The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Mpls stuff

joanie881

• Total Posts: 14
Mpls stuff Fri, 07/14/06 11:46 AM (permalink)
Hit the Band Box Diner where the baby burger w/ cheese wasn't too exciting and should have cost less. But I appreciate the old diner still doing good business. I had posted a month or so ago asking about Jucy Lucy's in MSP (as a reminder, cheese stuffed in the middle of the burger) and tried one at The Nook in St. Paul. It was great w/ excellent fries for about $7. Old joint style place which was pretty mellow in the middle of a weekday afternoon but I really liked it.

Rode out to Lindstrom MN after seeing the Lindstrom Bakery on this site (and it being my namesake) where we had excellent Scandanavian donuts (and more good donuts at the Rocky River Bakery in Taylor's Falls). Also in Taylor's Falls was the Drive In which was a classic old drive-in where you can order in your car but we sat at picnic tables by the mini golf. Cute place but my hot dog was barely hot, served on a cold boring roll, onion straws were just fair and seemed to be done in old oil, the burgers went over better. But the price was right and I'm glad I went.

Other side notes: good frozen custard at Liberty, good hashbrowns and blueberry pancake at Al's by UMinn, tiny joint with a counter for about 15, and great fancier breakfast at Hell's Kitchen downtown.

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
    RE: Mpls stuff Fri, 07/14/06 1:18 PM (permalink)
    Hi Joanie! Thank you for the info... I made a stuffed burger last night, started with about half a pound of ground beef/hot italian sausage mix, made two saucer size patties, added a chunk of chedder, a thick slice on vidalia and a slice of tomatoe, cooked it up on a mini charcoal grill made from a coffee can and added a double slice of american cheese at the end

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com