Montgomery County, PA Pizza etc

Author
eatingteam
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 186
2007/09/22 19:15:51 (permalink)

Montgomery County, PA Pizza etc

Today we were bored and put together a spur of the moment pizza tour in Montgomery County, PA which borders Philadelphia, PA

We found some very very very good pizza and some average.

1. Rizzo's in Glenside, PA

Very good traditional thin crust with a great cheese flavor and all around solid great pizza. We ordered the half white half traditional and both sides were very good.

2. Yalda's Grill Kabob - Horsham, PA

This place was so good I also posted in more detail about it under the PIZZA section. Unbeliveable the pizza that comes out of this place and the unique combinations that happen to magically blend together for a great taste. This took some time to make as he hand makes everything from scratch.
reccomendations

Buffalo Wing Pizza
Eggplant pizza
Sloppy Moe

3. The Riviera - Roslyn, PA

Not bad Sicilian. Decent pizza but not "top 20" list worthy. I understand these guys help out with a lot of community events with their food and that is always something we will support.

4. The Pizza Box - Glenside, PA

This place has a million different pizza's as well. 5 of us from the eatingteam went today and all of us got something different and each of us liked what we got. They have a cheeseteak stuffed pizza which was a big hit.

5. Daryl's Pastries - Glenside, PA

There is no Pizza here but I have to mention it if you are going to be in the neighborhood. They have some of the best doughnuts and cookies anywhere in the Philadelphia area. Believe me I have been to an awful lot of the bakeries in the area.They are also known for their breakfast sandwiches as well.

6. Otto's Brauhaus- Horsham, PA

German buffet Sunday night for under $20. We got the sausage sampler for an app and then each of us ordered form there. The Tyroller is one of our favorite sandwhiches. Obviously you can't go wrong with any of the German platters...

Tony

2 Replies Related Threads

ken8038
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1600
    RE: Montgomery County, PA Pizza etc 2007/09/22 19:54:58 (permalink)
    <<Rizzo's in Glenside, PA
    We ate there a few years ago when my daughter was going to school in Philly. The pizza was fine, but the pepperoni was weird. It tasted OK, but instead of being slices of pepperoni is was like little pellets of pepperoni. It reminded me of something I would feed my cat. I've never seen pepperoni served that way anywhere else, before or since.
    eatingteam
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: Montgomery County, PA Pizza etc 2007/09/22 20:05:28 (permalink)
    Good thing we did not get that... I did really liked both the white and the traditional though.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1