Meta Tags

Author
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3716
2012/08/17 14:43:47 (permalink)

Meta Tags

Is there anyone here that can help me with Meta Tags for a web site? It's for my pork injector site. I'm looking for some one that can look at the product, site and write what it'll take to bring it into the top 3 on Google.
jack

22 Replies Related Threads

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2111
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 16:41:36 (permalink)
    I think you are referring to the 'keyword' meta tag.   The major search engines don't use those any more.

But you can open similar web pages by competitors (page source) and see the words they used.   Copy these to your page and add any other that may be needed.

Your web page is already being indexed by the search bots, so have a link to the pork injector site.
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 16:54:42 (permalink)
    Your web page is already being indexed by the search bots, so have a link to the pork injector site.

Already did that (link on home page)  but with Firefox by hitting Control U on one site the index says:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title>BBQ Injector</title> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Competition BBQ Secrets - BBQ Injector."> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="bbq injector, barbecue injector"> <style id="NOF_STYLE_SHEET">

on the other it reads:
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" /> <meta name="generator" content="vBulletin 3.8.7" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js"></script> <meta name="keywords" content="bbq pitmasters,pitmasters,bbq,barbecue,bandera smoker,pizza,competition bbq,
    klose BYC,competition Barbecue,competition Barbeque,backyard chef,weber kettle,BBQ,new braunfels,bar-b-que,weber,grilling,outdoor cooking,hondo,silver smoker,black diamond,bbq,bbq,klose,bbq pit, smokers, smoker, BBQ,bar-b-que, barbeque,barbque,smoke,cooking wood, weber,weber kettle,wsm, weber smokey mountain, bandera,Brinkman smoke king, Smoke king,Smoke King Deluxe,american gourmet smoker,UDS, Ugly Drum Smoker, BGE, Big Green Egg, Green Egg, great outdoors smoker" /> <meta name="description" content="The BBQ Brethren Forums. The Premiere BBQ Knowledge base on the Internet." /> <!-- CSS Stylesheet -->

So lol tell me what to use or should I copy it word for word?  
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 17:05:25 (permalink)
    I would try to use every word there (or as many as possible)...in an informative engaging description of the pork injector.

Attention PItmasters BBQ enthusiasts (and every other title) Introducing the Pork Injector. The first (what is is with every word there) What does it do...you ask? (hit those descriptors) The results!! You'll have (plump juicy every other mouth-watering word). How it saves time money quick easy indoor outdoor for every day and holiday...from Sunday Pork Chicken Beef to Thanksgiving Turkey Christmas this and that. Saves time saves money EASY to use and the coolest gadget ever made.

Marinate/marinade inject brine with wine juice soda beer (and whatever else you can use) in minutes not hours with the same recipe that's been in your family for years...or explore a new exciting culinary adventure!!! Now it's possible with the Pork Injector!!!!

Whether you live in the Smoky Mountains or New York City...the Pork Injector will do for you what no other injector in the marketplace can do. The Pork Injector is constructed with (you lose me there) and will last a lifetime!!! The best BBQ or Kitchen tool money can buy. The best investment you will ever make.

Before you strike up the Big Green Egg Weber whatever etc etc make sure you have a Pork Injector.

Call now operators are standing by!

The BBQ Brethren will love the pork injector. Getting people to talk about your stuff will make the iron very hot. Show them the Grillzillla if they never saw it before...and they will be your best friends!!!
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/08/17 17:39:25
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 18:52:06 (permalink)
    Call now operators are standing by!

That's funny
    thanks
    jack
    edwmax
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 18:58:43 (permalink)
    Dr of BBQ

..... <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="bbq injector, barbecue injector"> <style id="NOF_STYLE_SHEET">

...... <meta name="keywords" content="bbq pitmasters,pitmasters,bbq,barbecue,bandera smoker,pizza,competition bbq,
    klose BYC,competition Barbecue,competition Barbeque,backyard chef,weber kettle,BBQ,new braunfels,bar-b-que,weber,grilling,outdoor cooking,hondo,silver smoker,black diamond,bbq,bbq,klose,bbq pit, smokers, smoker, BBQ,bar-b-que, barbeque,barbque,smoke,cooking wood, weber,weber kettle,wsm, weber smokey mountain, bandera,Brinkman smoke king, Smoke king,Smoke King Deluxe,american gourmet smoker,UDS, Ugly Drum Smoker, BGE, Big Green Egg, Green Egg, great outdoors smoker" />   ....

So lol tell me what to use or should I copy it word for word?  

You are dealing with the 'keyword' descriptor,  use those.  Just copy and past into your web page.  Add any other that you feel would be helpful.

The <META NAME="description"   ... shows up as the description displayed by the search engine (usually, not always).  So this need to be as you want it and (I tink) 155 characters or less (including spaces).
    edwmax
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 19:05:50 (permalink)
    Oh  ... add 'Dr of BBQ' at the start of the keywords.    The page will come up anytime someone searches your name.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/17 21:52:10 (permalink)
    Dr of BBQ presents the Pork Injector...
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/18 21:46:58 (permalink)
    One thing that may be a factor in climbing the charts is that Ray Lampe (Dr BBQ) has a recipe for pork injection in one of his cookbooks and people asking a question on forums or during a recipe search refer to it at times as Dr. BBQ's pork injector. That comes up early when a search of Dr of BBQ pork injector is done.

http://www.google.com/sea...-8&hl=en&client=safari
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/08/18 21:54:43
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/18 22:57:33 (permalink)
    Well the injecter has never been connected to Dr of BBQ. It has a separate web page all it's own. www.Porkinjecter.com

But I'm getting calls from all over the country asking about it and they are all from someone posting a picture on facebook. I wish like hell I could find it or the posting on facebook.
    jack
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/18 23:02:01 (permalink)
    I'd do keyword-related searches...and go to images and see if you can nail it. I will give it a try. That's often the quickest way to find something like this situation.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 00:16:39 (permalink)
    Doing a search for pork injector under images this link as an image and has a photo of your pork injector from the YouTube video with the title This is the "worlds best and fastest meat injector" and leads to this site...

http://article.wn.com/vie..._case_for_eating_meat/

Here's the image...

http://www.google.com/sea...N&biw=480&bih=268#i=24
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/08/19 00:20:49
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 07:29:32 (permalink)
    I searched Google images and went thru 60 some pages and can't find it. I think it's on facebook somewhere. But that information came from someone not very web savvy.

CC your link just went to the Google start page. But thank you for trying to help.

Jack

edwmax
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 10:54:09 (permalink)
    I just did a google search for ‘pork injector’, your website was #3.

2 teaspoons kosher salt 1 (6 to 8-pound) pork butt
    www.porkinjector.com/
    You can go on line and read 1000 different opinions about marinating meat. Most read like this: "One of the simplest ways to flavor meat is to marinate it. That is ... ’

I opened the web page and then looked at the page source.  I see you did not use the meta tag description (line 9).   I suggest adding a basic description of the injector (not keywords).   … As you can see, because the description was empty, the search engine then used the first 155 characters of text (body).   … Not all search engines will use the descriptor meta tag, so a work around can be made by quoting the description just below the page title as a quick description of the injector and web page.

I also see the first meta tag keywords line was blank (line 10) and a second was added (line 12).   Delete the blank keyword line.  This may cause a search engine to ignore the second line.

Below is an example of a description.   The character & space count is 149.

“Auto Pump Injector System for marinating large pieces of meat. A case of pork can be injected in less time than it takes to remove the shrink-wrap.”

The ‘abstract’ tag is basically like a description tag, but is used by the search engine for indexing.   “Auto Pump Injector for marinating large pieces of meat for BBQ Pit Masters, competition teams, & home BBQ Cooks”

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 10:59:22 (permalink)
    Here's the image that I found by a search...

That just looks like the image on your page from the youtube video. But..it comes up as an image. Some BBQ person may have found it and put it on Facebook as a look at this cool tool or something.
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/08/19 11:12:19
    edwmax
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 11:19:09 (permalink)
    Oh   … add these meta tags:

<meta name="copyright" content="Dr of BBQ, 2012" />
    <meta name="revisit" content="14 days" />

The revisit tell the search engine to re-index the page every 14 days (or 20, 30 your choice).

Remove the ‘ships UPS’ from the keywords.  I don’t think anyone would actually search the term.

Keywords:   Smoke, Marinate, Brine, brisket, pork, ribs, babyback, chicken, Injector, injection, Auto Injector, BBQ, Bar-B-Que, pulled pork, Competition BBQ, Dr of BBQ, slow cook, pitmaster, pit BBQ, Pit Boss, BBQ Recipes, Marinate Recipes

... ok, just my 2 cents ...

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 11:25:48 (permalink)
    Great advice!
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 12:44:42 (permalink)
    edwmax I just did a google search for ‘pork injector’, your website was #3.

Yes and it just dawned on me that most people won't do a search for "pork Injector" because until mine there wasn't any such thing. Prior to mine there were only needles and hand held injectors refereed to as meat injectors. So that presents a problem to start with. So I just bought PorkInjection.com and Porkinjectionrecipes.com and my plan is to point them both at www.porkinjector.com. Does that make sense? LOL Or did I just waste my money. LOL

And I sent you an IM about taking this on as a project.

thanks
    jack 

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 13:21:41 (permalink)
    It's a small investment that serves a good purpose. Many times people register domain names as a reaction to seeing a new business or item on the market...anticipating that eventually it will be very valuable for the business owner or inventor of the product.

When it's time to negotiate...the price can be hefty. It also avoids confusion when people are looking for the item...come close...only find a "parked" site that has no information about the item...and think it's no longer in production... out of business etc.

For $2 a pop a good way to control/protect the perimeter and direct traffic...

https://www.register.com/...n5mc9LECFYhM4Aod1wgAIw
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2012/08/19 13:37:10
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 13:45:46 (permalink)
    Ok so I just bought
    Porkinjector.com

PORKINJECTION.INFO

PORKINJECTIONRECIPE.COM

PORKINJECTIONRECIPE.INFO

INJECTINGMEAT.COM

INJECTINGMEAT.INFO

MARINATEPORK.COM

MARINATEPORK.INFO

INJECTINGTURKEY.COM

INJECTINGTURKEY.INFO
    edwmax
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 14:51:51 (permalink)
    Dr of BBQ

edwmax I just did a google search for ‘pork injector’, your website was #3.

Yes and it just dawned on me that most people won't do a search for "pork Injector" because until mine there wasn't any such thing. Prior to mine there were only needles and hand held injectors refereed to as meat injectors. So that presents a problem to start with. So I just bought PorkInjection.com and Porkinjectionrecipes.com and my plan is to point them both at www.porkinjector.com. Does that make sense? LOL Or did I just waste my money. LOL

And I sent you an IM about taking this on as a project.

thanks
    jack 

But if they have seen or heard of one and wanted info or to buy, they would.  ... or just remember Dr of BBQ, they would.   A lot of keywords wont really help, so just use the essential ones.
    roadkillgrill
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 179
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/19 15:31:17 (permalink)
    If you want to search a particular site enter it this way in the search field to just search facebook
    Pork injector site:facebook.com
    I did it but I didnt know what I was looking for
    jessicasmith
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:Meta Tags 2012/08/21 04:21:57 (permalink)
    It's tags or keywords.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1