Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions

Author
gostillerz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 220
2011/09/25 15:02:39 (permalink)

Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions

Hi guys. I have some questions I hope you could help me out with. 

I have a Restaurant Depot card that was given to me by a bar owner, but they closed up in February. Is there any chance the card is still valid? I don't really want to call them to ask as they might decline it if I explain my situation. It's the only place near Pittsburgh that I know of that has Brakebush fiery chicken fingers (I love those things). I also looked into the KCBS thing for a one day pass, but it doesn't look like it still works.

Other question. What types of cheesesteak and gyro meat do you guys use? I have a GFS catalog, but I'm overwhelmed.  This stuff is for home use, don't want Steak-Ums, and I can't fit a whole gyro loaf in my freezer. 

5 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10074
    Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions 2011/09/26 04:05:45 (permalink)
    You can get Gyro meat in 5# loaves as well as in patties.
    Here's one example:
    http://parthenonfoods.com/-c-81.html?filter_id=174&sort=4a

post edited by Foodbme - 2011/09/26 04:07:36
    JodyP
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 322
    Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions 2011/09/26 08:07:04 (permalink)
    Get a business license and they will give you a card for free.
    agmccall
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 239
    Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions 2011/09/27 20:18:52 (permalink)
    i would just go to restaurant supply put a few things in the cart and buy them with the card, if it is said to be  expired then just leave the stuff and go.

as for shaved steak, I get mine from my local butcher, it is only 3.59 per lb and everyone loves it.

I never buy Gyro meat.   just get ground lamb and mix with a bit of oregano and some garlic, a bit of salt and pepper and you are good to go

al

Tristan225
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 350
    Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions 2011/09/27 20:42:44 (permalink)
    At my RD you have to put your card through a reader as you enter the store. It will tell you your status.
    Gfs has a small quantity pre-cooked Gyro meat in the freezer section for around $12.00. RD keeps one in stock also in 10 lb quanitys, don't remember the price. I get pre-cooked "Philly seasoned beef-philly steak slices" GFS number 373860 which is 4x2.5 lb frozen around $50. Tastes OK kinda pricy compaired to the Steak-Eze raw from RD. Steak Eze has a pre-cooked puck style which I will try next order. I HAVE to use pre-cooked meat per my HD. You need to speak to a sales person as there are so many variety's.  
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re:Misc Restaurant Depot and GFS questions 2011/09/28 17:23:02 (permalink)
    gostillerz

Hi guys. I have some questions I hope you could help me out with. 

I have a Restaurant Depot card that was given to me by a bar owner, but they closed up in February. Is there any chance the card is still valid? I don't really want to call them to ask as they might decline it if I explain my situation. It's the only place near Pittsburgh that I know of that has Brakebush fiery chicken fingers (I love those things). I also looked into the KCBS thing for a one day pass, but it doesn't look like it still works.

Other question. What types of cheesesteak and gyro meat do you guys use? I have a GFS catalog, but I'm overwhelmed.  This stuff is for home use, don't want Steak-Ums, and I can't fit a whole gyro loaf in my freezer. 

what kind of meat for steak sandwich's depends on how you want to be remembered about them......................

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1