Mobile Marketing for Restaurants

Author
3Seventy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2012/04/20 15:23:40 (permalink)

Mobile Marketing for Restaurants

Have you used mobile marketing (SMS messaging, mobile websites, or an app) to market your restaurant? If so, how successful was your campaign? Would you do it again, and if so, what would you want to change or execute better?

If you haven't, learn how SMS messaging (and mobile web) can be an inexpensive and effective way to increase awareness, drive business, increase loyalty, and gain customer feedback in real time. Join us for a free educational webinar on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 12 noon ET/11 am CT/9 am PT by registering here:

If you miss the webinar, you can find recordings of it & all of our other webinars on our Resources page:

I look forward to talking with some of you soon!

-Angela

3 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10324
    Re:Mobile Marketing for Restaurants 2012/04/20 17:32:01 (permalink)
    I was considering hitting this as Spam, because it is self promotion, but they may have some info that could be helpful to our members.
    It prompted me to learn more about this type of marketing.
    Wiki has some good primer info on the subject of Mobile Marketing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS_marketing#Mobile_marketing_via_SMS_Marketing
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3716
    Re:Mobile Marketing for Restaurants 2012/04/20 20:48:21 (permalink)
    My first and only thought is we (USA) needs a Do NOT CALL list for cell phones and business phones need to opt in if they want sales calls.

I get 3 to 5 calls per day from company's that are trying to sell me something and in fact I get 3 per week from Google and the dumb S.O.B always call between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM.

If I'm not just deep in the weeds I usually take a minute and ask the telemarketer "What is your boss's first name?"
    And they'll always hesitate and finally give me a name(George Ralph what ever), and I'll then say "Ok hang up the phone and go tell (name goes here) he is stupid for having you call a food service operation during there busiest time of day." And then I hang up.

I had one girl that asked why did I think (name goes here) was stupid after I went through the above and I said never mind your as stupid as (name goes here) LMAO>

I hate those calls with a passion. I can't describe how mad I get after answering the phone while I'm filling an order, phone cradled on my shoulder building a pork or brisket sandwich or asking a customer to wait just one minute while answering the phone.

So I'll never be involved in anything like SMS messaging. 

Sorry that's just me.
    jack
    roadkillgrill
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 179
    Re:Mobile Marketing for Restaurants 2012/04/22 07:59:42 (permalink)
    I will share my technique...
    Write down your states Attorney General number , not their 800 number, and post it several places. When you get these telemarketing calls, be polite and interested and tell them they need to call the HOME OFFICE and speak to the owner(AG's personal name) at this number(AG's phone number)...... Guess what in a short period of time all the calls seem to STOP for some reason.... LOL it's so much fun!!!!!!
    post edited by roadkillgrill - 2012/04/22 08:03:41
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1