Mike and Ed's Bar-B-Q in Columbus, GA

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13476
2003/07/02 20:05:17 (permalink)

Mike and Ed's Bar-B-Q in Columbus, GA

I stopped for lunch today at Mike and Ed's in Columbus, GA. This is the second stop at different BBQ places in this area and it seems all of them use a similar BBQ sauce. Previously I had stopped the the Country BBQ and they used a mustard base mile and hot and I noticed the same at Mike and Ed's.

I got the chopped pork. They served pork three different ways, shredded, chopped and sliced. The restaurant was very nice and clean and the huge pit was visible from my table. I watched them pull ribs and butte that was a beautiful dark golden brown off the rack as the flames were jumping up and touching the product. In addition to the above, they also sold chicken which I did not get, but OI observed the next table getting a half chicken. It looked moist, dark brown and smelled good.

Both BBQ places sold two different types of cole slaw. One was similar to what I normally get with a little more vinegar than I like and the other was BBQ slaw, which appeared to be cabbage in a BBQ sauce. My colleague also got BBQ beans which was chocked full of BBQ bits apparently pork. I tried them and I thought they were excellent. They also sold two different types of Brunswick stew. One was like you normally get and the other was topped with chopped BBQ.

They were located at 3930 Veterans Parkway and apparently have locations in Phenix City, AL, Tuscaloosa, AL and Birmingham, AL

I was very pleased with their product and I am very difficult to please. Some of the pork was the crisp outter park of the pork and other parts was the moist tender inner part. When combined form a great taste.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

1 Reply Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15184
    RE: Mike and Ed's Bar-B-Q in Columbus, GA 2003/07/02 20:46:51 (permalink)
    Paul,
    Thanks for the review..The place sounds like it may be worth a stop. It has been a long time since I was at Ft Benning, so it is time for a visit to the area.
    AL
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1