Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Missouri Breakfast & Dinner

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 66 of 66
Greymo

• Total Posts: 3666
Re:Missouri Breakfast & Dinner Tue, 03/30/10 6:19 PM (permalink)

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
    Re:Missouri Breakfast & Dinner Tue, 03/30/10 7:02 PM (permalink)
    Greymo

Good move.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
      Re:Missouri Breakfast & Dinner Wed, 03/31/10 5:02 PM (permalink)
      DocChuck

Speaking of "Missouri Breakfast and Dinner", my wife and I recently visited Hannibal, Missouri (some of her relatives are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and have offices in the World Headquarters there).  I make no secret that I am an agnostic, but I was totally impressed with my personal guided tour of the RLDS World Headquarters (see many photos of the tour on my website, if interested).

But, the point is, we stayed at the Garth Woodside Mansion in Hannibal in the Dowager House, and I must tell you that it was an experience that I will never forget.  The breakfasts and dinners were simply magnificent .

While she was visiting relatives, I visited Mark Twain and Jesse James (at least their homes and the museum which contains so many artifacts relating to these two heroes of mine).

If you love the State of Missouri, as we do,  please do yourself a favor and plan a few days visiting Hannibal, Missouri.  You will NOT regret the decision.  

Felonious abuse of bolding.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
        Re:Missouri Breakfast & Dinner Wed, 03/31/10 6:00 PM (permalink)
        DocChuck

Speaking of "Missouri Breakfast and Dinner", my wife and I recently visited Hannibal, Missouri (some of her relatives are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and have offices in the World Headquarters there).  I make no secret that I am an agnostic, but I was totally impressed with my personal guided tour of the RLDS World Headquarters (see many photos of the tour on my website, if interested).

But, the point is, we stayed at the Garth Woodside Mansion in Hannibal in the Dowager House, and I must tell you that it was an experience that I will never forget.  The breakfasts and dinners were simply magnificent .

While she was visiting relatives, I visited Mark Twain and Jesse James (at least their homes and the museum which contains so many artifacts relating to these two heroes of mine).

If you love the State of Missouri, as we do,  please do yourself a favor and plan a few days visiting Hannibal, Missouri.  You will NOT regret the decision.  

I love the smell of elephants in Hannibal in the Springtime.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
          Re:Missouri Breakfast & Dinner Wed, 03/31/10 7:05 PM (permalink)
          DocChuck

YES, I also remember that silly commercial.  However, it did not impress me as 'funny.'  But then, I have a rather dry sense of humor.

Dry? The Sahara is envious.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9574
            Re:Missouri Breakfast & Dinner Wed, 03/31/10 8:16 PM (permalink)
            DocChuck & Michael Hoffman:
            I would Love to sit down with both of you and have an open discussion about anything and everything you would like to talk about! You are two interesting fellows that I presume to be somewhat intelligent with different views of Life, the World & the Universe. Maybe we could sell tickets and fill an Amphitheater!! Maybe make enough $$ to go out and get a BBQ sandwich and a couple of Beers. What Say You????
            Of course Michael, this would require you getting out of your "Comfort Zone" and come to AZ. We'll find a place on a mountain top where the temp is below 40 degrees!
            <message edited by Foodbme on Wed, 03/31/10 8:20 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 66 of 66

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com