The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions

gostillerz

• Total Posts: 218
Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions Sun, 09/25/11 3:02 PM (permalink)
Hi guys. I have some questions I hope you could help me out with. 

I have a Restaurant Depot card that was given to me by a bar owner, but they closed up in February. Is there any chance the card is still valid? I don't really want to call them to ask as they might decline it if I explain my situation. It's the only place near Pittsburgh that I know of that has Brakebush fiery chicken fingers (I love those things). I also looked into the KCBS thing for a one day pass, but it doesn't look like it still works.

Other question. What types of cheesesteak and gyro meat do you guys use? I have a GFS catalog, but I'm overwhelmed.  This stuff is for home use, don't want Steak-Ums, and I can't fit a whole gyro loaf in my freezer. 

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9527
    Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions Mon, 09/26/11 4:05 AM (permalink)
    You can get Gyro meat in 5# loaves as well as in patties.
    Here's one example:
    http://parthenonfoods.com/-c-81.html?filter_id=174&sort=4a

<message edited by Foodbme on Mon, 09/26/11 4:07 AM>

JodyP

• Total Posts: 322
      Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions Mon, 09/26/11 8:07 AM (permalink)
      Get a business license and they will give you a card for free.

agmccall

• Total Posts: 239
        Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions Tue, 09/27/11 8:18 PM (permalink)
        i would just go to restaurant supply put a few things in the cart and buy them with the card, if it is said to be  expired then just leave the stuff and go.

as for shaved steak, I get mine from my local butcher, it is only 3.59 per lb and everyone loves it.

I never buy Gyro meat.   just get ground lamb and mix with a bit of oregano and some garlic, a bit of salt and pepper and you are good to go

al

Tristan225

• Total Posts: 350
          Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions Tue, 09/27/11 8:42 PM (permalink)
          At my RD you have to put your card through a reader as you enter the store. It will tell you your status.
          Gfs has a small quantity pre-cooked Gyro meat in the freezer section for around $12.00. RD keeps one in stock also in 10 lb quanitys, don't remember the price. I get pre-cooked "Philly seasoned beef-philly steak slices" GFS number 373860 which is 4x2.5 lb frozen around $50. Tastes OK kinda pricy compaired to the Steak-Eze raw from RD. Steak Eze has a pre-cooked puck style which I will try next order. I HAVE to use pre-cooked meat per my HD. You need to speak to a sales person as there are so many variety's.  

Buck & Vi's

• Total Posts: 822
            Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions Wed, 09/28/11 5:23 PM (permalink)
            gostillerz

Hi guys. I have some questions I hope you could help me out with. 

I have a Restaurant Depot card that was given to me by a bar owner, but they closed up in February. Is there any chance the card is still valid? I don't really want to call them to ask as they might decline it if I explain my situation. It's the only place near Pittsburgh that I know of that has Brakebush fiery chicken fingers (I love those things). I also looked into the KCBS thing for a one day pass, but it doesn't look like it still works.

Other question. What types of cheesesteak and gyro meat do you guys use? I have a GFS catalog, but I'm overwhelmed.  This stuff is for home use, don't want Steak-Ums, and I can't fit a whole gyro loaf in my freezer. 

what kind of meat for steak sandwich's depends on how you want to be remembered about them......................

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com