My Dream Bus

Author
doggydaddy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1847
2007/07/02 09:26:50 (permalink)

My Dream Bus

I went on a Roadfood based trip of western Connecticut based on what was downloaded into my GPS. I will share those photos later for another thread. I finished eating at one place a half hour prior to coming upon this as I was driving along RT 7. It was called Pasquale's Street Food and right there, the name piqued my interest. I made one the fast stop and U-turn to get back to this:

This is an old converted school bus, as evidenced by the safety mirrors and the protective crossing gate that is still attached to it.

Here is a rear view.
Going up to the counter window I looked in and this thing was the real deal.
I was able to talk to the owner, and told him that this was my future dream. He let me come up and inside the bus, giving me a complete tour of the inside and its equipment.

It had all that was needed to make a kitchen work. Refrigeration, freezers, fryers, flat top griddle and a grated grill too. It had everything that one could ask for, including air conditioning that actually kept the whole thing cool. On the stove, they were cooking a pot of ground beef for their home-made chili.
There was even a CB radio so truckers could call ahead for their orders.
He spent about 200 grand to recondition it. I thought about rickmalek when he described the trails and tribulations of getting this bus ready. It almost did not come together.

Here is a photo of their cheeseburger. A juicy specimen with an excellent kaiser style roll. My only mistake here was that I failed to order it with the works. There was a line at the window and I did not want to bother with asking for the lettuce, tomato and onion.
That's okay. I plan on taking this trip just to see, study and eat there again.
This place is a Roadfood destination at its best.

mark

4 Replies Related Threads

John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: My Dream Bus 2007/07/02 17:57:26 (permalink)
    Holy Moly, $200,000.00, that's a lotta moola.
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6382
    RE: My Dream Bus 2007/07/03 20:08:21 (permalink)
    I agree John, WOW you gotta sell a bunch o product to make that back up.

Either that or he is laundering money for someone!
    doggydaddy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1847
    RE: My Dream Bus 2007/07/03 20:20:26 (permalink)

That is no different from some of the massive RV busses that are plying the highways, they are literally complete rolling homes. I wish that I took photos of the inside. It was an impressive setup.
    This thing could feed many people as I thought that it would be great for catering a film shoot.

I do not believe that my real idea would be this equiped, but as I posted above, it is 'My Dream Bus'.
    Dreaming is okay...

mark
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: My Dream Bus 2007/07/04 08:32:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by doggydaddy

That is no different from some of the massive RV busses that are plying the highways, they are literally complete rolling homes. I wish that I took photos of the inside. It was an impressive setup.
    This thing could feed many people as I thought that it would be great for catering a film shoot.

I do not believe that my real idea would be this equiped, but as I posted above, it is 'My Dream Bus'.
    Dreaming is okay...

mark

You're right about those RV's, guy I know has one that cost $500,000.00 plus; talk about a dream bus." />
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1