The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Miami Subs

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
Miami Subs Thu, 06/8/06 9:33 AM (permalink)
I had a Nathan’s dog and well done fries at the local Miami Subs for lunch yesterday, pretty good. Their cheese steaks aren’t too bad either, not like in Philly but will do in a pinch. I remember when the one’s in south Florida had $100.00 bottles of Champaign for the late night crowd; wonder if they still do?

John

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
    RE: Miami Subs Thu, 06/8/06 5:03 PM (permalink)
    I liked going to miami subs unfortunately the ones I know of in jacksonville have gone the way of the dinosaurs. The cheesesteaks were as good as many Ive had in the philly area (I was an early morning(2-3am) regular at pats)were it seems every little sandwich/pizza shop has it's own version. Miami Subs at least has a clue which can't be said for the supposed cheesesteaks offered by subway, larry's giant or arby's, they may be edible but are IMHO cheesesteaks in name only

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
      RE: Miami Subs Thu, 06/8/06 6:24 PM (permalink)
      My first cheesesteak was at the Miami Subs In Marathon, Fl, back in 1990... Loved it..

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
        RE: Miami Subs Thu, 06/8/06 6:38 PM (permalink)
        There was one of these on the corner of Holden Road and High Point Road in Greensboro. My apartment was a "stonesthrow" away (in quotes, because the complex was called Stonesthrow Apartments) The Miami Sub place was bad. Food was mediocre and it wasn't always real clean. It looked like they had just been hit with a ton of people but hadn't cleaned up yet...but, they hadn't really had that kind of a swarm of people.

I know we've had our Jersey Mike conversation, but this is a good example of how one location can differ from the next. The Jersey Mike's that I praised was basically acorss the street, and was a million times better than Miami Subs. Jersey Mike's was really good and Miami Subs was exceedingly bad.

I'd be willing to bet, that in another town the opposite was true. But that's the coin toss of some chains I guess.

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
          RE: Miami Subs Fri, 06/9/06 9:35 AM (permalink)
          Only time I've had Miami Subs was at an airport (I think WPB but it could have been any of the SoFla airports) so that's a big qualifier. But it was the worst sub I've ever had. Made me long for my junior high cafeteria. And my family in Miami won't go near the place. So I won't be going back.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com