The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Metro Miami's 2 new splendid hot dog experiences

jonjax71

• Total Posts: 435
Metro Miami's 2 new splendid hot dog experiences Mon, 07/27/09 10:09 AM (permalink)
In the past when I've had a desire for a decent hot dog while visiting my in-laws in So Fl, I've visited Arbetter's as they have great steamed hot dogs or the Dogma Grill for grilled NY or Chi Town dogs

Me wife and I were in So Fl last week to attend services for her favorite auntie who suddently passed away at 93 years young, a former Garvey-ite whose mid was sharp and clear with outstanding full recollection until the very end

Anyhow, while watching the Travel Channel's Hot Dog Paradise show on Thursday night we saw them visit a new hot dog eatery with 2 locations, one in Downtown Miami open only Mon thru Friday since it is across the street from the court house on Flager and another one in the Dolphin Mall west of MIA in Miami Springs, the place is Frankitude. We were intrigued enough to pack a van full of nephews and nieces and the 9 of us took a trip from North Miami to the Dolphin Mall on Saturday afternoon to check it out

They have several styles of franks, beef, pork, salmon, hot links with an amazing array of serving choices, with a salad bar with dozens of toppings, they serve the franks in a wrap, in a tortilla bowl, I saw one platter with sliced franks served on top of fries, on a panini etc however the most bizarre and unique topping choice was Cuban style black beans, only in Miami

It was excellent and unlike any other hot dog stand I've been to anywhere in the country since the 1970s. Highly reccomended  I predict there will soon be knock offs of Frankitude around the country. Frankitude and Pollo Tropical are now the only 2 eateries of So Fl along with Hammond's Jamaican Bakery and their tremendous patties, second only to my wife's homemade ones, that we wish had locations here in So Cal, other than that we are extrmely happy to be back in Southern California and away from the madness of South Florida which seems to deteriorate more and  more every year we visit

MiamiDon

Re:Metro Miami's 2 new splendid hot dog experiences Tue, 07/28/09 12:04 PM (permalink)
    For photos and some more information about the two aforementioned hot dog joints, look at the beginning and the end of this thread.

By the way, there were four Franktitudes when the owner opened them a couple of years ago.  Three of those closed, leaving the downtown one alone for a while.  The Dolphin mall location opened last year, and seemed busy the two times that I was there.  Mall vending is tough, because the malls generally require long hours seven days per week.
    <message edited by MiamiDon on Tue, 07/28/09 12:08 PM>

mar52

• Total Posts: 7598
      Re:Metro Miami's 2 new splendid hot dog experiences Tue, 07/28/09 1:08 PM (permalink)
      Jonjax, if you really like hot dogs try my new favorite:

http://www.fabhotdogs.com/FD_FoodMenu1.html

They use Thurmann's dogs!

Running any business in a Mall is tough.  You have to obey by the Mall's rules.  Can't be late opening or you'll be fined.  Can't close early.
      Can't take a day off and they take a cut of your profits besides charging you rent, insurance and parking.

Better to make it on your own.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com