The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Menu Items

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 36 of 36
dogmeat

RE: Menu Items Fri, 07/8/05 10:25 PM (permalink)
What are the tenderloins costing per pound? Is this product different from what you use for "normal" chicken breasts? Try offering them on top of a salad and maybe a grilled version of the appetizer so that you would have four opportunities to move the same product-fried app,grilled app,fried salad topping,grilled salad topping. The public is chicken crazy.

nvb

• Total Posts: 468
    RE: Menu Items Fri, 07/8/05 10:47 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wheregreggeats.com

Unless a picture is taken professionally -- with a food stylist, the result might hamper your marketing effort.

I took the pics and I'm no food stylist, but it seems to be paying off. Over the last month we've only lost a pound or so because of the way we're frying up the tenders. I've also made the decision to not buy breasts any longer and serve only the tenderloins.

quote:
    Originally posted by dogmeat

What are the tenderloins costing per pound? Is this product different from what you use for "normal" chicken breasts? Try offering them on top of a salad and maybe a grilled version of the appetizer so that you would have four opportunities to move the same product-fried app,grilled app,fried salad topping,grilled salad topping. The public is chicken crazy.

Monday I paid $1.95 a pound and we're doing exactly as you suggest. They cook faster than the breasts and they work great on a plate or the salad. And maybe putting them on "special" with the free drink hasn't hurt, either. It's nice to not to have to throw them away

stridge

• Total Posts: 63
      RE: Menu Items Sat, 07/9/05 9:40 AM (permalink)
      Another thing you may want to do is change the name to someting like "chicken fingers" or "rooster ribs"

nvb

• Total Posts: 468
        RE: Menu Items Sat, 07/9/05 4:38 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by stridge

Another thing you may want to do is change the name to someting like "chicken fingers" or "rooster ribs"

Chicken fingers? Maybe, but rooster ribs.

Thanks for the thought.

txtwister

• Total Posts: 259
          RE: Menu Items Tue, 07/12/05 4:17 PM (permalink)
          I'm glad to read that your solution is working out well - I've been in a similar situation in the past (smallish TX town cafe type setting) and trying to find "just" the right blend for any given day can (and did, in my case!) make a person crazy.

chefmichael

• Total Posts: 4
            RE: Menu Items Sat, 08/13/05 9:23 PM (permalink)
            A restaurent is a business. after all it's the bottom line that lets you come back and try something new.

I had a restaurent for 13 years that was very successful, and we used a gaint calkboard as a menu that i chaged as other as every week if something didn't sell. I always like to try new stuff esecially when an ingredient was in season are at a good market pric.e

I found that the only way to make it work was to take off tems that where popular but unprofiable. Then people felt as if they had to choose something else.

i had a really stong reputation and dazzling reveiw that allowed me to do this. I always offered customers a bite of something when they first sat, pates,bread, homemake butter...something.

regardless if this was a good business decision it the way I wanted to opperate so I was luckey

chefmichael

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 36 of 36

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com