Mobile marketing as a marketing channel?

Author
bogdanb
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
Flagged as Spam (3)
2013/02/14 22:35:39 (permalink)

Mobile marketing as a marketing channel?

Have you guys tried mobile marketing via sms and mms messages to boost sales?
I've notice some guys are making very good sales with it. Since I was not familiar with at all made some research and found interesting post about the topic at corporate blog of one the MM providers in US. It was very interesting for me to read it and you can find it at blog.protexting.com.

Early all associations with sms marketing in my mind were those unwanted messages that we all receive but this post changed my point of view.

2 Replies Related Threads

chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2011
    Re:Mobile marketing as a marketing channel? 2013/02/14 22:50:11 (permalink)
    Go get a real job!
    tbradley
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re:Mobile marketing as a marketing channel? 2013/03/04 23:39:44 (permalink)
    sms marketing messages are usually opened and read at a rate of about 80% compared to email marketing at just 5-15%, so it's definitely an awesome channel to reach customers. it has to be used sparingly though to not annoy customers, and you want to make sure every time you send a text you're providing value to them (coupon, special, etc) rather than just a random promotion. definitely having a mobile website is key to pair with your sms marketing. i assume you're doing twitter and email marketing already? you can get a free email marketing account with up to 2000 contacts from mail chimp.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1