Menu Items

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
dogmeat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
RE: Menu Items 2005/07/08 22:25:23 (permalink)
What are the tenderloins costing per pound? Is this product different from what you use for "normal" chicken breasts? Try offering them on top of a salad and maybe a grilled version of the appetizer so that you would have four opportunities to move the same product-fried app,grilled app,fried salad topping,grilled salad topping. The public is chicken crazy.
nvb
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 468
RE: Menu Items 2005/07/08 22:47:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by wheregreggeats.com

Unless a picture is taken professionally -- with a food stylist, the result might hamper your marketing effort.

I took the pics and I'm no food stylist, but it seems to be paying off. Over the last month we've only lost a pound or so because of the way we're frying up the tenders. I've also made the decision to not buy breasts any longer and serve only the tenderloins.

quote:
Originally posted by dogmeat

What are the tenderloins costing per pound? Is this product different from what you use for "normal" chicken breasts? Try offering them on top of a salad and maybe a grilled version of the appetizer so that you would have four opportunities to move the same product-fried app,grilled app,fried salad topping,grilled salad topping. The public is chicken crazy.

Monday I paid $1.95 a pound and we're doing exactly as you suggest. They cook faster than the breasts and they work great on a plate or the salad. And maybe putting them on "special" with the free drink hasn't hurt, either. It's nice to not to have to throw them away

stridge
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: Menu Items 2005/07/09 09:40:28 (permalink)
Another thing you may want to do is change the name to someting like "chicken fingers" or "rooster ribs"
nvb
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 468
RE: Menu Items 2005/07/09 16:38:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stridge

Another thing you may want to do is change the name to someting like "chicken fingers" or "rooster ribs"

Chicken fingers? Maybe, but rooster ribs. " />

Thanks for the thought.
txtwister
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 259
RE: Menu Items 2005/07/12 16:17:58 (permalink)
I'm glad to read that your solution is working out well - I've been in a similar situation in the past (smallish TX town cafe type setting) and trying to find "just" the right blend for any given day can (and did, in my case!) make a person crazy.
chefmichael
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Menu Items 2005/08/13 21:23:34 (permalink)
A restaurent is a business. after all it's the bottom line that lets you come back and try something new.

I had a restaurent for 13 years that was very successful, and we used a gaint calkboard as a menu that i chaged as other as every week if something didn't sell. I always like to try new stuff esecially when an ingredient was in season are at a good market pric.e

I found that the only way to make it work was to take off tems that where popular but unprofiable. Then people felt as if they had to choose something else.

i had a really stong reputation and dazzling reveiw that allowed me to do this. I always offered customers a bite of something when they first sat, pates,bread, homemake butter...something.

regardless if this was a good business decision it the way I wanted to opperate so I was luckey

chefmichael
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1