Mexican/Central American/Caribbean Tour in Chicago

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 706
Re:Mexican/Central American/Caribbean Tour in Chicago 2009/06/21 01:15:57 (permalink)
Got it, starting it now...
peppercrane
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:Mexican/Central American/Caribbean Tour in Chicago 2011/03/02 01:52:24 (permalink)
Chanced upon this thread while searching for Irazu, which happens to be my favorite restaurant. Hope you can have that again in the offing and I'll sure take part.
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4229
Re:Mexican/Central American/Caribbean Tour in Chicago 2011/03/02 15:12:26 (permalink)
peppercrane,
That tour was just one of many organized by a group of us like minded Roadfooders in the Milwaukee/Chicago area.  We call ourselves The Contingent, and we get together on a semi-regular basis in either city (and occasionally elsewhere--south central Wisconsin and Madison have also been Contingent targets) and explore the hidden and lesser known culinary gems offered.  Sometimes (usually) it involves a full day with multiple stops, sometimes it is more of a one stop gathering where we can sit and socialize for an afternoon or evening.

It just so happens I will soon be announcing a new tour to take place sometime this Spring.  There will be five or six stops, all in the Chicago area, all places with little or no seating area.  We take the food out to the street and dine "ala trunk", as in, "laid out on the trunk of someone's car".  When we've finished sampling the wares of one spot, we move on to the next one.  It's all very informal and great fun.

I see by your profile that you're located in LA.  How often do you get into town to visit Irazu (also one of my favorites)?  How much notice would you need to join our upcoming (but as yet unscheduled) Spring Tour?  Although we're defined by our local members, we've hosted Roadfood visitors from all over the country.  buffetbuster, The Travelin Man, wanderingjew, and Mayor Al, to name a few, have all been given honorary Contingent status.  We'd love to have you join us on one of our events--especially if you bring a suitcase full of Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles with you!

Buddy
DEEPAK12
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Flagged as Spam (3)
Re:Mexican/Central American/Caribbean Tour in Chicago 2011/03/11 14:34:31 (permalink)
Give you the confidence you need to win your case. You never want to try and represent yourself. You'll be completely out of your element in that courtroom. You'll be second guessing and coming off as completely unsure of yourself. On the other hand, when you hire a good accident lawyer, he'll exude confidence in the courtroom, setting you up to win your case.

stricken_detective
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:Mexican/Central American/Caribbean Tour in Chicago 2011/03/13 17:28:44 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
It just so happens I will soon be announcing a new tour to take place sometime this Spring.  There will be five or six stops, all in the Chicago area, all places with little or no seating area.  We take the food out to the street and dine "ala trunk", as in, "laid out on the trunk of someone's car".  When we've finished sampling the wares of one spot, we move on to the next one.  It's all very informal and great fun.

Ahem.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1