Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef

Author
EatingTheRoad
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1205
2009/11/19 11:25:20 (permalink)

Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef

The upcoming edition of Men's Health has a great couple articles by famed foodies about "man food". Michael talks about Johnnie's Italian beef sandwich and mentions the beef on weck from Charlie the Butcher's Kitchen, the  cheesesteak from Steve's Prince of Steaks and the Muffuletta at Central Grocery. There's also a recipe:
Michael's Article

There are also articles from:
Ed Levine on Pizzeria Bianco
Todd Kilman on El Pollo Rico
George Motz on Apple Pan
Jonathon Gold on Lupe's Hot Dog Stand
David Leite on Abbot's Lobster in the Rough
Robb Walsh on Molina's Cantina
Jeffrey Steingarten on Carnevino

Enjoy!

7 Replies Related Threads

wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4606
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 12:26:13 (permalink)
    A message to our new member, EatingTheRoad ... I can understand when you first signed that you may have wanted to be somewhat clandestine ... but you are becoming an esteemed member of RF and I respectfully suggest that you replace the "glib" "Interweb" Location ID to something more tangible.

I know I refrain from responding to contributions, even when they are as valid as so many of yours have been, when there feels like there is a veil of subterfuge.

Respectfully'

WGE

EatingTheRoad
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 12:52:26 (permalink)
    WGE, it's not an effort to be clandestine, it's for lack of location

I'm roadtripping right now and have been on the west coast, in the south, in the north east, in the midwest...I'm kinda all over the place and moving around. I've also lived in the west, south, mid west....where shall I put my location as? I figure Interwebs is probably the most accurate right now

Shall I change it as I roam?
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7749
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 13:18:12 (permalink)
    I guess what WGE is trying to say, is surely you must have a stable home base- a job, a house, perhaps a family,  someplace where you have spent the majority of your life in the more recent past. Some of us do quite a bit of roadtripping, but ultimately there's still a place that we return to that we call "home".
    EatingTheRoad
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 14:19:23 (permalink)
    WGE and WJ, understood. I have updated my location.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10200
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 14:22:56 (permalink)
    Nice article Michael!  Travelin Man and myself visited Johnnie's for the first time this past Spring and we loved the place.  Pure Roadfood!

Thanks for posting the link ETR.
    jm199
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 218
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 14:52:50 (permalink)
    I wholeheartedly agree with Todd Kilman's review of El Pollo Rico.  I used to eat there several times a week when I lived in Northern Virginia. It is soooooo addictive---and the term "crack chicken" makes me laguh and crave it at the same time.
    Ahi Mpls.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re:Michael Stern in December Men's Heath on Johnnie's Italian Beef 2009/11/19 14:58:28 (permalink)
     Very nice Mr. Stern ! I love that the picture is a big ol' hunk o meat!!  ETR: I for one ejoyed the mystery & intrigue!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1