Missed the Bread

Author
Trask
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 118
2010/01/01 15:07:55 (permalink)

Missed the Bread

Returned after a two+ week stay in a semi-rural area far from home. No eateries worthy to mention on the trip but did miss the really good bread available in the Portland, Or area. Yes, there were the familiar baguette shaped and supposed rustic loaves in market deli areas and supersoft sandwich rolls in an otherwise ok sandwich shop. After landing in PDX, we headed straight for Grand Central Bakery where I picked up two real baguettes and four round rustic breads. We then stopped to get some Boars Head cold cuts and we were set for the upcoming New Years long weekend. Mom was right... if the bread is good, you don't need much else!

1 Reply Related Threads

BillyB
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2851
    Re:Missed the Bread 2010/01/01 15:24:07 (permalink)
    I could not agree more. I pick up some good crusty bread in Seattle when we are there. I will remember Grand Central Bakery next time coming over your way. Traveling back from Seaside this summer I stopped at the Dalles to pick up a flat of Blueberries, never saw blueberries that big. My little 8 year old had a pint downed before I knew it. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Take care..............Billyb
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1