Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza.

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2011/03/10 10:23:04 (permalink)

Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza.

Cojones!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=179524

13 Replies Related Threads

kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/10 11:01:21 (permalink)
    "What was I supposed to do with it"......   now that's a brilliant defense.
    post edited by kland01s - 2011/03/10 11:59:11
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/10 11:38:55 (permalink)
    "Deputies would later tell Majeed that the person who allegedly used his credit card was a wealthy Michigan dentist named Dr. Richard Ludwig, who was in town to watch his son play baseball for Yale University."

What a good example (not) he was for his son and other young people everywhere!  We have enough problems with many young people having no respect for other people's property without having a respected(?) adult doing something like this.  I would hope that he would get the maximum penalty allowed.  Of course, this probably will never happen, since he can afford the best lawyers money can buy.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10332
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/10 15:27:46 (permalink)
    6star

"Deputies would later tell Majeed that the person who allegedly used his credit card was a wealthy Michigan dentist named Dr. Richard Ludwig, who was in town to watch his son play baseball for Yale University."

What a good example (not) he was for his son and other young people everywhere!  We have enough problems with many young people having no respect for other people's property without having a respected(?) adult doing something like this.  I would hope that he would get the maximum penalty allowed.  Of course, this probably will never happen, since he can afford the best lawyers money can buy.

AND he'll put his Legal Fees on a Credit Card to get the bonus points!
    i95
    • Total Posts : 2500
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/10 15:30:12 (permalink)

"When I was younger, just a bad little kid,
    my mama noticed funny things I did.
    Like shooting puppies with a B.B. gun.
    I'd poison guppies and when I was done,
    I'd find a pussycat and bash in its head.
    That's when my mama said."

DawnT
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/10 16:35:55 (permalink)
    Foodbme

6star 

Of course, this probably will never happen, since he can afford the best lawyers money can buy.

The fix is already in. Last few reports mention that he claims he had a "Brain Fade". I've heard of brain fog, but not this spin term. I guess his lawyers are going to claim that he planned to return it, but was so tired and mentally exhusted that he pulled out and used the wrong card as a simple mistake. I'm sure they're working overtime to come up with a good one seeing he already shot his arrogant mouth off about being so wealthy. The fact that he actually signed the receipt with his own name/signature will probably be the point that they are going to try to make that it was done in error. After all, why would a very rich white guy that's a pillar of his community do this and then sign it ? Besides, shouldn't the grunt at the cash register verified the signature with the one on the back of the card b4 hand or asked for ID? It's as much their fault as his mistake (that's the word we use from now on). Oh yes, he may be a dentist, but he was in another state as a visitor, so there is no need for his state's board of professional regulation or Dental board to get involved with professional censure over a felony charge outside of their jursdiction.

Don't you folks see he's the victim here. Besides, with the name on the card, he just might have thwarted a terrorist. Yeah, that should play great too.

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5165
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 09:15:05 (permalink)
    I think the "used it by accident" defense has legs only if he already has a credit card with a similar appearance.  If he doesn't, how did he not notice the difference when he handed it to the cashier?  Also, I didn't see anything in the original story about him signing the receipt.

And just to spin things the other direction, what about the possibility he decided to fraudulently use the card after noticing the cardholder's name?  It'd be interesting to know if he has a history of intolerance toward people whose cultural backgrounds are different from his own.

Brad
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 10:06:27 (permalink)
    i95

"When I was younger, just a bad little kid,
    my mama noticed funny things I did.
    Like shooting puppies with a B.B. gun.
    I'd poison guppies and when I was done,
    I'd find a pussycat and bash in its head.
    That's when my mama said."

You're just a rabid anti-dentite.
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4545
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 10:28:20 (permalink)
    "Meanwhile, Majeed missed his son's birthday while dealing with deputies.  But, the sheriff wanted to make it up to the little boy.
    The sheriff said, "Today, we are taking the son a birthday cake a day late, but still pretty cool. It's SpongeBob."

Now that's my kind of Sheriff!
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 11:24:06 (permalink)
    He should be sentenced to a Root Canal!
    DawnT
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 12:47:49 (permalink)
    Here's a link to the reciept images that you can enlarge. Notice that the genius signed his own name right above Mr. Majeed's.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20110308/NEWS01/103080313/Haslett-dentist-admits-stupid-mistake-using-someone-else-s-credit-card?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 806
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 15:03:23 (permalink)
    I think Mr Majeed should get to use the dentist's credit card for a day. No limits.
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 806
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/03/11 15:03:39 (permalink)
    I think Mr Majeed should get to use the dentist's credit card for a day. No limits.
    ladygodiva
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re:Millionaire Dentist Finds Lost Credit Card And Charges $40 Worth Of Pizza. 2011/08/13 11:47:03 (permalink)
    that is sad, a long time ago I worked for an LPA Firm in Akron OH, the Attornies had good booze like a bar full of Basel Hadens, 12 year old Scotch and had the best of everything, one day I was counting money from my purse and left my purse on the counter in the breakroom to get a call, I came back not even 10 seconds later and one of the attorneys was in my purse with 2 twentys in is hand, he said that it was his money, I told him to hold it right there, I wanted those bills finger printed and if my prints were on the bills I would have him arrested, he threw the money down and ran out, I told the main partner about this and he apologized and made excuses for the creep.  from then on I kept my purse with me at all times
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1