Microsoft Streets and Trips Template

Author
Blower
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 69
2006/03/10 00:12:17 (permalink)

Microsoft Streets and Trips Template

I'm not aware of what export capabilities streets & trips works since I dont own it. However, is there any way someone can export the waypoint information from the roadfood .stt file into a more generic format like .GPX(this is pretty much the standard for exchange of waypoint information) or ANYTHING other than .stt?

The problem is that I don't have streets and trips but I have several other mapping programs and would really like to load this information into my GPS using Mapquest.

I have GPSbabel and ST2GPS and even though they have support for converting something like 60 formats, the .stt format does not seem to be one of them (although there is a streets and trips .txt format that is supposedly supported).

I think if possible this would be a huge help for those of us that don't use MS S&T but do have other software.

Or if anyone is aware of tools that can accomplish this, I think it would be a good sticky post. I can't imagine I'm the first to have this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided :)

2 Replies Related Threads

Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2130
    RE: Microsoft Streets and Trips Template 2006/03/10 09:32:50 (permalink)
    That sounds interesting. Do you have any information on how the data should be formatted to work with .GPX? We have GPS coordinates of all the restaurants so delivering it a different format should be relatively easy.
    Blower
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: Microsoft Streets and Trips Template 2006/03/10 19:02:35 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stephen Rushmore Jr.

That sounds interesting. Do you have any information on how the data should be formatted to work with .GPX? We have GPS coordinates of all the restaurants so delivering it a different format should be relatively easy.

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm not exactly sure since I dont know what streets and trips is capable of. If you download gpsbabel from http://www.gpsbabel.org/ (its a pretty small download takes a couple of seconds with DSL) you can see what formats it will handle you can also see the list here http://www.gpsbabel.org/capabilities.html. One of the formats is "streets and trips" but it has a .txt extension instead of .stt so it must be something different that the template file.

Most of the mapping programs will "save as" in different formats I would imgaine that microsoft streets and trips would have some capability to do that, it might even save directly into .gpx format. I can try to help you figure it out if you need some help.

I think this would be useful to a lot of the members here.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1