Miami Valley Prestige Dining Club Log

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
LeadBelly
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 93
Re:Miami Valley Prestige Dining Club Log 2010/03/03 22:20:46 (permalink)
It could be that on a real crappy night the head cook never made it in. So the food which might have ordinarily been good had been undercooked or just prepared kind of lousy by someone who had just a brief idea of what to do. But the hostess who seats you in a spot convenient for her but not comfortable for you and then proceeds to treat you lousy.... there is just no reason for that. Especially on a night when you might be her only money. This kind of thing makes no sense and gives you no reason to return. 
LeadBelly
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 93
Re:Miami Valley Prestige Dining Club Log 2010/03/03 22:43:11 (permalink)
The rice was really, really bland and after 1 bite I vowed not to eat anymore.
The huevos con chorizo were ok but lacking any kind of distinct flavor.

I've eaten at some not great Mexican places but the fact that the rice was really bland, the chorizo had no distinct flavor and even the salsa had no real bite is kind of strange. Bad cooking like the over dry pork, that's one thing, but bland Mexican is weird. Maybe they turned the flavor down so low for the gringo taste buds that they shut off the spices altogether. At least the price was right. 

I think you had an early run of decent food but you are on a skid with the last three. Have to break out of this mini slump. You must endure, you must continue, you must have the savings continue to grow.

(edited to remove some kind of strange font language)
post edited by LeadBelly - 2010/03/03 22:45:00
Soccer862923
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 208
Re:Miami Valley Prestige Dining Club Log 2010/03/04 09:56:58 (permalink)
LeadBelly

The rice was really, really bland and after 1 bite I vowed not to eat anymore.
The huevos con chorizo were ok but lacking any kind of distinct flavor.

I've eaten at some not great Mexican places but the fact that the rice was really bland, the chorizo had no distinct flavor and even the salsa had no real bite is kind of strange. Bad cooking like the over dry pork, that's one thing, but bland Mexican is weird. Maybe they turned the flavor down so low for the gringo taste buds that they shut off the spices altogether. At least the price was right. 

I think you had an early run of decent food but you are on a skid with the last three. Have to break out of this mini slump. You must endure, you must continue, you must have the savings continue to grow.

(edited to remove some kind of strange font language)

Haha. Thanks for the encouragement. I initially thought it was great that I would find many more new great places but I have quickly found out that not all small places are that good. My previous experience with most have been positive but this I guess helps balance it out. They all can't be knockouts right?

I've already saved over $50 with taking out the original amount that the card cost, so regardless I will consider it a success, but I hope I find some new sources of good food or this could turn less fun really fast.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1