Middle Eastern restaurant in Takoma Park, MD

Author
tarragon
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 354
2007/12/29 23:34:01 (permalink)

Middle Eastern restaurant in Takoma Park, MD

My daughter and I were out and about in Takoma Park today; we'd gone there to check out a yarn and a bead shop. The price of yarn is outrageous, imo, btw. It was about 2 PM, though, and I hadn't eaten since early morning, so I was hungry. We saw a restaurant across the street, and I said, "Let's get something to eat," so we went inside.

Now Takoma Park is kind of a quirky place, plus many eateries offer a wide selection of vegetarian dishes (the headquarters of the Seventh Day Adventist Church is there), so it usually makes for a good eating experience although sometimes you get burnt! I'd never noticed this little restaurant before, though, so it was new to me. And they were indeed Middle Eastern! My daughter, who is not as adventurous as I, got a steak and cheese pita wrap, while I had the lamb schwarma pita wrap. My daughter's was a lunch special that came with fries and a fountain soda; my sandwich was accompanied by a nice pickle spear and two olives. I should add that my daughter's platter included the same, and she gave me her olives (not adventurous, see?). Sorry, no pics - we don't have a digital camera, and even if we did, I wouldn't have had it with me!

Both sandwiches were excellent; I really like the schwarma sandwich, and was glad to find another place where I can get one. My daughter's fries were fresh made and very tasty! I had a ginger ale with my sandwich, and got a piece of baklava to go. The total for everything was just under $14! I haven't eaten the baklava yet, but I just know it will be good too.

It's a fairly small restaurant, on the ground floor of a townhouse (an older townhouse, that is); it stayed busy while we were there, though, with both take out and sit down customers. They offer an "all-you-can-eat" brunch on Sundays, including made-to-order omelets, for $7.95!! So we will definitely be returning on a Sunday. The name of this little gem? I do believe it's simply Middle Eastern Cuisine!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1