morning and I am camping out at the Residence Inn.

I sorta feel like Job in the bible because in the last month, we have had 15 inches of rain which caused the Tennessee River to flood my lot and dock, an earthquake and the last was a tornado. I do not know what to expect next, but I am gonna start living better

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

8 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15278
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/18 10:02:33 (permalink)
    Well, There goes my planned visit to Tennessee!! Sheesch, Paul, I can send down a case of MRE's, the ultimate roadfood...Just ask the 101st Airborne!! I am sure your family would enjoy the scrambled eggs and diced ham !!
    A brighter week is ahead according to the weather Channel.
    kdiammond
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 133
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/18 11:13:17 (permalink)
    Paul-- God bless and keep you! With a roadfooder and cook like you I imagine that eating in the middle of a swamp would be a serious pleasure. Save me a plate.
    Keller
    Jennifer_4
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1510
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/18 20:02:29 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

When life gives you lemon's, you make lemonaide. I had a huge family get-together planed for Memorial day and unfortunately this past Thursday evening, an F1 tornado hit my lot. Just about all trees down that were huge. We had three episodes of hail that lasted about one hour, now my Memorial Day event will be escalated as we will have no power for at least another week. That will force a cook out instead of a cook in. The F1 ripped the power pole in half.

Now I will get out the smoker, grill and will do brisket, pork butte, ribs, chicken and burgers.

I will use the turkey fryer to fry my seasoned potatoes.

It is now sunday morning and I am camping out at the Residence Inn.

I sorta feel like Job in the bible because in the last month, we have had 15 inches of rain which caused the Tennessee River to flood my lot and dock, an earthquake and the last was a tornado. I do not know what to expect next, but I am gonna start living better

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

God bless and best wishes for brighter days! (it's NOT off topic Stephen....)
    rumbelly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 235
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/18 21:54:06 (permalink)
    Paul;
    So sorry to hear. Remember Job got it all back and more.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/19 11:51:43 (permalink)
    So sorry Paul, I can't imagine going through that, but it's good to see you are carrying on! I hope it's the best barbeque ever.
    CheeseWit
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1393
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/19 16:03:47 (permalink)
    Paul, things will get better. You will be stronger from all this and your Memorial Day BBQ will be...memorable. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and with all of those who lost possessions and worse, loved ones.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2880
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/25 06:00:01 (permalink)
    Geez, you deserve the ROADFOOD medal of honor...I can't believe you're still having your BBQ! Did the tornado take the potato salad? I can just see them evacuating everyone, and you running back to heroically rescue your smoker. I feel like such a wimp now for worrying about whether my new home is in shape enough to host a BBQ. I think I will have a BBQ after all, just because you have totally inspired me by your courage to "Q".
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15278
    RE: Memorial Day BBQ 2003/05/25 06:26:03 (permalink)
    Elise,
    Remember the old saying...If life gives you some lemons, make lemonade???Well Paul uses, If life gives you some downed trees, make Hickory Smoke !
    (To Paul) Hang in there neighbor, I hear the good weather is just around the corner! We will keep an eye out for your dock when we get to the confluence of the OHIO and MISSISSIPPI tomorrow morning!! It should have come about that far downstream by now.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1