Mid-Hudson BBQ

Author
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3481
2008/05/15 16:16:54 (permalink)

Mid-Hudson BBQ

Elia's meat market in Highland, NY, an excellent place, has been offering BBQ and other smoked meats for about two years. Now they are offering pulled pork and shredded brisket
from a truck parked on Rt 299 about two miles from the intersection with rt 9W. The meat is served already sauced ( a bit of a bummer) and is a sweet Texas style red sauce. The meat is tasty, tender, and moist, but the sauce, in my opinion, works best with the beef - I'd prefer if they could have a vinegar sauce available for the pork. They are open 11am to 3 pm, M-F, and are located at the Gardiner Skyport (big big place for skydivers) on Saturday and Sunday.

BTW: Had a couple of very nice dogs at Soul dog in Poughkeepsie yesterday afternoon - the hot peanut sauce is great, and Gailliked her dog with mustard and sweet green relish.

Cheers, John

2 Replies Related Threads

Matt Gleason
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: Mid-Hudson BBQ 2008/07/07 21:06:31 (permalink)
    Elia's meat market has catered a few of our parties at work.. here is a sampling!

Ribs, pulled pork and brisket. I prefer my ribs dry but these were very good.

I have never been to their shop but will try their truck ASAP! One never knows what will pop up in Gardiner!!

Matt
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    RE: Mid-Hudson BBQ 2008/07/08 09:23:26 (permalink)
    Sorry to report that the truck has not been parked along Rt 299 recently, but I'm told that it is still at the Sky Acres(?) in Gardiner on weekends. Elias is a first class meat market and he usually has BBQ available - the place is well worth a visit even though I'm not a fan of his Texas style sauce.

BTW:If you are in Highland the Highland Cafe is well worth a visit for breakfast or lunch ( the new owner says she will be serving dinner in the near future). Breakfast omelets and especially the french toast are excellent along with good service and good coffee. Mark, the previous owner, sold the business to one of his waitpersons and she has jazzed up the rooms but left the menu pretty much the same as it was under Mark's management.

Cheers, John

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1